How To Write A Convincing Education Section For Your Resume
After writing a strong professional resume or a resume objective with the help of our project manager resume sample, it is time to show the hiring manager your academic credentials.
Nowadays, most of the companies youll be applying to will require a university degree. Therefore it is essential that you include an education section in your resume.
The education section shows the hiring manager that you have the right educational background. This section can also create interest by showcasing further information about your qualifications.
Weve made a list of important factors you should consider while writing an education section:
- Add your highest education first . Be sure to state your highest forms of education a chronological approach is recommended. Dont include your high school education if you have a university degree.
- Make sure to list the degree, name, address, and years attended of the university you went to.
- Only include your GPA if its 3.6 or above.
- If you dont have a bachelors degree, then simply write the name of the high school youve finished.
Senior Project Manager Pmoresume Examples & Samples
- Identify project resource requirements and works with plan sponsors to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors, technology and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies. Work to identify interdependencies and ensures appropriate integration to project plan. May serve as the single point of contact for the project, representing multiple constituency perspectives at times throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead the delivery of medium to large scope project initiatives that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors. Ensure that a project plan is developed and maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget. Utilizes company/industry project management methodologies and tools throughout the project life cycle
- 7 to 10 years relevant experience
- Industry-standard project management methodologies and tools that incorporates Capability Maturity Model methods
- Effective at building relationships highly effective communication skills that include ability to articulate information to a broad audience
What Do Project Managers Do
Project managers are the glue that holds any project team together. The success of a project rises and falls with you.
As businesses become ever more interconnected, there is a growing requirement for multi-talented people to coordinate and manage diverse teams in ambitious cross-company projects. They might not have the specific skills or knowledge that each individual project team member possesses. But their excellence lies in seeing the bigger picture of how the jigsaw puzzle fits together moving the right pieces to the right place at the right time.
While certain industries employ more project managers than others, it is rare to find a project manager who works in just one industry. Every project day is a learning day. Project managers never know which part of any given experience might be useful for their next project. Therefore, a project manager resume will therefore likely be a diverse collection of different work experiences.
For ideas and inspiration to help you create a job-winning project manage resume, youre invited to peruse these examples from the business & managementfield:
Before taking a closer look at each of these sections, lets look at the bigger picture of what your project manager resume might cover, and from what angle.
You May Like: How To Say Punctual On A Resume
Project Manager Resume: Personal Information
The personal information should be below your name on the resume headers section.
The following three things need to be written in the personal information section:
- Contact Number
- Current Location
Always make sure that the contact number you provide is the line through which the recruiters can conveniently get in touch with you, so make sure to provide only the available number on which you are available 24×7.
Remember the following points while framing your contact number on your program manager resume:
- Use your country’s ISD code as a prefix before your phone number
- Put a plus sign before the ISD code
- Eg: +1 37648 21511
Keep the below-mentioned tips for adding an email id on the project manager resume:
- Provide only the email ID which you use for official purposes
- Make sure to create an email ID that has your real name.
Remember and follow the two basic points given below while writing your location on an IT project manager resume:
- If you are looking for a job in your country, mention the city and state of your residence. On the contrary, simply write your city and country of residence if you are looking for a job outside the country.
- Avoid giving your house number, street number, and your locality name as they are of no use to the recruiters.
Adding links to your LinkedIn and GitHub accounts can be an added advantage since it gives you the scope to display the accomplishments that you couldn’t see in the resume.
Additional Tips For Writing The Best Project Management Resume
Wed like to dedicate this part of our article to give you more tips on how to make your IT project manager resume shine.
Because of the high frequency of project manager resumes hiring companies receive daily, hiring managers will use a keyword tracking system called Applicant Tracking System or ATS .
The ATS program filters out applications that dont have enough keywords in the text. These keywords can be hard skills or relevant industry terminology. The ATS scanners pick these words up and determine whether or not an application has passed their scan test.
On average, hiring managers will only view an application for about 6 seconds after a resume passes the ATS filter check.
