Dont Have Any Experience In Food Service Management
Use aresume objective statement when you have little to no experience in restaurant management jobs.
Unlike the summary, the objective replaces your previous experience with a statement about your career plans and goals. Numbers are important here, as well.
Heres how to write a restaurant general manager resume objective statement:
Restaurant Manager Restaurant R Evolutionresume Examples & Samples
- Supervise day-to-day activities of one or more food and/or beverage outlets. Plan and organize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. Conduct training for all current and new associates
- Work closely with General Manager in all aspects of day to day activities
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet
- Ensure that all restaurant equipment is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
Restaurant Manager Skills In The Workplace
The following list will show you how to implement your skills to the restaurant business.
Focus on improving workplace relationships. Continuously make an effort to evaluate your workplace relationships, how well you are communicating your needs to your staff and how often they voice their needs to you.
Schedule monthly brainstorming meetings. To instill creativity and get feedback on business operations, hold monthly staff meetings where your staff can provide creative ideas to improve the restaurant or give them the opportunity to address any dysfunctional components that should be changed to aid the restaurant’s success.
Research industry trends. Stay up-to-date with the restaurant industry and its trends, read articles and see what can be applicable to your current business model to help the restaurant evolve with the times. This can not only help you gain more knowledge on industry practices but it can also help your business better adapt to changes in the industry.
Also Check: How To Improve Resume For Freshers
Restaurant Manager Resume Statements
- Over 20 years of experience in the management of restaurants, retail stores and large business departments.
- Proven ability to increase employee productivity and quickly resolve problems before they escalate.
- Prepare department budgets, track expenses and provide monthly financial reports to executive team.
- Oversee preparation of food, menus and beverages with full authority over inventory and ordering.
- Adhere to regulations of health department and ensure compliance with alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Responsible for the design and creative look of the restaurant interior and exterior.
- Recruit, train, schedule and monitor large groups of over 50 employees including job reviews and appraisals.
- Ensure employees adhere to policies, procedures and regulations and provide discipline when necessary.
- Coordinate with management teams to develop strategic plans to increase production, productivity and customer service.
What Are The Duties And Responsibilities Of A Restaurant Manager
While restaurant manager duties and responsibilities may vary from company to company, these are some of the most common tasks a restaurant manager is expected to accomplish:
- Hire, train, and manage employees
- Oversee continuous supply of ingredients, raw materials, and equipment
- Monitor kitchen operations
Recommended Reading: Can My Resume Be 2 Pages
Pair Your Restaurant Manager Resume With Additional Sections
To really create a tempting dessert, add the frosting, the sprinkles, and the filling.
On a resume, these are extra sections. They help you stand out from the crowd of applicants by showing youre a well-rounded restaurant management candidate.
Here are some restaurant manager resume samples of additional sections to include:
- Spanish : Professional Working Proficiency
- Sinhalese: Intermediate Proficiency
- Amharic: Basic Conversational Proficiency
Expert Hint: No resume is complete without a restaurant manager cover letter. More than 80% of employers say its necessary, so you should submit a cover letter for restaurant manager jobs along with your job application.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? Theres 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Include Personal Information In Your Restaurant Manager Resume
Personal information of the candidate appears first on the resume.
Most people make the mistake of listing all kinds of details under this section. They go about writing their entire address from street lane to floor number. They list their spouse’s name, passport availability, and so on.
Though there is no hard and fast rule for this, however, it is advisable to keep this field as limited as possible.
You do not have to mention your entire address, but just the city and country codes are sufficient. Also, avoid mentioning labels such as Contact Details, Address, or Email.
The information you include under this section is:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- City Code and Country Code
It does not take up much space and appears professional on your resume for a restaurant manager.
Here is a restaurant manager resume sample for personal information section:
You May Like: Should You Add References To A Resume
What Should A Restaurant Manager Put On A Resume
The typical restaurant manager resume contains five sections the heading, the professional summary, your work experience, relevant skills, and lastly, your education and training.
Be sure to focus your resume on your experience as a restaurant manager, as this is what most management looks at when looking at your manager resume.
Start With A Restaurant Manager Resume Objective Or Summary
At any fine dining establishment, you wouldnt offer a guest their entree immediately. Youd suggest an appetizer, perhaps a soup or salad, to start them off.
On a resume, this opening statement can make or break your chances for an interview.
Known as an objective or summary, its purpose is to quickly pitch the restaurant owner as to why youre the best candidate for the role.
What are the differences between a summary and objective?
Use the resume summary statement when you have a large stock pots worth of foodservice leadership experience.
The career summary outlines your restaurant manager experience with your background, skills, and other key points. A numbered accomplishment proves your expertise to really have them hungry to learn more about you.
