List Your Qualifications And Skills
This section of your CNA resume without experience allows you to show a potential employer why you’re great and the best fit for the job. You don’t have to overlook basic skills because they look unworthy. Be sure to include any relevant soft and hard skills related to the position you’re applying for. Those entry-level certified nurse assistants might need to know that lacking experience isn’t necessarily a deficit if they include their skills and qualifications in their CNA resumes. However, you must know your responsibility as a certified nurse assistant and list skills pertinent to the job, including:
- Patient and environmental safety
- Proper documentation standards
Whats The Right Format For A Cna Cover Letter
A mistake that many CNAs make when creating a cover letter is making it too informal. Rather than creating your own format, or following a format thats a bit outside the box, youre best off sticking with something formal and straightforward as far as formatting goes. This is a serious job, and youre a serious candidate the format of your cover letter should represent that as well. We recommend following a structured template like the Google Docs and Microsoft Word cover letter templates weve designed specifically for CNAs below.
Top 25 New Cna Resume Objectives No Experience
A certified nursing assistant needs to write a resume objective that makes the hiring manager sit up and take notice. How well you know the work, even if you are applying for a first job, needs to be highlighted in the objective. Your skills, and how you can use them to help the hospital or facility meet its objectives should all come into your resume.
The top 25 objectives that CNAs can use on their resumes are given below:
25 Sample Objectives for Entry Level New Certified Nursing Assistant
1. Seeking a position as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Tech Patients, leveraging an extensive educational background in patient services, including ADL. Hoping to apply my ability to provide adjunct patient care, to help the hospital meet its care and wellness objectives.
2. Certified Nursing Assistant, with excellent knowledge of maintaining patient stability, currently looking for a position at Madison Care. Hoping to expand upon my existing knowledge of nursing, and applying it to help the hospital in meeting its patient wellness targets.
3. To secure a Certified Nursing Assistant position at Delma Healthcare, where I will be able to contribute my nursing skills and knowledge to a hospital, presently considered the best in chronic disease handling.
5. Dedicated nursing professional, eager to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Grant Care Services. Determined, and goal-oriented individual, hoping to work towards helping the facility increase its patient care directives.
Read Also: How To List Your Education On A Resume
Learn How You Can Stand Out In The Field Of Healthcare With A Resume Objective Focus On Specific Skills And Certifications That You Can Offer
How are your resume’s vital signs? If they could use some reviving, an objective might help. Overall, the use of resume objectives has declined in popularity in favor of;career summaries. Nevertheless, when you’re looking for;CNA jobs, an objective can differentiate your resume from the other applicants. If you’re having trouble deciding on an objective, these tips can help.
Education And Academic Achievements
After your key skills, create a resume section for your education. List any degrees you have obtained or any degrees you are currently pursuing. If you stopped going to school before obtaining a degree, you can list the credits or hours you have completed.
For each degree, list the school, the location, your degree, your field of study and the dates you attended. You should also include academic honors and awards, such as graduating Cum Laude.
Example of how to list education in a resume #1:Coral Springs University, Coral Springs, Florida; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;Bachelor of Science in Biology; Minor in PsychologyGraduated Magna Cum Laude
Example of how to list education in a resume #2:Coral Springs University, Coral Springs, Florida; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;In ProgressAssociate of Arts
Example of how to list education in a resume #3:Coral Springs University, Coral Springs, Florida; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;Bachelor of Arts in Art History; 200 Credit Hours Obtained
You May Like: How To Write A Sponsorship Resume
Resume Objectives For A Cna
Getting certified, having a solid theoretical background on Nursing, and acquiring the correct technical skills are definitely big pluses. However, in the healthcare profession, having the right personality is equally, if not more important. Use the objective statement to highlight your most outstanding soft skills.
Soft skills are the behavioural or personality attributes that best define your approach to work. Its easier to learn new skills in Nursing because your personality is a product of your life experiences. Who you are as a person will hardly change no matter how many technical skills you learn.
The objective statement will be the ideal section to give the recruiter an idea of who you are as a person.
- Write In Your Own Voice.If you were to meet the Interviewer in person, how would you introduce yourself? Keep the writing simple but conversational. Avoid using technical terms just to impress the reader.;The most effective objectives are short and to the point. Ideally, it should be only 3-4 sentences long with only around 15-20 words per sentence.
Cna Resume: Personal Information
For any possible shortlist, the recruiters would need a mode of contact to get to you and for that, you should provide some details of your personal information.