Be sure to write your resume in a way where the content is a healthy balance between industry terminology, hard and soft skills. Being able to communicate effectively this balance successfully is crucial.
It is important to understand that your resume must possess information that is both accurate and to the point, and visually understandable. Use bullet points. You only have 6 seconds to get the potential employers attention, after all.
Take a look at a sample resume for more ideas and inspiration. Check out our resume examples .
Read Also: How To Upload Resume On Indeed
Sample It Project Manager Resume
- 9 years of relevant experience
- Led and mentored teams and three different companies
- Hands-on Agile and Scrum experience
- PMP certified Project Manager
- 10 years of work experience as a project manager in Agile teams
- Project Manager Professional Certification
- Bachelor degree in adjacent to project management industry
Manager Applications Project Management Carondeletresume Examples & Samples
- Manages assignments for installations, conversions and upgrades, and develops implementation plans that ensure minimal impact on end users
- Identifies opportunities to support manual processes and provides cost-benefit analysis of automated solutions
- Collaborates on needs analysis for customer service, upgrades or changes to systems. Recommends cost-effective hardware/software solutions
- Hires, trains and manages assigned staff
- Develops the technical, administrative, and managerial skills of assigned staff through coaching, educational offerings, work assignments, and other developmental opportunities
- Assigns work, monitors work quality, reviews output and ensures that staff is effectively trained to successfully deliver work needed
Don’t Miss: How To List Academic Awards On Resume
How To Show Certifications On A Resume
Wheter it’s a PMP or Agile project management certification, getting it took effort.
So, why hide it on your project manager resume?
- Put it after your name.
- Add it to your project management resume summary.
- Include it in your job titles.
- Last, add it to a dedicated certification section.
Those first project manager resume templates will jump-start your job search.
Want to try a different look? Theres 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Expert Hint: Send a project manager cover letter. Many experts say cover letters are out of style. Thats true, but almost half of all employers wont read your resume for project manager jobs without one.
Project Manager Resume Content Considerations
Nailing down the content for your resume may not be as simple or straightforward. The best project managers dont take too much time to analyze decisions or weigh their options. They simply dont have time for that! They rely on their experience, people skills and instincts to make correct call after correct call.
Sure, there will always be a certain number of things that could have gone better, but when you are spinning so many plates, a few are bound to crash to the ground. You just have to clear them up and move on.
After years of experience, the plate spinning gets easier. But with so much of their work being intuitive, project managers may not feel the same way about the self-analytical aspect of job hunting. It doesnt seem natural to dissect how they do what they do and why they make certain decisions. Yet this introspection is critical when it comes to writing a compelling project manager resume and talking about yourself in an interview.
Don’t Miss: What Do Resumes Look Like In 2020
Put Your Project Management Skills On Display
You may be asking yourself: how else can you impress the hiring managers, or what else could you possibly include into your resume during a job hunt? The answer is simple the skills section.
Being able to list down key skills on a resume can be the difference in getting that dream job you always wanted. Recruiters pay close attention to hard skills as well as soft skills and other project management skills.
The skills section gives you the ability to showcase 5-8 of your relevant skills, both hard and soft skills, just in case they werent mentioned in the other sections.
This part of your cover letter helps boost the effectiveness of the application by providing more information about your skill base.
Here is a list of common skills, including soft skills, for a program management professional that you can include in your resume:
- Negotiation skills
Include Numbers Showing Growth To Create A Great First Impression
The summary, which varies slightly from a personal statement, is one of the few places on your project manager resume where you can express the subtleties of your experience in free-form text. It is hard to summarize an extensive, project-rich career in a few sentences. But if you include the most hard-hitting ones and include some sample numbers to back up your claims, your project manager resume summary will create a great first impression.
Finalizing Your Project Manager Resume
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Building a project manager resume can feel like a daunting task, but the hardest part is getting started you can always start with a basic resume outline.
Check out our free resume templates or choose a simple resume template we created in Google Docs follow the rules in this guide, and you’ll be well on your way towards landing your next role as a project manager. Here’s a quick summary of our resume tips:
- Only include skills you’d be comfortable being interviewed on in your resume. Have these skills in your “skills” section and in the context of your work experience.
