Example For An Administration Cv:
- Reduced overdue payments by 15% by establishing a new database to facilitate payment tracking
- Successfully trained 2 new Administrators, enabling them to contribute to the team at an early stage
- Developed a new filing system, which was commended by staff from several teams and was adopted as company best practice
Examples Of Personal Achievements In Resumes
- Wrote an article on X that was linked to by Y.
- Gave a TED talk on X.
- Gave a webcast that was downloaded X times.
- Interviewed by X podcast.
- Amassed a LinkedIn following of X.
- Created a Facebook contest that got X and Y likes.
- Built a community of X professionals.
- Received X certification.
- Completed X class/course with score of Y.
- Founded X club, company, or group with X members.
- Grew membership in X club by X%.
Can I Get A Job With A Certificate
A certificate alone will not get you a job. Youll need to demonstrate at least some practical grasp of the matter at hand.
Are online courses such as those Google, Microsoft, Udemy, and Coursera have, worth it?
There are entry-level jobs that actually say having them is a plus. There are also jobs that help you get certified. Those courses are a great way to get into a field and see whats all about. So adding them to your resume will not harm your application. As long as its not a shady low-rated course platform.
Also Check: Is A 2 Page Resume Ok
Accomplishment Examples For Resumes
Take a look at how to use achievements and accomplishments for seasoned job seekers. For applicants with experience, recruiters want to see measurable results. Now that you know where to place those, lets see how that translates into some examples.The below could go under a specific employer as part of your work history. That looks as follows:
- Maintained a customer satisfaction rating of 95% for the past two years, which led to a promotion.
- In 2019, averaged 35% for bringing in new accounts, beating the department average of 15%.
If you cannot quantify, you still have ways to demonstrate skills rather than just listing job duties. Samples include:
- Designed a new training program from scratch.
- Trained 25 staff members on a new CRM system.
Now, examine why those examples work:
- The first one shows the applicant had no help. This speaking to skills and the ability to perform the job.
- In the second example, the applicant quantified the number of people trained. However, in the second one, when taking a closer look, the candidate could take it a step further.
The more-quantified version becomes:Trained 25 staff members on a new CRM system, which resulted in the most well-received training program in the companys history follow-up surveys averaged a 98% satisfaction rate.A professional achievement or accomplishment applies to volunteer work too. Consider including volunteer work when a job is:
- Community based
Additionally, include volunteer positions when:
Business & Hr Achievement Examples
- Participated in community affairs to increase branch visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Provided a superior level of customer relations, promoted the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
- Planned, organized and executed hiring events partnering with 12 local community organizations facilitated and delivered presentations showcasing Novorésumé career opportunities.
- Managed data integrity within the applicant tracking system, ensuring timely entry and visibility of recruitment activity within ATS/CRM technologies.
- Utilized Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager and implemented new scripts that increased performance by 25%.
- Converted data into actionable insights by predicting and modeling future outcomes, that increased revenue by 10% last year.
- Managed to reduce customer churn by 15% using collected data to perform a forecast analysis of when customers would churn.
For more examples, check out our guide to the data analyst resume.
Business Development Manager
- Managed 3 software projects end-to-end. Defined growth strategy, hired software and marketing team, and set goals and expectations.
- Established new key partnerships with Company X and Company Y, resulting in a 20% increase in annual revenue.
- Started a partnership program, kick-started work with 4 implementation partners in Europe.
For more examples, check out our guide to the business development resume.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Cum Laude On Resume
How To List A Cali Award In The Education Section
The education section should be formatted as usual: listing the school name, the dates of education, and the degree. For new graduates, an honors subsection may be added in this section, which will include the CALI Award.
List the CALI Award as its own bullet point and specify which class it was awarded for.
It is not necessary to include the date of this award, but you should if you are listing dates for other achievements in this section.
You want to remain consistent with listing dates in any section. If you choose to include dates for educational honors, list only the year beside the CALI Award.
When formatted correctly, this will look like the following:
Harfield School of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® for International Law
- Deans List
The CALI website itself recommends this formatting, including the use of the registered trademark symbol. You can read more about their recommendations here in their FAQ.
You Were On The Deans List Consistently
Include Deans list on your resume if you made the list regularly. Making the Deans list for many semesters throughout your college career demonstrates a strong, consistent work ethic, as well as academic ability.
If, on the other hand, you only made the list a couple of times, you shouldnt include it on your resume.
While making Deans list is an achievement, including it when you only made the list once or twice makes you appear inconsistent.
Don’t Miss: Putting Classes On Resume
How To List A Cali Award In The Awards Section
When listing a CALI Award in the awards section, include the name of the class for which it was awarded, and the date.