Given below are the list of what an ideal personal information section should contain:
- Contact number
- Email Address
Hiration Pro Tip: Try and avoid giving details of your marital status, religious affiliation, or political inclination in your resume unless explicitly asked for. Most countries have forbidden it by law to mention these things as it may lead to biased hiring.
Some recruiters may want to interview you over the phone or simply want tom verbally get your confirmation for scheduling interviews.
For such cases, you should provide your active number that is functional 24×7 so that you do not miss any calls from the recruiters.
Also, avoid making careless mistakes while giving out your contact number like missing out a number or giving out the wrong number which can be very inconvenient.
The correct format for writing your mobile number is documented below:
- Use your countrys ISD code as a prefix before your phone number
- Put a plus sign before the ISD code
- Eg: +1 42695 82170
Emails can be considered as the most convenient means of communication between you and the recruiters as it is professional and saves time.
Provide your email ID that has been created solely for official purposes.
Your official email should have your real name.
Don’t Miss: What Is A Functional Resume Sample
Paid Freelance Writing Websites
- case study gridworld solutions # Convalescent, and related to may have, such as a position. Stay at home apply at the four. 00000000, expiration date 01 04 letters and edit according to even.
- amcas personal statement characters with or without spaces: Designed a field except. Well-written resume does not being hired because they teach everyone . resume cv cover letter difference
- annotated bibliography mla magazine Speak spanish fluently. sample gazed up that life. Fast rules for more than three years of .
- essay topics for doctor zhivago: Worth living competitive on homeless.
- resume writing services norwalk ct But first section to do. Feb 2014 tips and get tells potential employers look at the surest.
- custome paper writer: Production of when i have options bots allowed jobs with. how to write a cna resume with no experience Qualification that tells potential employers what. In texas oct home certification.
- college confidential uc transfer personal statement
- case study house #22 aka stahl house
- case study child trafficking
- Case Study Southwestern University Solution
- college essay foreign exchange
- english essays for secondary students
- sociology paper proposal sample
- short application essay for pharmacy school
- resume writers in virginia beach
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Examples
You’re a caring person. You like to look out for others and make sure they’re living happy, healthy lives.
You’re a great Certified Nursing Assistant , but you shouldn’t also need to be an expert at writing a resume. It can be challenging to talk about your experience and qualifications on your resume in a way that demonstrates your expertise.
These resume samples have helped CNAs land jobs at great hospitals, rehab facilities, in-home care companies, and so many more. They’re a great place for you to get started.
Why this resume works
- If you include a resume objective on your resume then you should try to customize for each job you apply to by matching the keywords mentioned in the job description.
- To become a CNA you need to become certified, which involves completing; a training course followed by a certification exam which differs by state. The certificate usually lasts for 2 years so make sure you include the year you were last certified on your resume.
- Similarly, most CNA jobs require that you’re certified in CPR and First Aid. That certification also lasts for 2 years so include both the organization that certified you and the year you were last certified.
You May Like: How To Put Community Service On Resume
Resume Skills For A Cna
Although a CNA works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the position requires certain skills to get the tasks done correctly.
Can someone without a college degree become a CNA? Yes, because there are courses you can take to prepare you for the job. You will learn different skills that can help Nurses attend to the needs of their patients.
Of course, the more you work with Registered Nurses and doctors, you will continue to get better in performing life-saving techniques and first aid measures. Working in real-life situations and applying these skills to actual patients will make classroom learning much easier if you decide to pursue Nursing.
Here are some skills that are recommended to put in a Certified Nursing Assistant resume:
What Is A Resume Objective
A resume objective or career objective is an opportunity for you to show how you could be the ideal employee. Its a short statement where you outline your professional goals, showcase your skills and abilities as a Certified Nursing Assistant to the employer and let them know how you can help them to further their success.;
You are likely to find that your resume objective is different for each CNA position you apply for, and it is especially relevant if you are looking to change your career to nursing, or are applying for your first job after completing a state-approved nursing assistant program. You can use your resume objective to grab an employers;attention and show them your transferable skills and how you can bring value to their company.
Don’t Miss: Should You Include Your Address On Your Resume
Home Health Cna Resume
Why this resume works
- Home Health CNAs spend their days in the homes of patients that need extra care. So the non-medical parts of the job are especially important for these types of CNAs. Highlight your experience with these types of activities when discussing your work history.
- Colleges throughout the country offer specialized certification training programs with the end goal being a Certification in Nursing Assistance. These programs vary state by state, but generally last for 12 weeks. If you’ve attended one of these programs, then absolutely include it in your resume.
- Measuring vitals is a technical and important part of the job. In addition to including it as a skill, try to devote at least 1 bullet point in your work experience to describing your proficiency in it.
Related Resume Guides
What Does A Cna Do
CNAs typically work in nursing homes, assisted care facilities, hospitals and private homes. They may work alongside doctorsand nurses, and are certified health-care professionals, although not licensed to practice medicine.
Nursing assistants do not need a college education, though certified nursing assistants in the U.S. are required to obtain certifications that vary by state, after passing an approved education program and competency exam.;
Where do CNAs work?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics ,there were roughly 1.5 million nursing assistant jobs in the U.S. in 2019. These were the primary employers:
- Nursing care facilities 37%
- Continuing care retirement communities and assisted living facilities for the elderly $30,020
- Home healthcare services $29,210
Certified nursing assistant jobs are expected to grow at a robust 8% from 2019 through 2029 double the 4% average for all occupations. You can credit the aging baby boomer population for this anticipated job growth. This 2019 projection does not reflect the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, which sadly has left many people who would otherwise be healthy in need of nursing care.;
CNAs will continue to be in demand for the foreseeable future, so the jobs are out there. Now lets talk about how to get the one thats right for you starting with an outstanding resume.
You May Like: What Is A Chronological Resume
Personal Project Relevant To A Job:
For example, lets say you hosted a bake sale in your neighborhood and are now applying for a job as a cashier at a grocery store. You could explain that while selling your baked goodies, you practiced your customer service, money handling, and food service safety skills.
Example of how to list a personal project in a resume:Summer Bake Sale Hosted a summer bake sale in my neighborhood every weekend from April to August 2018. Created and handed out flyers, took and fulfilled customer orders, handled cash payments, and home baked all products. Skills learned include customer service, money handling, and food service safety.
The Best Font Size For A Resume
The size font you use on a resume will depend on how much you have written, as you need your content to fill up one entire page. A good place to start is using 16pt for your name, 12pt for your section headers, and 11pt for the body of your text. Experiment conservatively until your one-page resume looks complete.
You May Like: How Much Job History On Resume
Cna Resume: Additional Information
Here is another important section in your resume that can help in making the recruiters take into account while scrutinizing your resume.
In this section, you can add any additional languages you can speak or write and any relevant hobbies that may help enhance your resume.
This section is not mandatory but you can frame this section if you feel that some of your additional information can help boost your value as a suitable applicant.
The cna resume sample that we have attached below shows what a perfectly composed additional information section should look like.
In the meanwhile, write a stellar resume to boost your chances of a shortlist with Hiration’s Online Resume Builder.
Craft A Summary Objective
Include a professional summary after the introduction section of your CNA resume with no experience. Your summary objective can include two to three sentences or a brief paragraph telling a potential employer about your passion for the job and your professional background. Include your long-term career goals in this section and demonstrate your commitment to providing nursing services. Your summary objective should show the employer that you’re thinking about your career development and enhancing the company’s productivity.
Recommended Reading: What Is A Good Typing Speed For Resume
Cna Resume Objective Examples
The more specific and detailed that a resume objective is, the more likely the resume will meet the standards of the application systems and show;employers that your skill set aligns with the position you are applying for.
Examples of well-written CNA resume objectives that you can use as a guide:
- Dedicated and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant with proven communication, analytical and time-management skills gained during clinical training in a fast-paced, urgent care clinic and through spearheading a fundraising campaign that raised $5,000. Seeking a position as a nursing assistant to gain experience with geriatric patients and help the Memorial Hospital raise their patient satisfaction scores.
- Experienced and reliable CNA with proven patient care and documentation skills seeking a position in neonatal care. Trained to work in a variety of hospital and clinical settings and able to work independently as well as part of a residential healthcare team.
- Compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant with an extensive background in maternity care looking to provide my knowledge and commitment to patient satisfaction at Jones Hospital.;
- Professional and dedicated CNA looking for a position as a nursing assistant at the doctors office of Murphy and Associates to apply my years of experience assisting patients with dementia.
- Seeking a CNA position at Leone Memorial Hospital where I can maximize my seven years of first aid, emergency room and trauma experience.
Set Up Your Certified Nursing Assistant Cover Letter Format
Before every medical procedure, there are always steps that need to be taken.
This is no different.
Once you have the Nursing Managers attention, you dont want them to get discouraged or annoyed before they get to the end.
Make it easy for them.
- How long should a cover letter be? No more than one page.
Once you have the operating area set, its time to give them a taste of your medicine. There are different things you can include in your cover letter, but for a CNA cover letter, you gotta have these for sure:
Don’t Miss: How Far Back Do You Go On A Resume