Amazon Delivery Driver Job Description Example/sample/template
Amazon delivery drivers perform the responsibilities:
- Transporting and delivering goods and/or items to clients or business in a safe, timely manner
- Examining and/or reviewing orders before and after delivery to make sure that orders are complete, charges are right, and clients are satisfied
- Helping with the loading and unloading of materials from the delivery vehicle
- Building and maintaining a healthy relationship with clients by answering any questions they may have and handling their complaints
- Accepting payments upon delivery
Delivery Driver Skills And Traits For A Resume
There are many skills and traits you could list on your resume for a delivery driver position. Here are a few to choose from to get you started:
Familiarity with traffic laws and safety regulations
Once you meet educational requirements and have the necessary license and clean driving record, you can work to develop other soft skills such as organization, time management, and communication skills. This can be done through a variety of volunteer or paid positions or experiences.
If you have previous driver experience, be sure to list it on your resume. If you dont, you can still highlight experience and skills you may have that make you a great candidate for the position. Look at the experience you have and determine which of the above skills were learned or improved upon, and list those on your resume.
Finally Explain Work Gaps
If you have big gaps in your job history, add work experiences even if they are older than 10 to 15 years to demonstrate that you have the experience for the position. If you went back to school or spent some time earning a new license, adding that information to your Education or Certifications and licenses section can explain your work gaps. You could also use your cover letter to explain why there is a gap in your work experience.
Don’t Miss: How To Mention Soft Skills In Resume
The Layout Of A Delivery Driver Resume
Ideally, you should contain your credentials in a one-page resume, similar to the delivery driver sample resume shown above.
Choose a simple, compact design.
Avoid boxes, designs, and headings that take up excessive space. Do not use fancy designs that take attention away from your qualifications
Use standard resume fonts that are 11 to 12 points in size. Ideally, headings should use bigger fonts. However, you may use the standard text size if the bigger headings wont fit on a single page.Avoid the following to make your resume compliant with the Applicant Tracking System :
- Text boxes
- Several different colors
Be concise. Use bullet points to highlight your credentials.
Check the job post and use keywords relevant to the delivery driver position you are applying for.
Leave enough white space so your resume does not look crowded.
Should I Include References In My Delivery Driver Resume
Your resume is a professional representation of your career qualifications and skills that make you an ideal candidate. As a general rule, avoid including references in your resume unless they are specifically asked for. This is information that tends to distract hiring managers from the information you want them to see, and it can take up valuable space on the page.
If references are requested, you can include them on your resume or as a separate document. Be sure to list the name, job title, company, email address and phone number for each reference.
Read Also: How To Make An Infographic Resume Free
What To Include On Your Resume For A Delivery Driver
Typically, a delivery driver resume will list the education or formal training you have that makes you most qualified for the role.
Then, in the work experience section, youll want to include duties related to the job description, such as:
Maintained a clean driving record followed all DOT regulations, safety standards and traffic laws.
Followed different delivery driving routes and schedule times, and met delivery schedules X% of the time.
Maintained accurate delivery rates above X% for Y months.
Loaded, unloaded, prepared, inspected and operated a delivery vehicle.
Made an average of X amount of deliveries each day in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
Established and maintained positive relationships with customers.
Reviewed and verified invoices and purchase requests to ensure accuracy.
Maintained delivery logs and records.
The experience and skills you list should be relevant to the job youre applying for. Try to go beyond simply listing duties youve performed, and instead show both duties and achievements with examples or numbers to support the statements.
Understanding The Difference Between A Cv And A Resume
Start on the right foot and learn that a delivery driver resume is not the same as a delivery driver CV.
Generally speaking, a delivery driver CV comprises more details about a candidate’s experience, be it professionally or academically. On the other hand, a resume for a delivery driver has more specific information that checks the employer’s requirements.
These terms are often used correspondingly because, in one part of the world, a delivery driver CV is used for job applications mainly in the UK and Europe. Meanwhile in the US and Canada, the term “delivery driver resume” is more commonly used for job hunting.
Recommended Reading: How To Begin A Cover Letter For A Resume
Describe Your Professional Experiences On Your Delivery Driver Resume
Present your work experience in reverse chronological order, i.e., start with your current job and end with your first job.
Cite your position, the company where you worked, and the date covered for each job.
Begin your bullet points with action verbs that create impact.
Include only those duties that are relevant to the job opening.Quantify your achievements.
How Do I Write A Delivery Driver Resume With No Experience
Writing a resume with little or no experience can be difficult. A number of employers are prepared to take on delivery drivers with no experience and train them as long as they demonstrate they have what it takes to be a reliable and safe delivery driver.
Most employers require a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and a clean background check. In your objective statement you can focus on these and other transferable skills and strengths you have that will be of value in a delivery driver position.
For example if you have worked previously in a restaurant or retail business you can highlight the following applicable skills that will ensure you make a success of the delivery driver job:
- the ability to deliver top customer service
- the ability to accurately record customer information and orders and take payments
- strong communication skills
- the ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle pressure
- reliable and dependable demonstrated in successfully meeting shift requirements
There are some qualities that apply to all delivery driver jobs that you can also focus on including:
- a strong work ethic
- the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- the ability to problem solve and deal with any obstacles
- energy and enthusiasm
Also Check: How To Send Resume To Hr For Freshers
Writing A Decent Delivery Driver Cover Letter
A well-composed application letter for delivery drivers advocates that the applicant is the best candidate for the position. It serves as a medium for job seekers to present more of their professional characteristics.
Here is the must-be-included list to craft an effective delivery driver cover letter:
- Personal information consistent with the ones mentioned on the delivery driver resume
- A polite greeting addressing the hiring manager
- Motivation to apply for the job role at the specific company
- Personal statement on one’s qualification and skills
- A persuasive and respectful closing paragraph
With the above guidelines laid out, writing a delivery driver cover letter should not be a hassle anymore.
What Are Delivery Skills
Eye contact is the key to a successful delivery since it helps you to make a connection with your audience. Eye contact can seem difficult, but it is the most important element of delivery skills. Try pretending youre having a conversation with individual audience members as you deliver your presentation/lecture.
Read Also: Where To Add Resume On Linkedin
Is A Photo Required In The Delivery Driver Resume
In accordance with federal antidiscrimination laws, recruiters are not allowed to require a photo of job applicants for delivery drivers. However, you might find that there are foreign companies based in the U.S. that require photos of employees.
Use a professional-looking photo, not the offbeat profile pictures you use in your social media account.
Start With The Header Of The Delivery Driver Resume
The header of your delivery driver resume should contain your basic personal data your name, email, and mobile number.
You may add your mailing address, especially if the job opening gives preference to local applicants.
You may include your LinkedIn profile and social media accounts only when requested or relevant to the delivery driver job.
Your header should either be in the center or the topmost left portion of your delivery driver resume, so the recruiter can readily see it.
Use a professional email address stick to using your name.
Don’t Miss: Do You Sign A Resume
How To Write An Amazon Delivery Driver Resume
Heres how to write an amazon delivery driver resume of your own.
Write Compelling Bullet Points
Bullet points are the most important part of your resume because theyre the first thing recruiters and hiring managers will see. And theyre the best way to showcase your experience and qualifications.
But many job seekers make the mistake of using generic bullet points that dont really tell a story or provide any context about their experience.
Instead, you should use your bullet points to tell a story about your experience. And that story should be specific and detailed.
For example, rather than saying you delivered packages, you could say you delivered packages for Amazon Prime Now, a same-day delivery service, during peak hours, resulting in an average of 3.5 deliveries per hour.
The second bullet point is much more specific and provides more detail about what you did and the results of your work.
Identify and Include Relevant Keywords
When you apply for a job at Amazon, your resume goes through an applicant tracking system . This program will scan your resume for specific keywords related to the job opening. If your resume doesnt include enough of the right terms, the ATS might filter out your application.
The best way to make sure your resume makes it past the ATS is to include relevant keywords throughout all sections of your document. Here are some commonly used Amazon delivery driver keywords and phrases:
- Delivery Driving
Make Your Resume Easy to Scan
Why Is Job Experience Important On A Delivery Drivers Resume
As a delivery driver, you should pay particular attention when drafting the Experience section of your resume. Although some recruiters may require that delivery drivers have a high school diploma or GED, most of them are more interested in your experience. Information that recruiters may be looking for includes a clean driving record, the ability to drive in various weather and traffic conditions, a client-focused approach, good time management and experience taking payments. When adding your work experience, you should take care to include all the necessary information to demonstrate that you are an efficient, trustworthy and experienced driver.
Recommended Reading: What Jobs To Put On Resume
Amazon Delivery Associate Requirements Skills Knowledge Abilities For Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a delivery associate with Amazon or with other companies, here are major requirements that you may be expected to fulfill to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since an Amazon delivery associate will be required to interact with customers and team members, and also create accurate and regular inventory reports
- Good customer service skills, since an Amazon delivery associate must greet and address customers as well as help them with solutions to their various problems and/or questions
- Good computer skills, as he/she will be required to enter information into digital databases
- Strong endurance skills, since he/she must be able to work in an environment with varying temperatures. He/she must also be able to endure long hours of work
- Physical strength and stamina, as this enables a delivery associate to transport heavy packages and/or merchandise efficiently from one place to another
- Attention to detail, since an amazon delivery associate must be highly detail-oriented to accurately inspect and monitor all inventory items
- Several years of professional and/or proven work experience
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the delivery associate career. They will be able to learn all they need to know about the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the delivery associate role and so will be able to decide if thats the job they want to do.
Examples Of Professional Experiences For Delivery Driver Beginner/junior
Intern, Driver Aide
- Check accuracy and completeness of orders before departure from the cafe
Coordinate with the customer in case an item ordered is not available
Properly load orders in the delivery vehicle following food safety guidelines
Perform a vehicle maintenance check before departure
Plan the best route to get customers orders to them on time
Comply with traffic laws to protect company property and the general public
Manage customer complaints politely and effectively
Also Check: How To Describe Bilingual In Resume
Pizza Delivery Driver Resume
Why this resume works
- As a specialized delivery driver, focus your pizza delivery driver resume on your organization, management of multiple orders and routes, and exceptional customer service. The best way to accomplish these goals is through the use of metrics.
- How many orders did you deliver per day in your previous roles? What was the total sales volume? Did you handle any especially large events?
Write A Cover Letter That Goes With Your Delivery Driver Resume
A great cover letter should explain why you want the job. State briefly how the job fits into your career goal.
Without repeating what is already on your resume, add a paragraph or two describing how you fit the role. Cite your accomplishments and quantify them when possible.
End with a subtle call to action that will take you to the next step. Remember to thank the employer for their time.
You May Like: How To Put Stay At Home Mom On Resume
What Skills For A Qualified Senior
Apart from those listed in the junior delivery driver skills, they should have the following hard skills: accident response, basic vehicle preventive maintenance, emergency vehicle repair, hazard management, selling, and in-depth understanding of company policies and standard operating procedures.
Add the following to the soft skills: customer relationship management, leadership, problem-solving and decision-making, and work process analysis,
Amazon Flex Driver Job Description Example/sample/template
Amazon flex drivers performing the following responsibilities:
- Loading items and/or packages from Amazons warehouse or production environment
- Ensuring that items are delivered to the various locations of Amazon customers in a safe and timely manner
- Reviewing orders before and after they are delivered to ensure they are complete, charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied
- Scanning the QR code of all the items to be delivered before they are loaded up
- Accepting payments for delivered items when required
- Complying strictly with all transportation laws, guidelines, and/or regulations and ensuring that a safe driving record is maintained
- Strictly adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules
- Preparing reports and other documents that are related to delivery.
Also Check: How To Describe Your Current Job On A Resume
Additional Information About The Delivery Driver Resume
As of 2020, the average pay for delivery drivers is about $34,000 per year.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 5% growth in overall employment of delivery drivers from 2019 to 2029.
The rise in e-commerce transactions drives the demand for delivery services, translating into an estimated average of 163,000 job openings for delivery drivers yearly over the decade.
The opportunities for delivery drivers give you more reason to learn how to craft a professional resume that would engage hiring managers and get you a job interview.
Delivery Driver Resume Sample
Use this delivery driver resume sample to develop your own job-winning resume for the delivery driver job opportunity. We show you how to best highlight those skills and strengths that set you apart from the competition.
The convincing delivery driver resume sample objective statements can easily be customized for your own use.
You May Like: How To Make A Resume For Your First Job Examples
Then Use Numbers To Quantify The Impact Of Your Responsibilities
Use numbers to explain your duties so employers have a clear idea of your responsibilities. You can detail how many deliveries you make per shift or how far you drive. If you have information about your customer satisfaction rates from surveys, this is great data to add as it shows your dedication to customer service.
First Add All The Relevant Information
You should add the following information with each job experience entry:
- Job title. Be specific when adding job titles for the various positions you held, as it provides recruiters with a clear picture of the experience you have. For instance, you should state Food delivery driver or Small package delivery driver, as opposed to Delivery driver.
- The company you worked for and the location. You should add the full name of the company you worked for and the location. You can usually list the city and state for the location.
- Dates. You also need to add the start and end date for each position you held. Typically, you need to supply the month and year. For instance, May 2017 December 2019. The most common way to add job experience on a resume is to start with your most recent job first, then work your way back.
- Bulleted list of responsibilities and achievements. You should list all the most important responsibilities you had in the position, and should also mention notable achievements or any awards or prizes you received while you were at the company. Review the job description when adding your responsibilities. If possible, try to match your experiences and skills with those mentioned in the job posting. When possible, add numbers and statistics to give employers a clear view of your duties.
Don’t Miss: How To List Security Clearance On Resume