Format Your Real Estate Agent Resume
First things first: choose the chronological resume format for your real estate agent resume.
Its the most popular among recruiters worldwide and while other resume formats exist, theyre not nearly as well-known as this one.
Once youve picked the format, start working on the resume layout, which includes:
- Resume length. The industry standard for resume length is one page. Make sure that yours stays within that limit. Only if youre a seasoned professional with 20+ years of experience under your belt, then, in some cases, you can opt for 2+ pages.
- Section headers. Identify your resumes sections by using headers to separate them.
- Font size and style. Its best to use 11-12 point size when it comes to standard text and 13-14 points for section headers. Its also important to go for a professional-looking font style, such as Times New Roman, and not something TOO casual, like Papyrus.
- Resume margins. You should set margins to your resume so that its easier to follow.
The best option is to save your resume as a PDF file, as it keeps the formatting intact no matter what OS or device opens the document. Only use Word if the company youre applying for explicitly asks for it.
Write A Powerful Real Estate Agent Resume Summary Or Objective
A resume summary is a 2-3 sentence paragraph that comes right after your contact information section and sums up the highlights of your career – preferably, in a way that will leave recruiters wanting to read more.
The best way to do that is by including:
- Your role and years of experience
- 1-2 of your key achievements in the field
- Your most relevant real estate agent skills
Heres what an example of what an attention-grabbing real estate agent resume summary looks like:
- Communicative realtor with 5+ years of experience in property management. Recently became an Accredited Buyers Representative, with a record of 10 closed transactions where I was the client’s sole representative. An active member of the National Association of Realtors and the Estate Buyers Agent Council.
Now, in case you took your licensing exam only recently and your real estate agent license is still fresh in your wallet, or if youre jumping from another field to real estate, then a resume objective is more suitable for you.
Instead of describing your professional achievements, a resume objective is a 2-3 sentence paragraph that explains how you intend to use your skills and strengths to meet your career goals.
Heres an example of a resume objective straight out of the resume of a salesman whos making a career change:
Learn all the essentials of writing a powerful resume profile and win hiring managers attention right from the start with our guide.
Real Estate Senior Accountantresume Examples & Samples
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of monthly reporting to clients, including accrual basis financial statements, variance explanations, and other supplemental information as required. Prepares and provides management with supporting documentation for management statements
- Reviews and understands lease abstracts
- Prepares monthly financial reporting package
- Prepares or reviews Bank Reconciliation report
- Oversees accounting and analysis of Client portfolio
- Manage the recording of new and amendments to existing tenant leases
- Responsible for month end close of all cash management, payroll wage and tax expenses, benefit allocations, and accrual accounting
- Performs analysis of balance sheet accounts
- May assist in quarterly review and yearend audit
- Perform analysis and create ad hoc reports as requested by management
- Works with Group Financial Manager and Property Managers in the preparation of the reforecast for the client
Don’t Miss: Where Can You Print Your Resume
What Does A Good Bio Look Like In Real Estate
Now that you know a little more about the nature of real estate agent bios, its time to get a little bit more specific. In this section, well be talking about what a good real estate bio looks like. First, well discuss the technical details that determine whether or not your bio is up to snuff, then well provide you with some examples demonstrating in visual terms what a good bio looks like in real estate. Lets get started!
Earn A Real Estate License
The next step in getting hired as a real estate agent involves earning a license. Many real estate associations offer licensing programs, where they provide you with information about the fundamentals of real estate, selling techniques and state regulations. Each state issues a licensing exam for aspiring real estate agents, which you may take after completing your real estate course. You don’t need any experience in the real estate field to earn a license.
After completing the exam, apply to your state to receive your license. The fee for real estate licenses varies depending on your state. Some real estate agencies have programs that reimburse a new real estate agent’s tuition if that agent agrees to work for their company.
Real Estate Performance Analyticsresume Examples & Samples
- Participate with team to implement improvements to efficiency, accuracy, controls, and customer service levels in relation to team processes, projects or other process enhancements
- Improve and automate processes, including continued enhancements to management reporting and analytics
- Manage, build and interpret the results of quantitative models that analyze the performance of commercial real estate portfolios
- Assist in the development of the technology required to maintain the models in BlackRocks proprietary analytic environment
- Assist in the preparation of performance data submissions requested by external benchmarking, indices and consulting organizations
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Bachelors or equivalent degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or other related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of YARDI/MRI and/or SQL a plus
Resume Layout And Design
Now you know how to write the content of your sales assistant resume, but its time to consider the layout and design, too. This is an important step not to overlook. The appearance of your resume can tell the hiring manager just as much about you as what you actually write. In fact, its one of the first impressions of you theyll have!
You cant go wrong with a simple and clear layout that reflects the organized support you would bring to the role. Aim for something where each of the sections are laid out neatly and are easy to read. If you need some help, consider our field-tested resume templatesto close the deal on otherwise tedious resume formatting.