- Make sure your resume objective or resume summary adds value to your candidacy. Avoid vague or generic statements.
- When discussing your work experience, highlight the details of one to two major projects you worked on instead of focusing on one-off tasks you completed.
- Be sure to include your highest level of education and any certifications you have in your resume objective or summary.
It Project Manager Consultant Resume
Summary : IT Project Manager Consultant with overall seven years of professional and consulting experience in Information Technology utilizing multiple methodologies. Project Management experience. Defines and direct project goals, objectives, critical success factors, milestones, and risks. Very good experience in the requirement analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation. Strong analytical, design, and technical skills. Worked with Fortune 500 companies in the technology and communication industry.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, IT Project Management, Risk Management, Sharepoint, RUP, Agile, Waterfall
Project Manager Carrier Order Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Successfully interacts with cross-functional teams that span the organization. Resolves issues via proper communication channels. Proactively identifies key barriers to a projects success and works with the project teams to define and manage activities to mitigate those barriers
- Establishes, owns, and leads project communication forums both vertically and horizontally across regional engineering teams
- Formal training in Project management methodologies and practices strongly preferred
Project Manager Resume Samples
Project Managers are involved in taking charge of a specific or particular project within a company. Typical duties listed on successful Project Manager Resume include some or all of the following coordinating with third parties and vendors for flawless project execution, ensuring timely delivery of projects, ensuring technical feasibility of projects, developing project scopes and objectives, ensuring resource availability, using appropriate verification techniques, reporting and escalating to management, performing risk management, and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
There is a long list of skill sets expected from a Project Manager such as proven work experience, solid technical background, hands-on experience with software development and web technologies, strong knowledge of MS Office and Project management software, and the ability to juggle between multiple projects. The education level may vary widely based on the industry type, but on-the-job training and a degree pertaining to the project is mandatory to seek this position.
Also Check: How To Ask Someone To Consider Your Resume
How To Write A Summary For A Project Manager
Dont Forget To Include Work Experience Section In Your Resume
Now that youre finished with the education section, you may be asking yourself, whats the next step?
It is time to start working on the most important section of your resume the project management experience section.
This part of your cover letter covers the biggest portion of your application and needs to be perfectly clear and understandable.
The project management experience section is where youll be discussing your past relevant job titles and describing work responsibilities, accomplishments and abilities. Try to be as thorough yet brief as possible when describing your past work in order to show how you can benefit the hiring company. Use bullet points.
You have to discuss what benefit you brought to the company and how you applied your skills to benefit your employer. We recommend using bullet points while writing about your work history.
Try to include metrics and numerical info, as well as industry jargon, in your job description. This will show the reader that you possess the necessary know-how for that new job.
Read Also: How To Put Janitor On Resume
Uk Le Project Manager & Pmoresume Examples & Samples
- PMO to a bank wide project, ensuring compliance from a governance perspective with BCBS239
- Project Management of the UK LE aspects of the same project, and ensuring the UK CDO can discharge their duties under the project
- The reach of the role is global with teams situated in all regions and in multiple countries within those regions. The role resides in Group Corporate Functions and liaises with all of the divisions and most of the other corporate functions to ensure overall compliance
- Knowledge of the BCBS 239 regulation
- Knowledge of Data Governance and it’s practices and purposes
- Knowledge of risk reporting and risk calculation
- Knowledge of Banking and Financial Services
- Degree or similar
Resume Sample For A Pmp Certified Project Manager
If you’re looking for a new opportunity as a project manager, it’s time to brush up your resume. This sample is for a PMP certified candidate who has held several jobs in the field.
Note how this jobhunter briefly but effectively breaks down the responsibilities and achievements each job entailed. It is clear at a glance what level of responsibility he had in each job, what tasks he performed, and even how his work benefitted each company’s mission.
You May Like: How To Make An Acting Resume With No Experience
Manager Cmc Project Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects
- The implementation of new or upgraded products and services
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and vendor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as vendor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints