Next Learn More From Other Employees
Other employees, especially ones who have worked in their profession for many years, may have gained experience you can learn from. Ask them for advice or guidance to gain more skills to apply towards the position. They can teach you certain skills and supervise you as you apply these skills during the job.
Why Employers Want To See Cna Skills On Your Resume
A CNA holds many responsibilities for a clinic or hospital. Employers want to ensure you can complete each task efficiently. They may use your resume to verify that you have the necessary skills needed to accomplish specific duties. These responsibilities often involve patient care, maintaining patient health records and being knowledgeable of certain diseases. Once an employer notices you have the skills of an ideal CNA employee, they may be more interested in hiring you.
Talk To Professionals In The Field
If youre having a difficult time determining what skills an employer may want to see, consider contacting a professional already working in the industry or position similar to the one youre applying for. Find out what skills they consider most important, and identify which align with your own.
When creating a list of skills for your resume, only include those you know to be your strengths. If theres something youre still learning, dont feel pressured to include it because it appears in the job posting. If the employer mentions a skill you didnt include during the interview process, you can discuss how youre working to learn or improve for the role.
Don’t Miss: Is My Perfect Resume Legit
Work Experience In Your Cna Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your cna resume. Its the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.This section, however, is not just a list of your previous cna responsibilities. It’s meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular cna position you’re applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Cna resume experience can include:
- Good communication skills are necessary. Ability to read and write English
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility as evidenced by floating to other areas and is agreeable to work flexible schedules
- Maintains competency in clinical skills for service to which assigned
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.#MON-NCD
- Speak, read, writes, and communicates effectively
- Communicate effectively with patients, family members, visitors, and other staff
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Examples
You’re a caring person. You like to look out for others and make sure they’re living happy, healthy lives.
You’re a great Certified Nursing Assistant , but you shouldn’t also need to be an expert at writing a resume. It can be challenging to talk about your experience and qualifications on your resume in a way that demonstrates your expertise.
These resume samples have helped CNAs land jobs at great hospitals, rehab facilities, in-home care companies, and so many more. They’re a great place for you to get started.
Why this resume works
- If you include a resume objective on your resume then you should try to customize for each job you apply to by matching the keywords mentioned in the job description.
- To become a CNA you need to become certified, which involves completing a training course followed by a certification exam which differs by state. The certificate usually lasts for 2 years so make sure you include the year you were last certified on your resume.
- Similarly, most CNA jobs require that you’re certified in CPR and First Aid. That certification also lasts for 2 years so include both the organization that certified you and the year you were last certified.
Don’t Miss: How To Fill A Resume With No Experience
Example Skills To Put On A Resume
While you can often easily determine hard skills to list based on details in the job description, selecting relevant soft skills is not always as clear. To help narrow down which soft skills to put on a resume, review the various duties of the position and determine which of your personal strengths will help you successfully complete those tasks.
Here are several examples of popular soft and hard skills employers may be seeking:
Experience For Cna Prn Resume
- Demonstrate understanding of and carries out individual resident’s care according to Standards of Care and the Residents Daily Care Plan
- One year in an acute, sub acute or skilled nursing facility setting
- One year of experience as a nursing assistant in an acute environment
- Experience using computer software such as Electronic Medical Records and MS Office
- Experience with older adults or desire to serve older adults in a care-giving role
- At least 6 months of nursing assistant experience
You May Like: How Long To Follow Up After Resume
Other Job Hunting Tips
Perception is important, and many employers will do a quick search on social media platforms to gain insight into potential employees as part of the hiring process. If youre active on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter youll want to be careful of how your account is set up or how you manage it. Make sure that you dont post any objectionable content that could concern employers, or youll want to lock down your settings to make sure your profiles are private and only available to people you choose.
Its also wise to provide supporting documents when applying for a position. Its wise to send along a cover letter that you can tailor a bit for each job you apply for. Additionally, if you have letters of recommendation, those can be another way to help separate yourself from other candidates.
Skills For Cna Nights Resume
- Six months patient care experience in an acute hospital setting
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience desirable
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work well with a variety of people
- Problem solve and apply good judgment
- Participates in the dining experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, feeding, based on residents strengths
Don’t Miss: How Far To Go Back On A Resume
First Take Relevant Courses
One of the most effective ways to enhance your CNA resume skills is to take more courses related to a CNA career. You can enroll in a university or community college as a part-time student. This allows you to continue working as a CNA and taking courses to build more skills and possibly receive a higher title.
Choose The Right Resume Format
The three types of resume formats to consider include:
- Chronologicallists your work experience in reverse-chronological order.
- Functionalfocuses more on relevant skills than work history.
- Combinationblends chronological and functional resume types.
Choose a resume format that will highlight your skills and experience effectively. If you are applying for an entry-level certified nursing assistant role or switching careers to be a CNA, you might consider using a combination or functional format. This resume type allows the focus to remain on your skills and abilities rather than your lack of practical on-the-job experience. Use a chronological resume to prioritize your work history if you have at least three years of professional experience.
You May Like: Should You List High School On Resume
The 25 Cna Tested Skills
This is the entire list of skills and a brief description of each.
HandwashingMost every state will include handwashing in the skills examination.
Donning and Doffing Gown and GlovesEspecially with transmissible diseases like COVID-19, donning and doffing protective personal equipment , such as gowns and gloves, is extremely important.
Positioning in Fowlers PositionThis is adjusting the patients bed to be in a semi-sitting position, which may be required when a patient is short of breath.
Positioning in Lateral PositionMoving the patient into this side-lying position may be appropriate in some scenarios.
Transferring from Bed to Chair Using a Gait BeltFor patients who have difficulty ambulating, using an assistive device like a gait belt may be necessary.
Assisting the Resident in Walking Using a Gait BeltGait belts can also be helpful in assisting and supporting a patient with walking.
Making an Occupied BedFor bedridden patients, you may need to change their sheets and make their bed while they are still in it, which can be tricky.
Passive Range of Motion on the Upper BodyFor patients with difficulty moving their upper extremities, passive exercises of shoulders, elbows, wrists, and fingers may be needed.
Passive Range of Motion on the Lower BodyEspecially for patients that are not ambulating, exercises of hips, knees, ankles, and toes can help prevent many complications.
Brushing DenturesPatients with dentures may need assistance caring for them.
What Are Cna Resume Skills
CNA resume skills are the specific skills employers are looking for when they want to hire a certified nursing assistant. CNAs often work with sick or elderly patients, which requires a certain set of technical and communication skills. By including some, or all, of these skills on your resume, youll show to employers you are a good fit for the job.
1. Name and contact information2. Summary or objectivec. Description of role and achievement4. Education
You May Like: How To Change Linkedin Resume
How To Make Your Resume Look Professional Even Though You Have No Experience
How to add nanny experience to a resume. The more information you include, the more informed a prospective employer will be abou. Programmers 20 years ago were trying to solve the same problems that exist today. When you add nanny experience to a resume, include all the positions you’ve held in the past seven to 10 years. In our technologically advanced world, it is vital for employees in nearly all fields to have basic computer skills and experience. How much job experience should you put on your resume if you’re over 50?. Don’t lose hope if you have little to no experience for the job you really want. But, i don’t have any job experience! Since computer technology evolves so rapidly, does it matter if you have 5 or 15 years of experience as e.g. You don’t necessarily need to list every job you’ve had on your resume. How to make a sales resume with little experience. For the past year i’ve been mercilessly attacking every retail outlet and restaurant. Companies use the expertise of human resources professionals and hiri.
You don’t necessarily need to list every job you’ve had on your resume. But, i don’t have any job experience! How to add nanny experience to a resume.
In our technologically advanced world, it is vital for employees in nearly all fields to have basic computer skills and experience. For the past year i’ve been mercilessly attacking every retail outlet and restaurant. Discover what you have to do to jumpstart your career as a cna.
Professional Skills In Cna Resume
When listing skills on your cna resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there’s a list of typical cna skills:
- Effectively implements person-centered care plan, focusing on residents strengths
- Prior patient care experience in sub-acute, long term care and/or with Alzheimers or Dementia patients
- Effectively interact with individuals who are cognitively and/or physically impaired
- Effectively provide medical support in the delivery of patient care
- Communicates effectively and appropriately
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the role proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and procedures
Read Also: Honors On Resume
Role 1 Nursing Assistant Skills
As a nursing assistant, you will report to RNs who work closely with doctors to provide patient care. Your ability to follow directions and care for patients is a priority for employers, so emphasize your record as a committed employee.
The following nursing assistant skills should also be displayed throughout your resume:
- A thorough understanding of HIPAA and privacy policies
- Ability to take and record vital signs
- Experience in patient care, including feeding, bathing, and dressing
Understanding Of Common Disorders
Another acquired skill is the understanding of common disorders. CNAs who know the basics of how the body functions and what certain common disorders can do can often become more attractive candidates for a job.
If you dont have previous work experience as a CNA but have experience with a particular disorder, you can include this on your resume. For example, if youve cared for a grandparent suffering from dementia while gaining your CNA license, you could list your familiarity with this condition when creating your resume.