Read Also: Should You Put Your Address On A Resume
The Structure Of A Real Estate Agents Resume
The structure or format of your resume must be easy to read to catch the recruiters attention. Remember these tips:
- Put your contact information in the header along with the title of your resume
- Write a resume cover letter summarizing your profile, purpose and motivation
- Add your professional experience
- Insert the diplomas obtained and the training courses followed
- Name your soft and hard skills and specify the computer tools you master
- Mention all the languages you speak
- If you have one or more certifications, add a dedicated section
- Highlight your interests if you dont yet have experience as a real estate agent
Real Estate Resume Sections
Knowing what should go in your real estate resume and knowing how to organize them is the key ingredient to writing an impeccable real estate resume.
So here’s a list of the sections that your perfect realtor resume should have:
- Additional Information
Hiration’s 2020 Guide to sections in a resume is an in-depth guide on resume sections. Read this to learn how to perfect each real estate resume sections.
While you’re at it, use Hirations Online Resume Builder to write an impeccable realtor job. It comes with a pre-filled and pre-designed real estate resume template that you can personalize to complement your specific qualifications and work history.
You May Like: How To Make Resume 1 Page
Outsourcing Your Real Estate Agent Bio
As we mentioned previously, writing a bio as a real estate agent is no simple task. It takes time, it takes careful planning and it takes a lot of repeated rewriting. If you do it in a way thats hasty or careless, youll likely be doing yourself a disservice if you take too long to write it, you might never get it done. For real estate agents on a busy schedule, this might seem like quite the predicament luckily, theres a solution.
In cases such as these, you might want to outsource the authorship of your bio to a content writer or real estate marketing firm. There are plenty of excellent options on the market, but the most important thing is choosing one that has the tools and information necessary to give your bio the added edge that such a text must have in order to be effective. Even if you do everything right, youre more likely to get the best possible results if you choose a firm such as RealEstateAgent.com.
When you contract the services of a company like this, youll be gaining access to a team of marketing experts with the tools to really give your bio that added edge. These marketing experts will optimize your bio for search engines, tailor it until its the perfect length, make sure that all of your qualifications are adequately emphasized and more. If youre looking for a bio that really shines, this is how to get it!
Choose A Scannable Resume Layout
Most people naturally scan a resume before actually reading the details, so starting with a clean, organized layout is key. Think of your resume like any other : the goal is to answer Whats in it for me? or Why should I hire this agent? Whether youre showing your resume to a potential broker or client, they should be able to understand how they will benefit from working with you almost immediately.
Make your resume scannable by making use of the following elements and styles:
- Bullet points
- Spaces between lines or sections
- Use bold, italics, and underlines to highlight sections or headings
- Large font for titles and headings
- Graphic elements to separate sections
- Bold colors to draw attention to items youd like to showcase
Free real estate resume templates from Canva
Free real estate resume templates from Canva
Free real estate resume templates from Canva
Free real estate resume templates from Canva
By using a graphic design tool like Canva, you can take advantage of this strategy without having to create two or three different real estate agent resumes from scratch. You can start by using one of Canvas premade templates, then simply edit the information. Its completely free to start using Canva, and it has hundreds of thousands of real estate-specific templates.
Don’t Miss: What Kind Of Skills Do You Put On A Resume
Shadow A Real Estate Agent
Consider shadowing a real estate agent to better understand their tasks and duties, which may help grow your experience and skills while also building your network. You may reach out to real estate agencies to inquire about their shadow programs or to see if you can work alongside an agent at their company. Some employers may have an interest in hiring individuals who shadow an agent at their company who show promising skills and real estate knowledge.
