Curricula Vitae Rule Education
The course of life definition serves to inform a curriculum vitae, especially with regard to academic accomplishments. CVs are most often required of people who seek:
- Admission to a graduate program
- A teaching or research position in a post-secondary school
- A fellowship
- A grant or scholarship
- A high-level research position in academia or industry
Those in academia may corner the market on CVs, but those in other fields use them, too. A CV may be requested of people who seek a position as a:
- Teaching experience
The Conference Occurs But You Cannot Attend Or Present
If the conference proceeds but your session was canceled or you were not able to attend and were the sole author and presenter, indicate that the specific session was canceled in the bracketed description after the title of the session. Placing that notification in the title element of the reference clarifies that the specific sessionbut not the entire conferencewas canceled.
Akamine, A. H. . Immunopathology lab work . 24th World Congress of Dermatology, Milan, Italy.
- Parenthetical citation:
- Narrative citation: Akamine
If the conference proceeds, and your session was held despite your absence, create the reference as usual, including your name as originally planned. For example, if you worked with coauthors on a session and they presented the work on your behalf, create a standard reference that uses for the bracketed text .
How To Create An Apa Style Reference For A Canceled Conference Presentation
To help slow the spread of the coronavirus , officials have canceled many public events, including conferences and conventions. This has raised a question for researchers who were planning to present.
Question: How should the APA Style reference for an accepted presentation appear on my CV when the conference has been canceled?
Answer: Include the presentation in your CV, as your work was peer reviewed and accepted, but consider which of the following cases is most applicable.
Note that in the examples shown in this post, the text in brackets varies by the type of contribution, as described in Section 10.5 of the Publication Manual . Options for bracketed text include Conference session, Paper presentation, Keynote address, and so forth. Use the labeling that matches what a user would see in the program or website for the conference.
Also Check: How To Send Your Resume To Recruiter
Presentation Team Managerresume Examples & Samples
- Work closely with VP Sales Support and contribute to the team strategy setting process, aligning team strategy to overall business strategy
- Contribute to the establishment of team priorities and lead execution of key team initiatives
- Elevate team best practices and standards to add value, efficiency and consistency toward the internal process and client experience. Proactively identify and execute upon opportunities to create operational enhancements
- Optimize team workflow, providing guidance to team to effectively manage competing priorities and execute on deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Enhance workflow metrics to measure success of team and processes
- Support internal relationship building between support team and internal stakeholders through solicitation of feedback and collaboration in order to build more effective partnerships and synergies
- Focus on talent and development to achieve business results and create an exceptional stakeholder, partner, and client experience
- Establish and maintain robust training resources concurrent with evolving business needs and process changes
- Support employees with training and personal development initiatives to build skills essential to their current roles and future career objectives
Presentation Associateresume Examples & Samples
- Verify that all of the goods that are picked for a job are the correct style, color, and quantity
- Prepper should be able to identify machine group codes and use a decision tree to determine how the goods should be prepared and where they should be delivered
- Inform the shift lead of any issues with the current order to help fix before delivering to the final location
- Remove goods from boxes and place in buggies by size. Cut up and boxes that are left over
- Occasionally help the material handler with matching up orders with screens
- Help complete BTS- back to stock when waiting for more work
- Must be able to fill out logs and information sheets accurately
- Should be attention to detail oriented in order to catch pick mistakes
- Be able to operate a Riding Palate Jack
- Should be able to work a RF Scanner
- Must have solid attendance
Don’t Miss: How To Put Community Service On Resume
Tips For Including Presentations On A Resume
Consider these additional tips when you write a resume with presentations:
- List your presentations only if they are relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Leave out conferences or events that you attended if you did not speak at them.
- Include any accolades or awards you received for your presentations to highlight your recognition.
- If you partnered with a co-speaker, use a modifier next to the presentation title such as ‘co-speaker’ to signify your involvement in the presentation.
- Provide some details about your presentations in your resume summary so employers see evidence of your expertise right away.
Graphic Designer And Presentation Specialist
Demonstrated professional-level expertise in design and production using Adobe Creative Suite software
- Designed ad concepts, trade show themes, storyboards, print mechanicals, web design and presentation
- Executed new designs from concept to completion in fast-paced, collaborative environments.
- Conceptualized and created strategic marketing and communication solutions that promoted company
- Knowledge of printing processes and materials, and knowledge of corporate design practices, logo usage, and corporate identity standards.