Read Also: How To Insert A Line In Word For Resume
What To Include In Your Cna Personal Summary
- Your personal summary is where you can demonstrate your caregiving skills and dedication to delivering quality care to your clients.
- First, highlight some of your best personal qualities. Do you have a positive attitude? Are you reliable? Are you empathetic, compassionate, or good at listening? Do you have high attention to detail? Are you good at defusing patient anger or frustration? The best CNAs care about their clients as human beings. Include two to four of your top qualities that help demonstrate how you would be a good employee.
- Then, include some of your best interpersonal skills. Are you sociable? Do you have excellent communication skills? Can you multitask and prioritize well? Are you highly organized and good at charting? Do you enjoy mentoring new staff? Are you able to relay instructions to family members regarding care? Include two to four of your strongest interpersonal skills that show how you would be a good team member.
- List your certifications. Are you qualified to give cardiopulmonary resuscitation or trained in basic life support ? You want to show potential employers that you are a well-rounded candidate, so add your certifications in your summary.
Cna Resume Objective Examples
The more specific and detailed that a resume objective is, the more likely the resume will meet the standards of the application systems and show employers that your skill set aligns with the position you are applying for.
Examples of well-written CNA resume objectives that you can use as a guide:
- Dedicated and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant with proven communication, analytical and time-management skills gained during clinical training in a fast-paced, urgent care clinic and through spearheading a fundraising campaign that raised $5,000. Seeking a position as a nursing assistant to gain experience with geriatric patients and help the Memorial Hospital raise their patient satisfaction scores.
- Experienced and reliable CNA with proven patient care and documentation skills seeking a position in neonatal care. Trained to work in a variety of hospital and clinical settings and able to work independently as well as part of a residential healthcare team.
- Compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant with an extensive background in maternity care looking to provide my knowledge and commitment to patient satisfaction at Jones Hospital.
- Professional and dedicated CNA looking for a position as a nursing assistant at the doctors office of Murphy and Associates to apply my years of experience assisting patients with dementia.
- Seeking a CNA position at Leone Memorial Hospital where I can maximize my seven years of first aid, emergency room and trauma experience.
Don’t Miss: When Will Corvette Plant Tours Resume
Patient Care And Safety
A nursing assistant must ensure that their patients receive all medications, treatment, and procedures they need to facilitate a speedy recovery. They must inform the patients and their families of the necessary precautions to take during and after treatment.
Before surgery, they should check that their patient is staying away from any food or drink that may be harmful to the procedures success. After a patient undergoes an operation, the nursing assistant must remember to observe the patient and report any development to the head nurse. They should also educate the patients family on how to care for them after the hospital discharges them.
For The Past Year I’ve Been Mercilessly Attacking Every Retail Outlet And Restaurant
In fact, if you’ve been in the workforce several years, many career experts advise listing only your most recent. For the past year i’ve been mercilessly attacking every retail outlet and restaurant. Discover what you have to do to jumpstart your career as a cna. How to add nanny experience to a resume. Programmers 20 years ago were trying to solve the same problems that exist today. The united states bureau of labor and projected that cna jobs would grow by around nine percent between 2018 and 2028. But, i don’t have any job experience! Short for converged network adapter, cna is a technology that supports data networking and storage networking traffic on a single short for converged network adapter, cna is a technology that supports data networkin. In our technologically advanced world, it is vital for employees in nearly all fields to have basic computer skills and experience. You don’t necessarily need to list every job you’ve had on your resume. How to make your resume look professional even though you have no experience. Database and spreadsheet programs, like microsoft excel, are important to know for most office jobs. Since computer technology evolves so rapidly, does it matter if you have 5 or 15 years of experience as e.g.
Recommended Reading: When Will Corvette Plant Tours Resume
Electronic Medical Records Experience
You may use a computer regularly when working as a CNA, especially to input medical records. CNAs often use common medical records software to keep medical records updated. List certain software experience as a skill to inform an employer that you have used similar programs and can adapt to using their software.
Hard Vs Soft Nursing Skills
The primary difference between hard skills and soft skills is how we gain them and how we put them to use. Hard skills are more technical and people can learn them through education or specialized training. Soft skills relate more to the personality traits we have gained and developed throughout our lifetime. Hard skills are the technical skills and knowledge to perform your job duties and soft skills are the personal characteristics that relate to how you perform in a work environment. Your resume should include a combination of both hard and soft skills so you will stand out as a well-rounded candidate to potential employers.
Read more:Hard Skills vs. Soft Skills
You May Like: What Do You Write For Profile In A Resume