Highlight Achievements With The Use Of Power Verbs
When writing your earlier work experience, focus on how you help solved problems in your former company. In addition, use power words such as improved, planned, built, and gained. Power words are usually action verbs, which will give your resume the needed boost and help you get the job in a flash!
Cleaning Suppervisor Highbury Fields Schoolresume Examples & Samples
- To assist in the selection and training of suitable cleaning operatives in liaison with the facilities manager
- To report any defects on any electrical equipment to the appropriate Premises Manager immediately and place out of use
- To ensure all company documentation is kept up to date signed appropriately that is applicable to the role of the Cleaning Supervisor
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced DBS in line with the Contracts requirements
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Flexible approach to the role
- Ability to work additional hours when required to cover sickness and annual leave
- To complete and sign company documentation and submit to line manager as requested
- Provide courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, and complaints
- Follow all security, safety, energy, and emergency procedures
- Keep restrooms well stocked, clean, and sanitized
- Keep lobby areas in both office, and restaurant arranged, clean, and orderly
- Keep floors and stairways swept, mopped, and free from standing water and spills
- Know, and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies, and energy
- Understanding decimals and using arithmetic involving decimals comprehension of simple drawings, charts or diagrams
- Frequent loading and unloading of barrels, agi-lift and washing machines
- Ability to read and understand operational instructions
Ideas For Your Housekeeping Resume
When creating your resume, make a note of the ideas below. All of these skills appeal to employers who are looking to fill housekeeping roles.
Remember to be specific to the role you are applying for managerial or supervisory roles will need an emphasis on experience in those areas, while hotel housekeeping roles will benefit from employees who have worked in customerfacing roles.
If you are applying for a role that primarily deals with young children or senior citizens, then relevant experience in those sectors, plus any prior background or safety checks, should be highlighted.
- Previous housekeeping experience
Attention to detail is vital when listing your skills. A potential employer will want to know that you are going to be thorough in your approach to the job.
Recommended Reading: Sending Resume Thru Email
Related Resumes & Cover Letters
3378 Kelley Avenue, New Orleans, LA 33770
Hotel housekeeping employee with over nine years of experience in providing excellent housekeeping services in hotel settings. Seeking to bring my expertise and high performance standards into a managerial housekeeping role. Certified Executive Housekeeper.
BIG CITY HOTEL New Brunswick, PA
Hotel Housekeeping August 2008 Present
- Work on a team of 60 staff housekeepers to service 188 hotel rooms daily
- Coordinate hotel-wide laundry workflow to fulfill hotel guest laundry requests in under 2 hours
- Arrange car washes and vacuuming services in accordance with guest requests
- Assemble complimentary gift baskets and champagnes to greet news guests at their arrival
- Clean and stock rooms according to established quality standards duties include replacing used towels and linen, making beds, vacuuming room carpet, washing floors, restocking guest room and bathroom items
VALENCIA COURTYARDS Boston, MA
Hotel Housekeeping Assistant July 2004 June 2008
PACIFIC COMMUNITY COLLEGE Portland, OR
Associate Degree in Home Economics, June 2004
- Strong ability to handle work and staff pressures in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
How To Write A Housekeeping Resume With No Experience
Before you start writing, make sure you know how to write a resume in a way that best emphasizes your strengths.
A good housekeeper is efficient, able to follow instructions and possesses excellent attention to detail. While having a degree in tourism, travel, hospitality or hotel management can be useful, its not necessary to become a professional housekeeper. Many learn through on-the-job training and apprenticeships.
If you lack previous housekeeping experience, youll need to use examples from your other professional experiences or personal life to prove that you have the knowledge and skills it takes to fulfill housekeeping duties.