Heres how to write a restaurant general manager resume summary:
You May Like: How To List Your Linkedin Profile On Your Resume
Food And Beverage Manager
A food manager supervises food operations in a restaurant along with training and administering the kitchen staff. They manage order supplies and facilitate customer satisfaction.
If you want to become a food manager, you should have all the mentioned skills and qualifications. Some employers may also prefer a hospitality management degree or certification from a culinary school.
In case you do not have a degree, do not fret. Make a professional resume using the guidelines mentioned in the guide, and there is a promising chance to get an interview line-up.
Mention Your Knowledge Of Restaurant Laws And Regulations
Restaurants in the US are governed by many rules and regulations. As a restaurant manager, its your responsibility to have extensive knowledge of how to enforce these regulations.
For example, your state may require that all staff be certified with TIPS Alcohol Training to serve alcohol. Because a restaurant can lose its ability to operate or incur heavy fines if regulations are not properly followed, employers want to know that youll follow their exact policies.
So if youre familiar with regulations regarding labor, food safety, and serving alcohol, state this knowledge on your resume. And if this is new information to you, dont worry its not too late to spend some time studying before your interview.
Try listing your knowledge of rules and regulations in the additional skills section of your restaurant manager resume, like in this example:
Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association, the American Food Safety Institute, and United States Labor Law
Also Check: Cook Job Description For Resume
Highlight Your Leadership Abilities On Your Restaurant Manager Resume
As a restaurant manager, youre responsible for the general management and operation of the establishment. Youll have a long list of people to manage such as kitchen staff, chefs, servers, bartenders, and hosts or hostesses. The success of the restaurant depends on your ability to manage a diverse group of individuals in different roles.
So take this opportunity to state impressive employee retention rates, training programs youve implemented, successful recruitment initiatives, and other relevant accomplishments.
Heres an example from our restaurant manager resume that shows strong leadership abilities:
Hired, trained, and coached 50+ staff members on customer service skills, food and beverage knowledge, and COVID-19 safety standards in preparation for the July 2021 restaurant grand opening
If you dont have a lengthy history of working in formal management roles, include instances in which you naturally displayed leadership in any capacity. For example, include your volunteer experiences if you were a youth leader with children, or your internship experiences if you completed tasks with minimal supervision.
Assistant Chinese Restaurant Managerresume Examples & Samples
- The incumbent in the position is responsible for assisting the Chinese Restaurant Manager in managing the day to day operations of Chinese restaurant in order to meet business requirements and clients satisfaction whilst ensuring adherence to service standards and operating procedures
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the restaurant activities to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the clients’ expectations
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports, maintaining a logbook and other specific duties related to the job function
Also Check: How Long Do Recruiters Look At Resumes
Safehouse Chicago Restaurant Managerresume Examples & Samples
- Assists Manager in the direction and supervision of food servers, bus persons, host, bartenders, and other staff in reference to schedules, service standards, training, motivation, and safety
- Assists in ensuring that restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates. Checks that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspects and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Follows up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis
- Monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Ensures that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that restaurants are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, and condiments in order to provide service
- Participates in marketing efforts of restaurant, creates menu ideas, surveys competition and reports food trends, and assists in preparation of specials. Interacts with customers to determine needs, satisfaction, and resolve conflicts
- Implementing and supporting hotel policies and procedures
- Excellent mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other financial statements
- High school diploma required. College education preferred
Gerente De Cocina Restaurant Managerresume Examples & Samples
- Majority of the time spent using independent judgment in making employment-related and business decisions, or effectively recommend such decisions including but not limited to product and department related strategies, hiring, promoting, disciplining, suspending, discharging, rewarding or otherwise engage in resolving Partner-related matters
- Oversees the department including providing a safe work environment, training, developing and performance appraisals customer service ordering, display rotation, controlling shrink, product quality, sanitation, inventory control, work scheduling receiving, pricing, stocking, and signing of merchandise and financial results
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
- Develop and lead a retail sales team to provide customer service at the highest level in all areas
- Effectively promote services/products to maximize sales
- Orders product to maintain inventory
- Monitors department budget and payroll including product, labor, and expenses
- Builds relationships with customers and builds customer service through Partners
- Executes merchandising programs
Don’t Miss: What A Resume Should Look Like In 2020
What Is A Restaurant Manager Resume
A restaurant manager is the face of a restaurant. They run and maintain operations in the restaurant, from entry-level chores such as taking reservations to high-end tasks like marketing.
They take care of all aspects of managing, be it interior decoration, customer service, sanitation, or kitchen handling. By being reliable leads, they have the ability to motivate people and manage restaurant operations.
Through their passion for the food industry, they maintain the success of restaurants.
How To Write Restaurant Manager Resume Skills
As a restaurant manager you should be customer oriented.
You should have skills to communicate well with the management and manage the wards under you.
Successful restaurant managers can monitor the everyday business, check and re-stock the inventory and attend to the housekeeping needs.
Restaurant managers should be masters at strategies and understanding what their competitors are doing.
You should be adept at coming up with innovative services that give the restaurant an edge over others.
Combination of skills is required to blossom in the role of a restaurant manager.
Some of these skills are mentioned below:
- Skilled in managing the hospitality & culinary aspects
- Ability to monitor and control the front and back of house operations
- Cost controlling and setting budgets
- Developing five star menu
- Skilled in team building, supervision and training
- Good at managing inventory and vendors
- Controlling quality, sanitation and security features
- Excellent in guest services
- Setting strategies for marketing and sales campaigns
- Managing payroll
- Developing strategies to increase profit
- Designing kitchens within restaurant settings
- Experience of working with best wine coolers in wine cellar
These are some general skills that you may use.
Though, it is advisable to customize the skills as per the job descriptions.
Give details about your prior experiences in the hospitality industry.
Mention the key tasks you have performed there.
Don’t Miss: How To Add A Temp Job To Your Resume
Sample Restaurant Manager Resume
Restaurant Manager of a full-service, quality restaurant.
Restaurant Manager in a high-volume operation with strong growth potential.
An energetic and polished professional with X years experience managing a fast-paced, high volume restaurant. Skills and strengths include:
- proven ability to efficiently co-ordinate work activities to meet multiple, challenging demands
- superior organizational and follow up skills with keen attention to detail
- history of hiring, developing and motivating first-rate staff
- outstanding team leadership and customer service skills
- proven track record of integrity and accountability at managerial level
Solid working knowledge of :
- restaurant management procedures and techniques
- budgeting practices and principles
- expense and revenue monitoring and management
- state and local regulations and standards affecting the food and beverage industry
- computer software to manage data and maintain complete business records
Mamma Mia Restaurant, New York, NY
General Restaurant Manager V Resume
Summary : 22+ years of extensive experience as a Restaurant Manager. Looking to obtain a position with a company that will utilize my management and excellent customer service skills.
Skills : Micros Programming, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Menu Engineering, Trainer, Cost Accounting, Quality Assurance, Financial Analysis, Financial Management, Financial Reporting, and Process Improvement.
- Demonstrating and reinforcing leadership behaviors and basic people minimums necessary to gain commitment from crew and leadership.
- Enforcing, and educating crew on all appropriate personnel policies, labor laws, security and safety procedures.
- Developing and training shift managers completes performance appraisals based on goals and objectives for employees.
- Maintaining critical standards for raw and finished product quality, service speed, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Executing plans to improve guests experiences and increase their loyalty.
- Overseeing local store marketing plans to maximize sales potential within the community.
- Ensuring all security procedures are executed controls assigned p & l line items, food components, labor, waste, and cash.
- Providing quality customer service to internal as well as external customers.
- Encouraging and motivating staff to maintain high levels of morale and performance.
- Overseeing of restaurant operations, ordering of supplies for the initial start-up of the business.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Resume Better
Requirements Skills Knowledge Abilities For Restaurant Manager Role
Here are the skills, knowledge, and abilities you need to develop to succeed as a manager of a restaurant, which employers also set as requirements for applicants to meet before they are considered for the role of restaurant manager:
- Education: Bachelors degree in Food Technology, Management, Marketing, or in other related field. High School Diploma
- Years of working experience in restaurant management or related field is added advantage
- Ability to manage people effectively
- Ability to plan ahead
- Ability to act as a team member
- Ability to multitask on various projects without burning out
- Ability to maintain composure even when working under pressure
- Ability to resolve conflicts among members of staff, and between staff and clients
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use the computer, as well as familiarity with relevant Microsoft Office packages.
Add Key Skills To Your Restaurant Manager Resume
A competent restaurant manager has a plethora of skills. The same reflects in their resume.
You can divide the skill section in the restaurant manager resume into two parts: soft skills and technical skills.
An adept restaurant manager has skills like communication, customer service, public relations, automation, leadership, and budgeting.
Refer to the restaurant manager resume for a key skills section:
They are proficient at leveraging restaurant industry tools such as Zomato Base and Square POS System.
You can mention all these tools under the technical skills section.
Most recruiters run a keyword search for the candidates abled at using these tools. It is your chance to get noticed during an automated search.
Make sure that you are honest and list the technical skills you possess. Mentioning more than you know gives out a negative impression during the interview.
Refer to the restaurant manager sample for technical skills sections:
Also read: How can you make the most of your skills?
You May Like: Which Resumé Tends To Be Used To Cover Employment Gaps