Nike Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Athlete Under Nikeresume Examples & Samples
- Utilize customer service skills, basic sales techniques, and product knowledge to connect customers with the right product and drive sales
- Build the bond between consumer and brand by providing superior service and adapting brand stories to the retail setting
- Maintain knowledge of various store departments and be available to operate cash register for regular transactions, perform shipping and receiving duties, stock the floor, perform cleaning duties, and build visual displays when necessary
- Serve as a product knowledge resource for consumers and entry level associates. Seek educational opportunities to develop advanced level or specialized knowledge about selling, Nike products and culture, sales and service techniques
- Assist Leads, Senior Associates, and Managers in training entry level associates
- Assist with loss prevention efforts by providing proactive customer service
- Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, climb a ladder and stand for extended periods of time
- One or more years of customer service and/or retail experience preferred
- Picking of product from multiple locations to prepare for shipment
- Locate to Pack and Hold
- Pull Tasks and Pack and Hold
- AS400/PKMS or any WMS knowledge
- Lotus Notes preferred
How To Get Your Contact Information Right
Get your contact information wrong, and you can kiss goodbye to that warehouse job!
Even a well-crafted resume cant escape the negative consequences of an incorrect phone number.
The contact section should include:
- Title – Keep this professional and specific to the job youre applying for, which in this case is Warehouse Worker.
- Phone Number – Check this multiple times to ensure no mistakes are made.
- Email Address – Use a professional email address .
- Location – Applying for a job abroad? Mention your location.
- Tom Walker, Warehouse Wizard. 101-358-6095. email@example.com
Add Other Sections To Your Effective Resume
A general warehouse worker resume sample consists of the basic sections, such as contact info, summary or objective, experience, education, and skills. However, a truly great resume sample for warehouse worker that wins a job also contains a few additional sections.
Additional sections can help you reach several goals at once:
What to include? Here are a few ideas of what extras to add to your resume examples for warehouse worker:
- Hobbies and interests
All these sections will help you show more of who you are. And thatâs great since all recruiting firms are looking to hire humans, not robots. The main goal is to include all that makes you look like a better employee compared to other candidates.
If you want to empower your resume, add a professional cover letter! With the help of a professional cover letter writing service, you can easily double the interviews. Getting a job is hard, but with a creative approach you can win the competition with no hassle.
Also Check: 2 Page Resume Template
Warehouse Ideal Job Qualifications
If you plan to work in a warehouse you should possess the following qualifications for the job:
- Great organizational skills. A Warehouse workers day is structured because deliveries from suppliers are set in advance. When receiving goods, there is a lot of paperwork to receive and process. From Receiving and Inspection Reports, Sales Invoices and Delivery Receipts, a Warehouse worker should always have the presence of mind to know which documents should be signed and who should receive the duplicate copies. These have to be filed and sent to Accounting for filing.
- Ability to handle heavy machinery. Related to organizational skills is the ability to handle heavy machinery such as a Fork Lift. A Warehouse worker is also tasked to organize the items delivered in the facility. The items have to be arranged in accordance with the production date, estimated date of delivery and should be found easily. These items are of industrial quantity and quality. A Warehouse worker must be licensed in handling heavy machinery because damaging these items will be very costly.
- Physically and medically fit. As a Warehouse worker there is plenty of physical labour required. You will be lifting heavy objects moving them around, climbing crates, crawling under compartments and squeezing in some tight spaces especially when conducting inventory work.
Match Your Cover Letter With Your Resume
So, by now you should have the best possible resume.
AKA – a resume that correctly displays your experiences, skills, and education.
Most importantly, you should have a resume that stands out.
But is this enough to beat the rival warehouse workers?
If you dont want to leave it to chance, you should include a convincing cover letter.
You see, including a cover letter shows that you want to work at this warehouse, and youre not just sending a generic resume to every warehouse in a 20-mile radius.
Furthermore, a cover letter is also another opportunity to display your achievements and experiences.
For a well-crafted cover letter, simply follow the steps below:
And heres a breakdown of each section:
You May Like: Free Resume Creator Online
Key Takeaways For A Warehouse Worker Resume
And if you want the perfect tool to save yourself time and land a warehouse job right away, use our tried-and-true resume builder with a field-tested template!
What If You Dont Have Work Experience
Maybe youve recently finished education, but have never worked in a warehouse?
Maybe youve worked in physically-demanding jobs, but not as a warehouse worker?
Whatever your situation, dont worry!
