Accounting Specialist Resume Example
When youre applying for an accounting position, you need a very strong resume. Once youve acquired two or more years of professional experience, the only remaining challenge is to articulate it well on a resume. Notice how this resume opens with a professional summary. In doing this, it it allows hiring managers to immediately find what they want to see. In this resume sample, weve put the education section right after the profile. Although its not a mistake, you might want to consider putting it below your work history section. After all, two years into your career education becomes less relevant.
Experience For Feed Mill Accounting Clerk Resume
- Strong customer facing skills and desire to work collaboratively in a small team
- Strong Excel Accounting skills
- Strong technical skills of systems; Access Database, Microsoft Office Tools, SAP,
- Excellent data entry skills
- Being responsible for either Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or Income Audit. Depending on your skills and the need of the department
- Accounting skills to assist with month-end close
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and team skills mandatory
- Accounts Payable Clerk/Specialist
Responsibilities For Admin / Accounting Clerk Resume
- Data entry with strong 10-key skills
- Strong Excel and Google Application skills
- Strong communication skills attention to detail, problem solver and multi-tasker
- Strong 10 key/numeric data entry skills
- Strong 10 key, data entry and/or general ledger system skills
- Strong internal and external communications skills, verbal and written
- Good mathematical, organizational, and people skills
Read Also: How To Send Your Resume To Recruiter
Accounting Resume Skills To Impress Employers
A strong skills section on your resume can be your employers first introduction to your qualifications as a candidate. Typically, you should include both hard skills and soft skills since they each indicate how likely you are to fulfill the responsibilities of your role and collaborate with your coworkers. In this article, well discuss the top skills to list on an accounting resume and provide examples to help you write your own.
Accounting Manager Resume Objective
To write an effective accounting manager resume objective, start by outlining the experience you have already earned in the accounting industry. Mention what you plan to accomplish in your new position.;
- Accountant with CPA and three years of supervisory experience looking for a role where I can apply my advanced organizational skills and attention to detail while leading a goal-oriented team.
- Skilled accounting manager with five years of management experience seeking a position that welcomes my leadership and financial analysis experience while encouraging professional development and internal growth.
- Detail-oriented accountant with five years of supervisory experience seeking Accounting Manager role with Smith Financial Firm, where I aim to contribute my analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
Also Check: Where Should Skills Go On A Resume
Senior Finance & Accounting Professionalsresume Examples & Samples
- Accounting & compliance: you will assist clients in their financial digital processes and tax compliance
- Temporary assignments: depending on the clients needs, you will assist in general accounting, credit control, internaloptimization projects, etc
- Start-up and scale-upassistance:you will be an activemember of the EYnovation ecosystem, with a hands-on and entrepreneurial approach
- People responsibilities: you communicate and collaborate proactively. You supervise and coach your team members on-the-job. You escalate observations to the management
- You have a bachelors or masters degree in a financial or economic orientation. We are also hiring noneconomic bachelors and masters , who are highly motivated and eager to apply theirnon-economic degree in a financialenvironment
- You have at least 3 years of relevant finance and/or accountancy experience
- You are a born team player,critical, innovative and curious
- You are willing to follow internaland external trainings, and becoming a chartered accountant is an option
- You are tech-savvy. Experience with Exact Onlineand/or ERP is a bonus
Finance & Accounting Leader Gbs Euresume Examples & Samples
- Works closely with local Finance & Accounting contacts during month end close to ensure adequate completeness, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility and consistency to corporate policies and IFRS
- Maintain and execute adequate internal controls for protection of company assets
- Identify and recommend necessary changes in financial policies and procedures to optimize effective and efficient performance
- Deliver performance that meets or exceeds service level agreement requirements
- Work with the Accounting Team Leads to manage workload and determine staffing recommendations
- Responsible for staff training and education
- Prepare annual budget for the Finance & Accounting Team
- Review and audit accounting staff work
- Provide performance feedback to team members
- Responsible for promotion and salary decisions for all Finance & Accounting staff
- Drive process improvement activities
Recommended Reading: What To Put On Resume For Experience
Match The Job Description
Examine what traits and qualities the hiring manager is looking for in the job description. Make sure to tailor your response appropriately by matching your qualifications to the specifics of the role. If you’re applying for a senior accounting position, consider highlighting leadership experience. For entry-level or junior accounting positions, consider highlighting any technical knowledge that could help you stand out among your competition. Consider the order of the job description, this might give you an insight into the hiring manager’s priorities.
Key Takeaways: What Makes A Great Accounting Resume
- Choose a resume layout that sends the message you want and fits your experience level.
- Create a resume header that shows your accounting certifications and makes sure youâre easy to contact.
- Make sure your resume objective or summary is very specific about your accountant experience, accomplishments, and future goals.
- Your accounting experience has detailed metrics and specific examples showing the impact youâve had in your role.
- Any soft skills you list are backed up with examples.
- You list all of the technical skills and finance certifications you have which match the job description.
- Your resume has a bit of personality designed to show you have the right soft skills and will be an excellent culture fit.
Recommended Reading: What Are Good Skills For A Resume
General Ledger Accountant Ii Resume
Summary : Organized and efficient General Ledger Accountant with 15 plus years of experience, adept at quickly learning new accounting procedures and methods with advanced knowledge in the areas of Fixed Assets, general ledger reconciliation, and analysis, audit support and coordination. Proficient in Sage100 and Sage300CRE.
Skills : Account Reconciliation, Excel, Fixed Assets, MS Excel, Analytical, PeopleSoft, Great Plains, SAGE100 and SAGE300CRE
- Performed month-end general ledger close activities which include compiling and analyzing financial information for entry to the general ledger.
- Prepared monthly balance sheet reconciliation on assigned general ledger accounts, and balance discrepancies.
- Maintained general ledger accounts and prepared journal entries for accruals and variances.
- Generated and distributed account management reports on monthly basis.
- Performed accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables and reconciliations.
- Provided appropriate accounting information to customers when needed.
- Performed accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes.
- Provided support as needed for business unit directors, financial analysts, and operations as needed.
- Collaborated with other shared service groups to improve and standardize processes.
- Adhered to standard general accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
Finance & Accounting Coop Programresume Examples & Samples
- Develop an understanding of related accounting, reconciling and analyzing balance sheet and income statement accounts while managing within Corporate standards
- Provide support and manage aspects of accounting while understanding reporting timelines
- Prepare monthly reports including accounting analysis related to job functions
- General business knowledge with an interest/aptitude in accounting
- Flexibility to work as a team member and independently
- Attention to accuracy and detail is critical
You May Like: What Does An Actor’s Resume Look Like
Finance & Accounting Controllerresume Examples & Samples
- You will support the team in the follow up of the performance of the activities: Costs & Revenue Controlling, Dashboard production, comments, action plans, follow up of actions
- Moreover, you will review and complete monthly closing notes
- In order to establish German commercial balance you will help to analyze differences between IFRS and German GAAP
- You will be involved in preparing documents for Auditors
- You are going to deal with tax matters, such as income taxes, VAT, etc
- Finally, you will follow up Transfer Pricing agreements and ensure a proper documentation for tax purposes
- Successfully completed apprenticeship as banker or tax accountant and/or University degree from a Business School or University, ideally with a specialisation in Finance, Accounting and taxes
- Knowledge about Corporate Taxes, IFRS, German GAP, Controlling is required
- Good command of MS Office Package, especially Excel is essential
- Fluency in German and English is important; French would be an advantage
- Tenacity and being results oriented
- Being reliable and quality-oriented
Heres An Accounting Resume Sample & How To Use Our Resume Builder
An accountant resume has to go beyond the basic certifications employers expect. You need to demonstrate that you can have an impact in your roles and are a good culture fit. This means carefully studying the job and the company offering it before crafting a resume that fits it perfectly.
Also Check: What To Put On The Education Part Of A Resume
Accountant Cv Summary Example: Professional Perfection
Accounting is typically characterized as a technical profession, but that should not stop you from infusing some personality in your accountant resume.; In particular, the summary of your accountant resume is the place for adding human dimension. It’s also where certain stereotypes about financial professionals being dry or uncooperative by nature can be challenged.;
Think of your accountant resume summary as a story of expertise and character. In fact, this is really the only resume section where you can employ a bit of creativity because it is relatively freeform. While most other resume sections have standard formatting in bullet point lists and so on, the summary gives you some open space to work with.;
Make sure to use energetic language, action verbs and positive statements. and you want some character to shine through here. Even if not directly relevant to your accounting skills, some hints about what a great person you are to work with can go a long way.;
This is also the section where we want to start optimizing your resume for the ATS. Incorporating keywords here will better enable it to breeze through the automated screen with ease.;
Showcase A Variety Of Skills
Accounting and Finance resumes should be chock full of impressive and relevant skills. While it is undoubtedly important to showcase all of your hard skills, such as Big Data Analysis and Statistical Analysis, be sure not to forget about the soft skills that may get you hired. What soft skills are most impressive when it comes to the Accounting and Finance world? We put Leadership, Customer Service, and Communication skills at the top of our list.
Recommended Reading: What Is A Functional Resume Sample
Uki Finance & Accounting Specialistresume Examples & Samples
- Involved in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements for the UK and Ireland entities in line with filing deadlines
- Assist Regulatory reporting team with preparation and review of financial statements
- Review and analysis of the Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet
- Drafting of accounting treatment memorandums
- Liaising with auditors, answering queries and providing data as required
- Involved in the accounting for acquisitions and liquidations
- Provide accounting support to the Team Lead/Manager including responses to ad hoc requests
- Ability to multi-task and provide cross team support as required
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Assist preparation of the Tax provision calculation
- Liaising with tax advisors answering queries & providing data as required
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Analytical and computer skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, AITI
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS / US GAAP
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a practice environment
Tailor Your Resume For The Job
If you are really trying to land a job, we recommend taking the time to tailor your resume to fit specific positions. What does this mean? Go back to the job description and highlight key words and expectations associated with the position. Find ways to include them in your resume. If the job you are applying for involves a great deal of customer interaction, then be sure to include specific examples showcasing your customer service skills. If the job requires advanced knowledge of coding, include details of your experience and level of expertise when it comes to coding. Be specific! It shows your dedication as a candidate and your knowledge of the position you are applying for.
You May Like: How Much Job History On Resume
How To Use These Action Verbs
When discussing your accounting experience on your resume, youll want to lead into your achievements with strong action verbs. Choose the clearest, most concise word to express the role you played in your accomplishment. Active, specific verbs like managed or developed are always a stronger choice than vague phrases like assisted with or was responsible for.Finally, remember that finance comes with its own specialized language and vocabulary. As much as possible, pick verbs that are industry-specific to convey your expertise. For a full list of effective resume action verbs, visit Resume Action Verbs.
List Your Awards And Recognitions
You can either choose to include your awards and recognitions in the work experience section of your resume or list them in a separate section. These awards show that you can excel at your work. A few ways to list them are:
- Won the 2019 Employee of the Year at Onkar Infotech
- Awarded the top sales honour for maintaining high sales
- Named “Most Valuable Teammate 2020” by Shree Pharmacy
- Recognised for providing excellent patient care in the gynaecologist unit with about 500 deliveries yearly
You May Like: How To Write A Sponsorship Resume
Finance & Accounting Services Directorresume Examples & Samples
- Directs the implementation, oversight and continuous improvement of Finance and Accounting Services software to provide relevant, action-based platform for our clients
- Manages the internal process of providing accurate annual plans, monthly forecasts and analysis of performance by business function and office
- Responsible for the development of policies and procedures related to providing Finance and Accounting Services to clients using a Best Practices approach
- Provides value add consultation to clients, enable understanding of their particular business issues and provide services-based recommendations to help our clients succeed
- Ensures rigorous analysis has been conducted to identify client metrics and performance improvement opportunities
- Business lead for Oracle Cloud software platform implementation and execution
- Supports Finance and Accounting Services Sales proposals to potential clients and SUPERVALU leaders
- Establishes continuous improvement training for the department and monitor training activities to full leverage software platform
- Responsible for all personnel actions within the area of responsibility to include: hiring, terminations, layoff, promotion and salary increases, reviews and evaluations, and prepare performance reports
General Ledger Accountant Resume Samples
A General ledger accountant undertakes all accounting functions and reports on the financial results to the Accounting Department heads. The most common job duties that are exhibited in the General Ledger Accountant Resume are maintaining general ledger and preparing journal entries, generating and distributing account management reports, performing accounting analysis of Accounts receivables and payables, cash accruals, reconciliations and foreign exchange, providing accurate accounting information to customers, analyzing and performing Forex operations, supporting in internal and external audits, assisting in tax preparation and tax filing, reconciling general ledger and revenue accounts, reviewing financial reports and preparing cash flow statements.
Those seeking to make a career as a General Ledger accountant should demonstrate some of the following skills in their resume knowledge of accounting principles and policies, In-depth knowledge of accounting software packages and excellent quantitative skills. Eligible Resumes for this position make a display of a degree in Finance, Accounting or the related.
Also Check: What Happens If You Lie On Your Resume
Include A Cover Letter With Your Resume
Want to separate your application from the competition?
Craft a compelling cover letter!
This personal piece of content shows the company that you want to work for them, which is in direct contrast to other applicants that send dozens of generic resumes.
Heres how to structure a winning cover letter:
You should complete the following sections:
Include Your Relevant Non
Job hunting can feel like an uphill task when you dont have work experience. How are you supposed to write an entire one-page resume with no experience?
Fortunately, many recruiters are looking for more than just formal work experience. Other things you can put on your resume to help you land work include relevant skills, life experiences , and your educational background. A combination of these elements can help you demonstrate how youre still an excellent fit for the job.
While these experiences and skills arent tied to your work experience , they still help you demonstrate what you have to offer a company if hired. Some professional abilities you may have honed in your life include:
- Managing or directing
Read Also: How To Add Internship To Resume
How To Make A Resume With No Experience
Writing a resume for your first job or simply applying somewhere with no experience can be a scary prospect. You may have no idea how to start your resume, the best way to list your job skills, or even which resume format to choose.
Additionally, work experience is often considered the meat of a resume, and you likely dont have much at this point.
But we all have to start somewhere, and employers know it. This post provides guidelines for making your resume effective even if you have no experience.
Responsibilities For Chief Accounting Clerk Resume
- Able to multi-task and good organisation skills
- Effective communication skills both internally and externally
- Prioritize and effectively coordinate multiple tasks with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effectively operate general office equipment, PCs and type at least 45 words per minute
- Strong data management/analytical skills with the ability to produce ad hoc reports upon request
Recommended Reading: Where To Put Relevant Coursework On A Resume