You may include the phrase highest grade in the class if you believe the employer may not understand the meaning of the award. List your awards in reverse chronological order.
Make sure that when including a CALI Award in the awards section, the award in question is relevant to the job which you are seeking.
In order to separate a CALI Award from the education section, it must be able to stand strong as its own achievement.
If the class it was awarded for matches the job exactly, then it is relevant and therefore belongs.
However, in the case of a CALI Award for international law when applying to a domestic criminal law firm, it doesnt make you seem any more fit for the job.
When properly formatted in the awards section, a CALI Award will look like the following:
Featuring Honors Awards And Accomplishments On Your Resume
Accomplishments, no matter how stellar, will do little to enhance your chances of getting into school or getting a job, unless they are properly showcased in your student resume or entry-level resume. If you bury them within your daily duties or general academic information, they may not be seen. Remember, admissions directors and hiring managers have many resumes to review. If its hard for them to find important information on your resume, they may pass on your candidacy.
You should emphasize your academic, work, or volunteer recognitions by creating a specific honors, awards, and accomplishments section of your resume. Make sure to provide the following details when including your accomplishments:
- Date of recognition or award
- Purpose of award and accomplishment it recognizes
- Significance of award
- Scope of the award
As you can see, there are a variety of ways to market and display your academic and career accomplishments.
Need help getting started on your college search? Search by location, major, admission difficulty, and more with Petersons College Search.
Recommended Reading: Is It Ok For A Resume To Be 2 Pages
Accounting Resume Certificate Examples:
It is important to mention any certifications the job offer specifically asks for or mentions.
Even if they are only considered as a plus. This way you get the bonus points right away.
Here are top certifications to include on an accounting resume
Which Type Of Achievement Should You Include On Your Cv
The exact achievements and awards you include on your CV will vary depending on your role and your seniority. Entry-level applicants may focus on their academic awards, whereas those who are further along their career paths should emphasise professional achievements. Personal successes and volunteering can also be included on your CV.
Also Check: Where To Put Linkedin Url On Resume
Should I Include High School Achievements On My Resume
When deciding on listing high school accomplishments on your resume, a good rule to follow is the one discussed in our education blog. When you have enough work experience or graduated from college, no longer list high school or any type of awards associated with it.
For those still in high school or college or who have recently graduated and lack skills and experience include them. It shows a prospective hiring manager you garnered high school awards to back up skills.
Academic Achievement Examples
Certain industries place more of an emphasis on academic endeavors. Good examples include the legal profession and academia.Those seeking attorney positions may want to consider two subheaders for each degree to include honors and activities. This format is helpful for entry-level attorneys, those that recently graduated law school or students pursuing JDs with pending graduation dates.Consider the following examples:Yale Law School, JD, Dec. 2019Yale Law School, JD Candidate Jan. 20202Yale University, BA in Political Science, May 2016Now, take that a couple of steps further to include honors related to academic achievements.Under each school, list activities and honors beyond items related to GPA. See how using subheaders work under each degree:Yale Law School JD Dec. 2019ActivitiesYale Daily News, Editor in ChiefYale Women In Business
Honors and Awards Resume Examples
Tips For Writing About Your Honors And Awards
- You should always include, the name of the award, the year earned, and the institution where it was earned.
- Ideally, you should also write a brief description about the qualifications needed to receive each award . The employer may not be familiar with the award or the organization, so briefly explain them by including the significance of the accomplishment.
- Focus on the elements of the award or honor which are directly relevant to the job position you are applying for. Do not add unnecessary information if it is not applicable to the job or field at hand.
- In the case that you are writing about your awards and honors earned while fulfilling a specific job role , consider using a special bullet sign symbol, such as a star, or bolded text to highlight the difference between this achievement and your other responsibilities.
- Similarly, if you are incorporating any scholarships, awards, or honors earned during your educational experience section, it is best to use bullet points to put a special emphasis on these recognitions as well as facilitate readability.
- Dont include high school honors on your CV. No matter whether you recently graduated from college or are an experienced professional, it is always recommended to discard information from high school. It will seem like youre desperate to fill up CV space that you cant adequately occupy with more recent accomplishments.
You May Like: Things To Put On A Teenage Resume
How To Write An Awards Section For Your Resume
You can either include your awards in other parts of your resume or put them in a dedicated section.
Scholarships can be included under the education summary. Awards for something you did as part of your job can be included under the employment history.
But if you were awarded for doing something outside of the usual scope of your work, display it proudly in your awards section:
Always include the date of recognition. Let an employer know you still have the skills that earned you the prize.