- Managed projects such as new business pitches, financial reviews and content creation for for C-level executives at firms including State Street Corporation, Red Advertising, Mullen Advertising, Hill, Holliday, Arnold, Fidelity
Also Check: Good Wpm For Resume
North America Retail Brand Presentation Specialist
Lead the in-store consumer and associate experience for the Women’s wholesale division developing in-store marketing, associate training tools, driving window creative, in-store signage, 3D materials and associate training events. Create the seasonal in-store marketing journey for wholesale accounts including initiatives and 365 marketing
Product Presentation Manager Russiaresume Examples & Samples
- Minimum Five years of retail Regional/District visual merchandising and display experience in a multi store capacity managing high profile, high volume stores
- Proven experience executing and adapting seasonal visual merchandising presentation guidelines/directives
- Possess strong communication skills with experience presenting in formal and informal settings
- Ability to interact, collaborate and influence with both internal and external Business Partners as well as effectively communicate vision and influence execution of strategies
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and ability to interface with a team and manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to travel extensively
Read Also: Including Coursework In Resume
Senior Merchandise Presentation Specialist
- Won 2014 Merchandising Leadership Expectations Award for Results Leadership
- Manage execution of 4 major transitions per year while reacting to sales and driving company initiatives such as transition expense optimization, appropriate market segmentation, store format updates and testing
- Identified opportunity and created job journal template for all Merchandise Presentation Division Specialists to improve knowledge retention and promote knowledge sharing while reducing completion time by 50%
- Solicited by Organizational Effectiveness to participate in a Training Blitz to rewrite the MPD Specialist New-In-Role Training program to be more relevant and set up new Specialists for success
R& d Documentation & Presentation Internresume Examples & Samples
- Assist in supporting communication and community video project efforts
- Support projects that require video or audio expertise
- Good visual eye and strong communication skills is a must
- The ideal candidate should be willing to learn and expand beyond their comfort zone of work and knowledge
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Film, Television, Digital Media, Video Design, or related field
Read Also: How To List Languages On Resume
The Guide To Resume Tailoring
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the presentation job. Its actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Aim For Clarity And Concision
If you’re picturing these sections as individual groupings of information just as they would be separated on a resume you’ve got exactly the right idea. Furthermore, you don’t need to attend a CV conference to learn about that one end-all, be-all CV format because there isn’t one. As Missouri State University points out, The information should be easy to access, accurate, clear and concise.”
Speaking engagements should be listed in descending chronological order, with the most recent appearance going first. Indeed recommends a streamlined format that includes:
- The date of the speaking engagement
- The name of the speech or presentation
- The substance of the presentation
- The venue
If you’re feeling industrious, you may also wish to include a brief comment from an attendee. But you should be consistent if you provide a testimonial from one engagement, you should provide one for all of them.
Don’t Miss: Is My Perfect Resume Legit
Presentation Analystresume Examples & Samples
- Provide support to the Business Architecture and Market Infrastructure group in preparing presentations to provide updates to stakeholders and management across all levels of the organisation
- Collaborate seamlessly with the team to produce high quality and effective presentations and deliverables on time in a fast paced environment
- Prepare presentation material in line with CIB Business Architecture & Transformation formatting standards and branding guidelines
- Plan and design presentation material including summary of information, presentation of quantitative data and presentation of strategic recommendations, working with the core team to develop and understand content and presentation objectives, and communicate the story through powerful visuals
- Create templates and scalable materials to maximize efficiencies
- Offer design ideas and create new concepts for high-impact presentations
- Expertise in collation of high-impact communications or presentation material – strong editing skills, detail-oriented, digitally savvy, creative-thinker
- Proficient MS PowerPoint and Visio skills are essential
- Speed in execution to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a professional demeanour
- Ability to absorb, understand and decipher information effectively and efficiently
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and prioritise effectively
- Good MS Excel, Access and Project skills are desirable
Presentation Managerresume Examples & Samples
- Lead the presentation team in daily deployment of strategic and operationally sound schedules working with Ad Sales, external ad agencies, LOC and external transmission companies
- Be the point person on all operational concerns and make major contributions to all operational projects on behalf of CEE & Emerging Markets
- Manage, mentor, and develop CEE & Emerging Markets Presentation team
- To oversee and manage all key process and teams relating to presentation scheduling for Disney Channel CEE & Emerging Markets MPX portfolio
- Disney Channel 1: Emerging Markets
- Disney Channel 2: Romania and Bulgaria
- Disney Channel 3: Czech, Hungary, Slovakia
- Disney Channel 4: Poland
- Disney Channel 5: Turkey
- Disney XD 1: Poland
- Disney XD 2: South Africa, Turkey, ME & Serbia
- Disney XD 3: Greece
- Disney Junior DJr: Poland, Turkey, Greece, ME, Romania, South Africa
Recommended Reading: Coursework Resume
Resume Examples & Samples
- A Bachelors Degree in business or a related field
- 3 years of industry experience in Retail, Product Presentation or equivalent combinations. 2 years of directly relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience in product merchandising management, including the development of retail product merchandising strategies, training and fixture placement, and functionality
- Excellent mall-based retailer or department stores experience a plus
Presentation Specialist Resume Examples
Presentation Specialists collaborate with sales and marketing teams and assist them in their product and service promotion efforts. Typical example resumes for Presentation Specialists describe duties like creating PowerPoint presentations, doing the actual presentation, emphasizing a product’s features, and supporting business offerings. Based on our collection of sample resumes, critical qualifications for this role are Microsoft Office proficiency, attention to details, excellent writing skills, great aesthetics, and communication abilities. A degree in advertising, marketing or graphics is required to work as a Presentation Specialist.