Follow these three writing tips to write a housekeeping resume with no experience:
You May Like: What Is A Good Typing Speed For Resume
S Cleaning / Organizing Rolesresume Examples & Samples
- Will clean and degrease all external parts of a work area as directed by supervision and or maintenance
- Will need to have strong communication skills
- Will need to work in a fast pace environment
- Will need to work with all team players in an effort to drive innovation and change
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Has previous experience working in an manufacturing setting
- Additional Training will be provided
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 0 – 2 years experience in a laboratory, laboratory support, or medical environment
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to adhere to laboratory policies and standard operating procedures
- Good cooperative and collaborative skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming, emptying dishwashers, use of heavy duty janitorial machinery
- Gathering and emptying trash and recycling
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the building grounds and parking lot by picking up debris, window washing and snow removal as needed
Cleaning The Galleriaresume Examples & Samples
- Perform various cleaning duties, such as vacuuming, sweeping, carpet shampooing, dusting, cleaning mirrors and pressure washing
- Clean, detail and re-stock paper products in restrooms, Café and E-bar areas
- Remove and dispose of waste and recycling items
- Proactively stock all needed supplies and equipment to support daily functions
- Perform light maintenance duties
- Maintain cleanliness and organization according to safety guidelines, including use of personal protective equipment
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Experience in operating cleaning equipment such as a commercial vacuum, automatic floor scrubber, carpet extractor or power washer a plus
- Ability to work a flexible retail work schedule based on department and store needs
- Basic knowledge of powered hand-tools preferred
- Basic knowledge of engine components
- Able to read/write/ speak English
- Physically strong and fit
Don’t Miss: No Prior Work Experience Resume
Get Immediate Access To Over 1000 + Premium & Free Cv Templates
All for ONLY $4 a month.
100s stunning designs that will make you STAND OUT and highlight your Skills and Expertise.
With all our Premium templates you will get the fully editable MS Word
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply enter your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have a professional CV.
Unlimited downloads Money back guarantee Cancel anytime.
Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
Its easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
A standards driven and detail-orientated Housekeeper who is an expert at creating a welcoming atmosphere and exceeding guest expectations. Karen has an outstanding can-do attitude and the desire to work as a member of a structured team that includes cleaners, room attendants, laundry staff and porters. She can be relied upon to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, and is someone who has extensive experience of vacuuming, mopping, polishing and maintaining the general up-keep of all communal areas. As a born leader she will always lead by example, and provide a level of service that is commensurate with customer expectations. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that wants to recruit skilled, professional and dedicated Housekeepers.
Responsible for assisting the room attendants and housekeeping supervisors with their roles.
How Do You Make A Cleaning Job Sound Good On A Resume
Describe the cleaning duties you had to perform to maintain the interior and exterior appearance of the building at your previous position. You could make a statement such as, Swept and mopped floors, washed walls and windows and emptied trash cans. Also describe additional duties specific to your work environment.
Also Check: How To Upload Resume To Indeed App
Cleaning Services Supervisorresume Examples & Samples
- The Cleaning Services Supervisor is a working supervisor who is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the cleaning staff within the venue. Duties may also include management functions
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Review of changes to equipment operating SOPs
- Assuring the fitness areas are show ready including routine housekeeping
- Facilitates equipment orientation classes
- Instructs members in proper exercise techniques and proper equipment usage
Housekeeping Cover Letter With No Experience
When it comes to housekeeping jobs, there are a few important traits youll want to convey on your cover letter.
- Work ethic: Theres no doubt that housekeeping is hard work. Give a hiring manager reasons to believe you can rise to the challenge and keep up a strong pace even towards the end of the day.
- Hard skills: Vacuuming, dusting and using cleaning equipment are some of the key housekeeping duties. Its worth mentioning one or two more specialized skills to stand out from other applicants.
- Positive attitude: Even though much of this job is independent work, youll still regularly interact with guests, front desk staff and other housekeepers. Great communication and customer service skills go a long way.
- Time management: Housekeepers are often given a short amount of time to turn around rooms from one guest to another. Your ability to work quickly and efficiently is one of the most valuable assets to a hotel.
Recommended Reading: Excel Skills Job Description
What To Include On A Housekeeping Resume
Here’s what you can include on a housekeeping resume:
Contact information: At the top of your resume, insert your contact information so that employers can reach you, including your name and phone number.
Objective statement: Include an objective statement that details your skills, experience and professional goals as a housekeeper.
Experience: List all prior experience you have in housekeeping positions, including the name of the company you worked for, your job title, the duration of your employment and a brief description of your cleaning duties.
Education: Some employers may require their employees to have a high school diploma or GED, so include information about your educational history.
Skills: Having excellent cleaning and organization skills is an important part of finding a housekeeping job, so include a section that outlines your housekeeping skills.
Certification: If you have certification in cleaning or housekeeping, include the title of the certification and the date you received it.
How Do You Describe Cleaning Skills On A Resume
Skills relevant to this position and found on example resumes include maintaining the facility by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors taking out trash cleaning windows and shining, disinfecting, and wiping down the facility.
Secondly, How do you describe cleaning on a resume?
Dusting, Damp Wiping, Washing and Polishing of office furniture. Vacuuming floors and carpets. Sweeping and mopping floors. Keeping reception area clean and tidy.
Also What are your top five skills? The top 5 skills employers look for include:
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Oral and written communications skills.
In fact What are your strongest skills?