Explain the significance of each award. For example: * Were you the only one who received it? What did you have to do to accomplish it?
Scope of the award. Was it a regional award? National? Or even international? Be specific.
How To Track Your Achievements
If you track your achievements on a regular basis, your future self will thank you. You never know what opportunity could be around the corner, so rather than throwing together a last-minute list , it’s better to maintain an ongoing record. That way, you’ll be prepared to apply and avoid the small things that could stop you from getting a promotion, and instead be able to find a new role or negotiate your salary at a performance review.
Tracking your achievements need not be difficult in fact, it can be as simple as recording your details in a work diary. The more creative or technically proficient among you may prefer to build an online portfolio.
We also recommend keeping a record on a master copy of your CV. It doesn’t need to be perfect or pretty, as long as the key information is on there including dates. Then, when you’re ready to take your next step, you’ll simply need to copy the relevant details onto your tailored CV. LinkedIn serves equally well, with the advantage of having your successes immediately visible to your network. You may even find that your newly updated profile leads to job offers before you’ve even started applying!
Don’t Miss: Excel Skills Job Description
Include Award Title Recognition Level Date And Purpose
When putting each award or accomplishment on your resume, always include the official title of the award, the level of recognition and the date of recognition. Also include the purpose of the award and what accomplishments it specifically recognizes.
For example:“Awarded the 2018 National High School Musical Theatre Award for Best Performance by an Actress”.
List Of Sample Professional Awards Achievements And Accomplishments To Put On A Resume
- Received X professional award.
- Shortlisted for X professional award.
- Employee of the month X times because of Y skill/achievement.
- Commended by management for X.
- Part of a team that received X award.
- Completed/created X projects/products per month/year.
- Slashed costs by X%.
- Improved quality measures by X%.
- Cut delivery times by X%.
- Raised revenue by X%.
- Received X% positive customer survey results.
- Trained X employees in Y.
- Improved efficiency of X system by Y%.
- Raised customer satisfaction scores by X%.
- Singled out by management to handle X important project.
- Assigned a peer mentoring role by manager because of X skill.
- Promoted only X months after hiring.
- Maintained costs X% under budget for Y years.
- Didnt miss a day of work for X years.
- Led or participated in a team that accomplished X.
- Consistently met deadlines.
- Beat company/department average of X metric by Y.
- Completed X task Y% faster than company average.
- Cut X waste by Y%.
- Saved X hours per year by initiating Y project.
- Increased staff retention by X%.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Ged On Resume
Awards To Put On A Resume
How to show achievements on resumes that make the boss take notice. What achievements, honors and awards to put on resumes, with examples and expert tips.
Seeing achievements on a resume is what recruiters crave
Most resumes say responsible for.
Thomas Andrews was responsible for designing the Titanic.
Accomplishments and achievements on a resume are light-years better.
They show you handled responsibilities well.
This guide will show you:
- Accomplishments on resumes and how to show them.
- 50 great examples of achievements for resumes.
- How to list awards on resumes.
- The best honors and awards resume examples.
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: Wow! I love your resume.PatrickI love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!Dylan My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!George
Achievements & Accomplishments On Your Resume
Now, lets start with the Why?
Why are achievements and accomplishments so important?
Well, compare these 2 entries:
- Hit and exceeded department KPIs by 20% for 5 months in a row.
- Increased the number of sales.
See the difference?
The first shows how, exactly, you stand out from the rest. You managed to hit KPIs AND exceed them for 5 months in a row .
The second example, on the other hand, doesnt say anything at all. Its pretty obvious that you did sales – you do, after all, work in sales.
Huge difference, right?
Now, lets move on to the next topic:
You May Like: Can My Resume Be Two Pages
How To List Honors On Your Resume
Your resume should give hiring managers an overview of your education and experience. Including your educational honors can be a great way to demonstrate your high achievements. Make sure you appropriately include your academic honors on your resume for hiring managers to notice them.
In this article, we will tell you when to list honors on your resume, how to do it and provide an example.
Related:27 Proofreading Tips That Will Improve Your Resume
What Is An Honors And Activities Section
This section of the résumé highlights the relevant activities you have been involved with and the honors you have received that you could discuss with your prospective employer. You also want to communicate how these activities and honors might make you an asset to the organization.
An honors and activities section might include the following.
- Academic awards and scholarships
- Date of award or dates of involvement in an activity
- Firstar Outstanding Student Scholarship 2007
- Copy Editor, Purdue University’s student newspaper August 2005-December 2006
- Coach, local middle school soccer team August 2004-December 2005
- Vice President, Golden Key National Honor Society August 2003-May 2004
Read Also: How To Put Conference Presentations On Resume