Related:How To Job Shadow
Manager Of Real Estateresume Examples & Samples
- Capitalizes on everyday on-the-job opportunities to coach Associates to use their strengths to perform at their best
- Encourages and recognizes Associates commitment to self-development
- Takes an active interest in building authentic relationships to engage Associates
- Maintains an open and trusting team environment
- Communicates clear consistent goals for the team
- Conducts and supervises real estate tax audits
- Negotiates settlements of audit disputes and tax appeals
- Develops occupancy cost quality control procedures
- Oversees preparation and review of monthly forecasts
- Partners with Real Estate department to provide research and tax estimates
- Experience in real estate tax accounting
Recommended Reading: How To Make Resume Searchable On Indeed
Real Estate & Leasing Dirresume Examples & Samples
- Identifies potential new sites and manages decision making process around site selection. Includes development of pro-forma and other documentation needed for VFC approval
- Maintains on-going communication and relationship with landlords and tenants. Reviews and amends as needed, Estoppel documents, and Subordination Non-Disturbance and Adornment agreements from landlords
- Communicates with finance, marketing and retail operations regarding new leases and/or changes to existing leases
- Develops healthy relationships with external developers as well as relationships with tenants and tenant offices for VFO owned real estate. 6. Prepares and maintains VFO leasing database and other reporting for all leases and VFO owned property
- Tracks critical dates to ensure lease options are renegotiated and/or renewed on a timely basis
Real Estateresume Examples & Samples
- Maintain a strong awareness and understanding of the market and the competition and each staff members performance to all goal and targets
- Have a clear, formal, written plan to attack account segments
- Assist the sales team in developing comprehensive, individual account plans that achieve a high level of individual account penetration
- Develop and set aggressive yet realistic goals/targets with a thorough understanding of goal setting processes and each sales executives accounts, including prospects and potential
- Provide an appropriate mix of direction and strategy to sales staff based on the type of account and specific experience of the sales executive
- Coach and drive consultative selling behaviors resulting in marketing campaigns appropriate to client needs and that produce results
- Consistently evaluate client opportunities and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc
- Lead by example and display a “here to win” attitude creating a positive work environment
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team that are inspirational, motivational and practical in moving the business forward
Don’t Miss: How To Write Negotiation Skills In Resume
Asia Pacific Real Estate Researchresume Examples & Samples
- Analyze real estate market trends by tracking and interpreting data on economics, demographics, real estate space markets and capital markets
- Help formulate strategies based on real estate market analysis and forecasts
- Support real estate investment underwriting by providing market analysis
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in real estate research or related role
- Bachelors degree required and Graduate degree preferred with degree in Economics, Finance, Real Estate or related field
- Knowledge of key real estate data sources including fundamental data and index return data
- Strong quantitative computer skills including spreadsheets and databases
Manager Of Finance Real Estateresume Examples & Samples
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Marketing Finance a must
- Advanced PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel , Word and PowerPoint required
- Working knowledge of Access a plus
- 3 to five years experience
- Knowledge of People Soft A/P & G/L is desirable
- Strong negotiation skills preferred
Also Check: How To Type Up A Resume
Be Brief And Use Bullets
This is a resume, not your life story, so do your best to keep your real estate agent resume to one page. Most readers will focus on your last two or three positions anyhow. The jobs you had many years ago just arenât that relevant.
An exception can be made for those with particularly lengthy careers, particularly if you are trying to impress employers or clients with the depth of your experience. Just remember, anything that falls on the second page of your real estate agent resume may well be missed by readers, so put the vital information up front .
Free Eguide: 17 Essential Tips For Real Estate Negotiation
Strong negotiation skills are essential to success as a real estate salesperson. Knowing all of the factors that affect how you negotiate can create additional value for your buyers and sellers, and also lead to a bigger commission payday for you. Polish your skills with this 17-tip guide to successful real estate negotiation.
You May Like: Is My Perfect Resume Legit
Prioritize Achievements On Your Work Experience Section
If youre a seasoned professional with plenty of work experience under your belt, then the work experience section is definitely the most important part of your resume.
It serves to prove the achievements and skills in your resume summary are not just what recruiters want to read, but the result of your actual experience.
First, its important to get the formatting right. Heres how to do that:
- Begin with your current/most recent position and go backward in time from there.
- For each entry, list your professional title first, followed by the companys name, the dates you workedthere, and 3-5 of your accomplishments and responsibilities in bullet points.
- List fewer accomplishments and responsibilities the further back you go in time and keep your work entries relevant .
To really convince recruiters youve got what it takes to land the job, though, you need more than just a well-formatted section.
Specifically, you need to present your professional experience in such a way that highlights your skills and capabilities. The best way to do this is to prioritize achievements over responsibilities under each work entry – if youve got them, that is.
Heres how to make your achievements really stand out:
Heres a concrete example of a job entry in a real estate agents work experience section:
How To Write A Good Bio As A Real Estate Agent
When it comes to writing a good bio as a real estate agent, there are a number of things to keep in mind. Writing an effective bio will require mastery of a diverse and well-rounded skill set, but dont worry with a bit of work, you can master the necessary skills easily. So, what should you remember when writing your real estate agent bio and what skills will you need to do it effectively? Lets find out.
First of all, youll need to strive to be as grammatically correct as possible, while also using impeccable spelling and grammar. This might not sound too difficult, but writing a bio that is both grammatically correct and spelled correctly is a lot harder than many people think. If youre going to pull it off, youre going to need to use the utmost care and precision. Take your time and dont rush it you will want to do this right.
Next, be sure to be as concise and descriptive as possible. As we discussed in our article on how to write a killer bio in the real estate business, the trick here is to be as concise as possible while still sharing as much relevant information as you can. You dont want to tell your whole life story, just the parts of it that are likely to make people consider you a good option to sell their home or help them buy real estate.
Don’t Miss: Is It Okay If My Resume Is 2 Pages