The top ten skills graduate recruiters want
Read Also: How To Upload A Resume To Indeed
Work Experience In The Housekeeper Resume
Your professional experience shows your potential employer what you can do based on your previous work experiences. You can check out our resume templates that will help you structure this section in a way that captures the recruiting managers attention. Hiring managers like to spend a little more time here, so you need to make it easy for them to read and understand your previous experiences.
What Should I Put On My Resume For A Cleaning Job
What Are The Duties And Responsibilities Of A Housekeeper
- Cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting rooms
- Handling client laundry and taking special care of various linens and clothing items.
- Maintaining cleanliness in bathrooms and restocking supplies.
- Preparing rooms for occupancy by deep cleaning carpets, replacing linens, restocking supplies, and emptying trash bins.
- Reporting non-working equipment and any room damage to maintenance requesting repairs.
Check out More Templates for your Resume
Operations Director Window Cleaningresume Examples & Samples
- Ensures the safety of themselves as well as those around them
- Loading and unloading the units
- Rigging/setting up the equipment in and out
- Operating equipment as required
- Completing field level risk assessments and other related paperwork
- 2+ years high pressure water, chemical cleaning, or vacuum truck experienced required
- Hydrovac experience is an asset
- G License required, clean 5-year drivers abstract
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7 and travel as required
- Safety Tickets preferred
- Completing pre- and post- trip inspections, field level risk assessments and other related paperwork
- Previous driving experience
- DZ License required but AZ license preferred, clean 5-year drivers abstract
- Cleans equipment which may include work tables, refrigerators, meat blocks and other equipment
- Returns clean utensils, pots and pans to their proper places
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and buffs floors using heavy equipment
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by the Company
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Recommended Reading: How To Title Resume File
How Do You Describe Housekeeping On A Resume
Temporary Custodian Garage Cleaning Nightresume Examples & Samples
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to effectively communicate and understand supervisors, co-workers, and customers
- Strong ability to work well with others
- Ability to run power and non-powered equipment
- Ability to learn and follow policies and procedures to perform the job safely
- Must be able to lift and carry 70 lbs
- Plan, organize, execute and document R& D experiments for cleaning and etching projects
- Prepare technical documents and participate in technical discussion with customers and project partners
- Perform lab operation and equipment maintenance, and follow working procedures in the lab in accordance to global advanced materials standards
- Part of global development team for cleaning and etching
- Active team member of global project team for cleaning and etching projects
- Implement EHS rule based on BASF guideline
- Ability to follow instructions, read, writes and communicate task accomplishment effectively
- Ability to read, interpret and follow specifications
You May Like: Where To Put Cpr Certified On Resume
Use Hard Numbers To Quantify Your Resume
Add hard numbers in your resume objective and throughout your resume bullet points to make more of an impact on hiring managers.
Hard numbers make your resume more attractive to hiring managers because they show the scope of your resume accomplishments and provide important details about your previous experiences as a housekeeper.
Lets look at the hard numbers within these four resume bullet points:
- Trained 7 new staff members in all aspects of housekeeping, ensuring they meet hotel health and safety standards
- Replace soiled towels and linen, vacuum room carpets, and sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors using brooms, mops, and powered scrubbing and waxing machines in a 300+ room hotel
- Implemented new cleaning processes and team strategies, reducing necessary workforce hours by 15 hours per week
- Restocked soap and tissues in room bathrooms and disinfected all bathroom surfaces in a 150+ room hotel due to COVID-19 concerns
Not only are these resume bullet points detailed, theyre also proof of the skills you have to offer.
Like the applicant, mention the size of the establishment you worked in, and whether youve trained or supervised other employees or reduced costs by improving efficiency.
Adding hard numbers to your housekeeping resume makes you a stronger candidate and tells employers they can trust you to handle their cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Housekeeper Skill & Responsibilities
Whether you are just starting your housekeeping career, or are a seasoned veteran, employers are expecting you to be familiar with the following tasks. To show employers that you have the skills they are looking for, try incorporating these responsibilities into your resume:
- Sweeping, scrubbing, mopping and polishing floors
- Shampooing rugs, carpets, and upholstery
- Cleaning and polishing metal fixtures
- Making beds and changing linens
- Sorting, washing, and folding laundry
- Operating mechanical cleaning equipment
- Washing, ironing, and pressing clothes
- Checking equipment and reporting issues to the maintenance team
- Dusting decorations and fixtures
- Disposing of trash and waste in a sanitary manner
- Following all health and safety guidelines
Recommended Reading: How To Add Resume On Indeed