Find out what is the best resume for you in our Ultimate Resume Format Guide.
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Don’t Miss: How To Name A Resume File
Presentation Specialist Desktop Publishing/ Graphic Design
Manage and prioritize queued job requests with accuracy and adherence to tight demanding deadlines
- Create, edit and develop communications media for capital markets including pitch books and MPs
- Manage and prioritize queued job requests with accuracy and adherence to tight demanding deadlines
- Create, edit and develop communications media for capital markets including pitch books and MPs
- Refreshed design of corporate newsletter
- Collaborated on new project concept development and implementation
- Design and develop concept design for merger
- Presentation design for new business pitch
- Developed designed and implemented service model surrounding training on AV technology protocol
- Presented and promoted global TelePresence initiative and instructional training
- Facilitated BaxNet
- Developed and designed communications and presentation media surrounding a blind drug study submission
- Presentation design, staging and production coordination for the Kingery and Dan Ryan reconstruction projects
- Presentation design, print production coordination, for annual investors meeting
- Develop creative communication concepts supporting the needs of the business unit
How Do You Include A Poster In An Academic Resume
I’m a chemistry major and I’ve done a few poster presentations and an oral presentation. I have to put together an academic resume for a class. I was told to include mt presentations.
First off, are these things worthwhile to include or is it like putting in that participation ribbon you earned in gym class in 5th grade?
If it’s worthwhile to list these things, how do I do so? Do I separate the oral presentation from the posters? Do I include the name of the conference it was presented at?
- 1Are you in a field , where a poster presentation are accepted to a conference based on the submission of a peer reviewed paper detailing the completed work?Mar 21 ’16 at 4:18
In academia, one lists things related to accomplishments and dissemination of research in the CV. This typically includes things like papers or preprints, software, as well as presentations one gives. In particular, your list of presentations gives one piece of information into how active you are in your research community. So yes, assuming your poster presentations are academic/research related, it’s appropriate to put them in your CV, though in-class presentations are typically not included.
- From Cervantes to Swift, 33rd AEIOU Conference, University of Lillipilut, Mildendo, Lilliput, April 1, 1726.
You May Like: Beginner Acting Resume
How To Give Credit For Conference Presentations On Cv
I’m an undergraduate writing my CV.
I’ve given two presentations at undergraduate conferences on my research projects. I independently prepared my presentations but my lab mates/supervisor helped with the research. I want to list these presentations on my CV.
So my question is:
How do I properly credit the contributions of others for these conference presentations?
Should I just state the title of the talk and the conference name? Should I include the names of all the people that helped with the research? Since we didn’t publish any papers, how do I determine what order the names should go in? Would it okay to list them alphabetically?
Note: these aren’t peer-reviewed conference papers or anything. Any undergraduate student can submit an abstract and give a talk.
All official and known conferences will need the authors to present their accepted work in oral or poster manner, and will publish the proceedings of the conference. I am not sure what you mean by undergraduate conference. But a presentation, where no paper has been presented to the research community, is not a big shot to be declared in CV, at least because there is no clear evidence for such accomplishment.
Note: Conventions differ between fields. Mine is mathematics/TCS.
Conference contributions are listed on my CV in two places:
Extended abstracts in refereed proceedings are listed as a subsection under publications, complete with all coauthors.
Business Unit Manager Presentation Technologiesresume Examples & Samples
- Supervise day to day operation of the captive Presentation Technologies Center ensuring that the quality of work produced is of a high standard and that adequate staff are available to meet the service demands
- Issue management of issues raised against both teams is investigated and resolved satisfactorily in a timely fashion
- Ensure regular checks or sign off of GARS review and access rights, application licensing approvals, business recovery planning, audit and security compliance, queue access permissions, building and restricted access approval
- Primary responsibility of overseeing the recruitment process
- Manage the development of all staff with the assistance of Shift Leads creating opportunities for team development
- Relationship management with key stakeholders of the service
- Collaborate with Global IBD PresTech management in coordination of service pilots and roll-outs, managing user lists, internal handling processes, setting staff roles / expectations and training process, setting service level agreements
- Collate with the local PB Presentations team to share recruitment, training and workflow best practices and design resources. Work with key local facilities and HR staff in Warsaw to support the unit appropriately
- Excellent customer service, relationship and people management skills
- Flexible and prepared to work varied hours across shifts
- Higher level degree
Don’t Miss: How To Write Volunteer In Resume
Geologicaltechnician / Presentation Specialist
- Coordinated, created, assembled and edited presentations for managers and executives for use as outside investors and analysts presentations as well as use as a project archives. Gathered, organized and supervised the consistency of geological maps and technical data in an expeditious manner with a high level of accuracy and aesthetic value.
- Technical support to geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers, scouts and landmen.
- Prepared MMS plats along with research of such plats.
- Annotated Landmark and Kingdom generated structure maps, amplitude extraction maps, 3-D seismic sections, well logs , pay sections cross sections, lease maps and cores.
- Planimetered isopach maps and structure maps utilizing PlanLogic .