Skills For Patient Access Representative Overnight Resume
- Organize and prioritize multiple projects, activities and deadlines
- One year of ambulatory clinic experience or in a related field
- One year of customer service experience or in a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Windows XP, Windows 7, utilization of website search engines
- Experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area
The Guide To Resume Tailoring
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the patient access representative job. Its actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
What Is A Patient Access Representative
A patient access representative is a professional in the healthcare field who guides patients through the admissions process when being admitted to a hospital, clinic or other healthcare facility. These professionals apply a range of skills to greet incoming patients, screen and prepare patients’ medical information for clinical staff and record patients’ information during admission and upon discharge. Many patient access representatives have experience in computer applications to perform tasks that require data entry and information documentation.
Patient Access Representative Hrs Nightsresume Examples & Samples
- Greets patients/family members and obtains and/or verifies demographic, clinical, financial, and insurance information in the process of financially clearing patients for service delivery, including the entry of patient/guarantor information in the patient registration/accounting systems, collection of patient signatures on all appropriate forms and the imaging/copying of registration documents
- Utilizes inputs to authenticate and register patients for service delivery for patients who have registered through the Patient Access Center for those who are not registered, completes the end-to-end process of registration through close-out for service delivery
- Conducts insurance eligibility/benefit verification, referral/authorization, and financial education on designated accounts
- Calculates estimated patient liability, informs patient/guarantor and actively collects and/or processes patient payments
- Refers appropriate cases to financial counseling for follow-up and consultation
- Executes other duties as assigned, such as cashiering, bed management, and communications
- Enhances the patient experience throughout all patient interactions, which will be face-to-face, demonstrating knowledge of Sutters Health system and service offerings
Emergency Room Patient Access Representative
Interviewed up to 75 Emergency Room patients per day to complete documents, case histories, intake and insurance forms
- Coordinated communication between patients, family members, medical staff, and administrative staff
- Scheduled and confirmed patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, and medical consultations
- Completed insurance and other claim forms
- Compiled and recorded medical charts and reports
- Explained policies, procedures and services to patients
- Calculated and collected patient copayments
- Entered patient and insurance data into hospital computer software program
- Documented and reported observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses
- Educated patients in regard to office policies, medical procedure steps, recovery measures and medication instructions
- Explained treatment procedures, medication risks
Also Check: How To Review Resumes On Indeed
Patient Access Representativeresume Examples & Samples
- Performs registrations by completing an accurate face to face interview to obtain demographic, insurance, medical and financial information
- Cross-trained to staff all areas of Patient Access at any facility, including but not limited to, Front Desk, Admitting Office, ED and Cashier
- Maintains productivity and quality standards
- Acts as a resource for training of new team members and during the implementation of new processes
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer facing role with in person or phone contact
- An Associates degree may substitute for up to one year of the stated experience
Patient Access Representative Duties & Responsibilities 6
- Facilitates the patient admission and discharge process including collection of patient information and financial data.
- Performs clerical tasks such as answers phone calls and questions.
- Maintains files and patient information up to date.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments with patients.
- Confirms patient appointments and gives appropriate instructions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Read Also: When Is Champions League Resuming
Can I Edit Resume Examples According To My Needs
When it comes to resume writing, you control the situation completely. It is up to you to create a great resume that is well-suited to a particular position or industry.You can use this opportunity to transform your previous job experience into a sensation and catch the eye of your potential employers.If you want to pull this off easily, you can edit samples of resumes.The sole purpose of an example is to provide you with the right context required to craft a resume for a certain industry or job title.Every tip, resume format, or phrase you will find is designed to help you target industries specifically and show your worth.It helps you to prove to your employers that you are a professional who understands the demands of a position and the goal of the company.With the aid of this guide, you can easily draw the attention of the company’s management to your skills, dedication, knowledge, and expertise.Regardless of the industry, you plan to begin or continue your career in, there is an example available for you to use.This implies that if you want to impress employers in industries like Information Technology, Real Estate Management, Accounting, and many others, there is one for you to edit according to your needs. No one is left out.
Patient Access Representative Requirements & Skills 7
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced training in medical terminology, insurance plans or healthcare operations is highly preferred.
- Must be consistently pleasant and helpful and possess strong customer service skills to interact positively with external and internal customers.
- Must present a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and identify tasks that need to be done without being told.
- Demonstrates understanding of insurance benefits and able to communicate those benefits to our patients. Uses department reference documents to facilitate communication with patients regarding insurance authorization requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Advanced computer and office equipment knowledge and ability to operate Windows based programs.
- Ability to operate a multi-line phone system.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tasks, and to embrace change with an open mind.
- Demonstrates the verbal and communication skills needed to communicate in a clear and effective manner-especially during stressful situations.
Recommended Reading: How To Fix My Resume Free
Assoc Patient Access Represume Examples & Samples
- Verify patient insurance by confirming and document insurance eligibility of patient coverage benefits, including coverage limits, number of days, patient responsibility, effective dates, and follow-up with patient and/or referring physician office in the event of failed eligibility. Referrals to Financial Counselor, when appropriate
- Contacts patients family or physician office to obtain missing insurance information and authorizations
- Obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of arrival
- Ensure financially cleared patients go directly to the area of service in order to receive treatment refer patients to Financial Counseling when appropriate
Responsibilities For Patient Access Representative 7pm To 7am Resume
- Accepts and records calls regarding scheduling admissions
- Assign appropriate ICD-10 for registration and billing compliance purposes at the point of scheduling and registration
- Provides patients with efficient and pleasant encounter when checking in and/or scheduling appointments for services
- Maintains knowledge of PAS, hospital policies and procedures ensuring maximum utilization of facilities and staffing
- Knowledgeable in all phases of Medi-Cal program, including application process, eligibility status and case problems
- Assist with lost and found items, ensuring they get to the Security Department
- Comply with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and
Recommended Reading: When Should You List Your Gpa On A Resume
Patient Access Representative Er Per Diemresume Examples & Samples
- One year acute Emergency Department experience as an admitting clerk
- General knowledge of patient access functions in acute and non-acute settings preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology recommended
- High-level knowledge of Government regulations and requirements, managed care contracts and third party requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of the PRS and medical office / hospital admission processes
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent English communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- General understanding of Patient Registration Systems
- Ability to identify patients that may need financial assistance and make referrals to appropriate resources
- One year of prior hospital or medical registration experience
- Must be able to interview patients / family to obtain the required patient and guarantor demographic and insurance information
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently enter this information into the Patient Registration system
Patient Access Rep Float Prn
- Patient registration to include all new patient data entry and updates to existing patient accounts. Relay necessary messages to clinical staff with regards to patients appointment
- Verification of patient insurance coverage to include eligibility and benefits. Documentation of benefit verification in patients electronic file as appropriate. Confirmation of active referral on file for scheduled appointment
- Balance receipts daily and reconcile daily work processes. Completion of bank deposit slips to correspond with daily receipts. Immediate notification to supervisor of any discrepancies in balancing procedures
Also Check: How To Get Your Resume On One Page
How Do I Create My Own Resume With Resume Examples
If you want to prove to your potential employers that you are the perfect fit for a vacant position, you need to create a perfect resume or cover letter.However, there is good news. You don’t need to rack your brain to write a job-winning resume. All you have to do is visit a reliable online resume builder, follow a few simple steps, and best.These resume builders give you access to many ideal examples of industry-related resumes you can easily refer to when creating yours.Resume samples provide you with the perfect guide you need to craft a readable and relevant resume.Here is how you can use them to create your own resume:
- Choose samples with resume formats suitable for a specific job or industry.
- Observe how the names and contact information are included and follow suit
- Include your resume objective or summary, following the pattern
- Take a look at how the skills are highlighted and do the same
- Get keywords from the sample and use them in your own resume
- Mention your education using the structure in the example
- Pay attention to the font style and use the same when creating your resume
- Make sure you proofread your resume to confirm if it aligns with the sample you used
After doing this, you can rest assured that you have created a professional resume.
Requirements For A Patient Access Representative
Although many clinical employers may not require patient access representatives to have medical experience, many facilities prefer candidates to have some experience working in a clinical setting performing administrative tasks. However, patient access representatives may often need to meet specific educational and training requirements:
Read Also: What Should Your Resume Look Like
Experience For Patient Access Representative Days Resume
- Demonstrates the importance of quality and integrity of capturing patient information with regards to patient confidentiality.
- Collects patient portion from patients prior to or at time of service .
- Demonstrate efficiency and familiarity with hospital systems including
- One year experience with coding: ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS
- The position requires continuous training to upgrade skill set to support transformation and sustainability
- Demonstrate and models the hospitals core values and customer service behaviors in interactions with all customers .
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
Patient Access Representative Resume Templates
- 1+ year of Administrative / Clerical experience in a high volume Customer Service office
- Previous experience as a Patient Access Representative
- Familiar with Medical Terminology
- Adhere to, and remain compliant with, state/federal guidelines pertaining to HIPAA standards
- Process referrals and arrange for laboratory/diagnostic services
- Perform routine EMR audits to ensure all procedures are billed for and monitor reports to ensure compliance
You May Like: How To Put My Resume On Google Drive
Patient Access Representative Hrsresume Examples & Samples
- Requires at least two years of previous experience in registration, medical office work or managed care one year of registration experience is preferred
- Computer skills are essential-including Microsoft Office and Internet
- Requires the ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Customer service experience is essential
- Requires the ability to maintain flexibility
Patient Access Representative Faq
What tasks does a patient access representative do?
Patient access representatives perform a variety of tasks associated with helping patients get checked in to the hospital. They greet patients, collect their information, and answer any questions they have about the admittance process. Patient access representatives also handle patients insurance and make requests to have care pre-approved, among other things.
Can I use your patient access representative job description template?
Yes, you should feel free to use our patient access representative job description template as you create your help-wanted ads. That being said, it isnt necessarily a good idea to copy what weve written here word-for-word. Instead, youll want to take some time to include some additional information about your available position. When done well, highlighting the parts of your job that make it unique can help you attract more applicants for the job.
What should I include in my patient access representative help-wanted ads?
We believe that the best strategy is the one that weve used above. You dont want to bog your applicants down with too many details right away. Instead, start with a paragraph or two that talks about the job in general terms. You can get specific after that by creating two bulleted lists to showcase the exact responsibilities and requirements of your patient access representative position.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Good Resume 2020
How To Write A Patient Access Representative Resume
Heres how to write a patient access representative resume of your own.
Write Compelling Bullet Points
The best bullet points are those that are specific and highlight your experience and skills. For example, rather than saying you provided customer service, you could say that you provided customer service for 20+ callers per day, prioritizing calls based on urgency and ensuring all callers were satisfied with their experience.
The second bullet point is much stronger because it provides specific details about the nature of the job and the results of your work. It also provides a quantifiable measure of the work20+ callers per daywhich makes it easy for a reader to understand the level of responsibility and scale of the project.
Identify and Include Relevant Keywords
When you apply for a patient access representative role, your resume is likely to be scanned by an applicant tracking system for certain keywords. This system looks for specific terms related to the job, like patient relations or call center. If your resume doesnt include enough of the right terms, the ATS might discard your application.
To increase your chances of getting an interview, use this list of common patient access representative keywords as a starting point:
- Patient Access
As you draft your resume, youll want to keep a few basic guidelines in mind.
Create Scannable Sections
Consider Including a Summary
Main Key Skills And Action Verbs For Patient Access Representative
Your perfect CV has distinctive Healthcare skills and action verbs to highlight your career experience as a Patient Access Representative. Pay regard to the fact that they should perfectly match the employers requirements to have the best chance of getting the job. Here are the most preferred samples: chart pulling, regulatory compliance, financial consulting.
Key Skills & Proficiencies
Read Also: How To Put Multitasking On Resume
Patient Access Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients and their caregivers on arrival.
- Collecting information such as patient details, medical history, billing, and insurance information, etc.
- Preparing patient admission and discharge documentation.
- Entering information into databases and maintaining accurate records.
- Relaying information to relevant staff members.
- Informing patients and their caregivers of hospital procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Providing patients with billing and payment information.
- Dealing with patient questions, concerns, and issues.
- Performing general administrative tasks.
- Experience in a clerical position preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance plans is beneficial.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry systems.
- Ability to multitask and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Compassionate and patient.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Of A Patient Access Representative
- Greets patients and their caregivers and records pertinent information into a computer database
- Records insurance information and obtains pre-approval for treatment if needed
- Relays information between patients and other staff members, and provides them with updates as needed
- Prioritizes the order of care so that the most critical patients are seen first
- Keeps paper and electronic medical records, and updates these records as needed
- Provides information to insurance companies in order to assist with billing
- Assists patients during checkout, and ensures they have post-treatment instructions if required
- Refers individuals to outside agencies when unable to meet their needs
- Calculates payment information, accepts funds, and credits accounts accordingly
Don’t Miss: How Can Do A Resume
Patient Access Representative Job Summary 6
The Patient Access Representative facilitates the coordinator of scheduled outpatient services and programs and is responsible for completing and verifying all registration information and collecting the patient’s financial responsibility. Provides clerical support. Enters status changes in the computer. Works on routine assignments within defined parameters, established guidelines and precedents. Follows established procedures and receives daily instructions on work.
Sample Job Description #3
The Patient Access Representative must be self-driven and able to multi-task and prioritize their work. They must have strong communication skills and be able to deal effectively with others. This position is team-oriented and contributes to achieving department goals. In addition, Patient Access Representatives must answer all incoming calls on the hospital switchboard and transfer as appropriate.
Also Check: How List References On Resume