Just because youve never worked in a warehouse, doesnt mean you lack the relevant skills and experiences to be a warehouse worker!
For example, if youve worked as a store assistant, you can talk about any skills that crossover. Just like a warehouse worker, you would be required to unload boxes, work flexible hours, and have a high attention to detail.
Also Check: How To Build A Professional Resume
How To Write Your Resume With Examples
This easy-to-follow guide will teach you to write each section of your resume in great detail. You’ll learn how to format each section for your type of resume and unique needs and reference examples to help you visualize the result. Let’s start!
1. Craft a compelling opening statement.
Your resume’s opening statement should convey why you’re the ideal candidate for the job by listing your top skills and accomplishments. This section can follow two different approaches you can choose depending on your career situation.
A career objective approach displays what the candidate aims to achieve from the job. It benefits warehouse workers applying for an entry-level position, switching careers or returning to the workforce after a long break.
A summary statement approach is tailored to the employer’s needs, meaning you need to choose skills, accomplishments and other qualifications that directly respond to what the role requires.
A warehouse worker should use a career objective to open their resume as it doesn’t require the candidate to have prior experience, just sufficient knowledge of the work to be done.
Suppose you are an entry-level job seeker looking to make some cash as a warehouse worker. Use the following examples to note the differences between a good and a poor career objective.
The candidate from the example above doesn’t share any relevant skills that would help the candidate complete the tasks of a warehouse worker.
Warehouse Worker Resume Samples
The Warehouse Worker will perform a variety of tasks including receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, packing and shipping orders, managing and organizing stock and retrieving stock in the warehouse. A professional Warehouse Worker Resume gives a list of the following core duties and tasks assisting in shipping and receiving loads, unloading and checking merchandise, preparing orders by processing requests sorting and placing materials, opening bales and crates maintaining inventory controls preparing parcels for mailing maintaining a safe and clean work area and wearing protective safety equipment during work.
The most sought-after skills for the post include the following knowledge of inventory, equipment maintenance, and data entry skills, physical abilities to lift and move heavy materials, familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods. A secondary school qualification is commonly seen on job resumes.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Picture To Indeed Resume
Warehouse Worker I Resume
Objective : 2 years of experience as a Warehouse Worker. Looking to perform my work at a safe and clean manner to make sure that the company requirements are desired.
Skills : Forklift Operator, Line Worker, Stacker, Organizational Skill, Ability to Lift Up To 200lbs, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Powerpoint.
- Received and counted stock items, and record data manually or using the computer.
- Packed and unpacked items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verified inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Cleaned and maintained supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations moved levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload transport, or stack material.
- Inspected product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Manually or mechanically loaded or unloaded materials from pallets, skids, platforms, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- I operated the company computers and programs needed to operate my shift.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Reconciled purchase orders against goods received to confirm receipt and report defective products to suppliers.
Choosing The Best Resume Format For A Warehouse Worker
For virtually all occupations, including warehouse worker, the chronological format for structuring your resume is recommended. Its especially well suited for job histories that follow a linear pattern of employee positions.
If you are new to the workforce, or your background is quite varied and includes self-employed roles, take a look at alternative resume formats. In some instances, a functional resume lends itself to having transferable work skills from occupations that arent directly related,
Don’t Miss: How To Say You Train Someone On A Resume
Prepare To Write Your Resume
A lot goes into writing a resume, so it is crucial to prepare for it ahead of time. Follow the preparation tips below to make the resume-writing process much smoother:
- Go through the general role requirements from online job postings and company websites. Most hiring firms put helpful information and keywords in their job descriptions. Look out for skills like scheduling, time management and forklift operations and incorporate them into your resume.
- Gather all the previous employment records and educational details that can be of relevance to your resume. Especially note the achievements and tasks you’ve accomplished before, as they can help you validate your skills in the field.
- Read up on the different applicant tracking systems recruiters use to scan the resume. These systems can detect grammatical and spelling errors in your resume and decrease your chances of getting hired. Also, avoid using overused terms like “hardworking” and “motivated.”
- Look for resume examples for your job profile. Browsing through different resume formats, structures and designs catered to your role will let you make a more informed decision. Itâll also help spark ideas for ways to customize your resume.
Always Add A Cover Letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Make A List Of Your Work Experiences
When listing your previous jobs in your work history section, you should include each role’s job title, company name, work location and employment dates. Organize these roles in reverse chronological order, from your latest position at work to your first job.
Along with the generic work details, each entry contains three to four work accomplishments describing the candidateâs value to the office and their skills on the job.
Letâs take a look at two examples of work history entries and compare their quality:
- Pack, weigh and ship more than 80 shipments per provided specifications every month.
- Use Oracle NetSuite to record and track products and access the necessary order information.
- Help with the training of forklift and pallet jack operations while adhering to the safety protocols for over 25 employees.
This example uses technical skills and numeric figures to provide a more detailed and substantial work history entry. It conveys that the candidate was an essential part of their work ecosystem.
Spruce up your work history entries by using the following tips:
How To Write An Entry
Resume summaries are great for applicants with experience to summarize, but what if you dont have much professional experience!? Dont worry youre not left out. Thats what a resume objective is for.
A resume objective is best for entry-level warehouse workers. Its a quick overview of your career goals with a few of the skills you bring to the table. Talk about why you want to become a warehouse worker in the first place.
Its always best to customize your warehouse worker resume objective to fit the job description.
Customization is always best. It shows potential employers that youre not just using the same template time and time again. Youre taking the time to things rightwhich is exactly the kind of proactive attitude you need to be a great warehouse worker. Theres no sweeping inventory issues under the rug when youre on the case!
Don’t Miss: Do You Write In First Person On A Resume
How Do You Describe Warehouse Experience On A Resume
Our warehouse has proven experience receiving, stocking, and shipping materials to increase production flow we have a track record of success. A professional who ensures that a work environment is clean and safe by carefully arranging heavy products and using heavy machines.
Make certain that the relevant sections are included in your resume. You can also look at a sample resume from Monster for warehouse associates. You can see which keywords are prioritized by the company by looking at the job ad. The qualifications that are most important are typically listed in the top slot. A warehouse associates annual salary can range from $14.15 to $16.28. Lift, move, and stage freight using a forklift, pallet mover, swing-reach truck, or picker. Monsters Salary Tool can help you find out how much money you could make in your area.
Warehouse Worker Resume Samples For 2022
The warehouse is the backbone of a company, and warehouse workers make the retail world go round.
To be a warehouse employee, you need to be physically and mentally capable of functioning in a demanding career. If you work in the warehouse, though, you’ll love the fast-paced environment, your team, the varied tasks, and the dynamic atmosphere.
But first, you have to get the job.
When applying for a warehouse role, your resume should display the right skills and experience to convince hiring managers. This single piece of paper needs to persuade them you can execute such a crucial job.
Take a look at our five updated warehouse worker resume examples for 2022. Weve compiled tips and tricks you can use to outline your resume and ultimately land the job of your dreams.
Why this resume works
- Use quantifiable metrics on your warehouse worker resume. These numbers show hiring managers the specific impact youve had in previous jobs and give them confidence in what you can do for their business.
- As a measure of efficiency, you can also provide estimates like the weight of supplies you transported, types of machinery you operated, reviews or awards you received, the number of items you managed per day , and how many co-workers with whom you collaborated.
Also Check: Resume Examples For Highschool Graduate
Warehouse Shipping Resume Templates
- Assure supply of material to agreed schedule to Manufacturing
- Receipt of raw material / Intermediates/ Components to agreed schedule
- Shipment of materials to planned schedule – Finished Product, Samples, Miscellaneous
- Demonstrate excellence in electronic systems – Standard Work, QTS, MES, LIMS, PDocs
- Demonstrate excellence in operational processes
- OJTs & SOPs for new staff
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the SC team & department
Warehouse Worker Resume Templates
- Removes product from conveyor according to order specifications
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request by management
- Replenishes the pick line and all of the locations
- Must be able to keep up with a faced paced environment and a moderate-speed conveyor line
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Proficiency with numbers and strong basic math skills
- Two years experience using an RF scan gun required
- Forklift Certified
- Fulfills salon and store orders
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis
- Use basic material handling/cutting tools
- Count merchandise accurately
- Work scheduled shift which is Monday through Friday 7:00am- 3:30pm with mandatory overtime required at certain peak business times. Some holiday shifts may be required as the business dictates
- Understand and follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Stand/walk on a concrete floor all day
- Climb ladder and/or step stool on a regular basis
- Complete daily assignments, meet deadlines with accuracy, and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Work scheduled shift which is Monday through Friday 3:15pm- 11:45pm with mandatory overtime required at certain peak business times. Some holiday shifts may be required as the business dictates
Also Check: How To Include Gpa In Resume