Format Of A Data Entry Resume
The second thing to decide since the onset of resume making process is identifying the format of your resume for data entry.
There are three types of data entry resume formats to choose from:
You can know about the format of a resume by referring to our exhaustive guide on Resume Format 2018-19: Guide to the Best Resume Formats
To get a respectable pay as a data entry operator, you need 5+ years of experience.The best way of presenting the data entry skills on a resume is showcasing an upward-growing career.
Thus, the reverse chronological resume format is suitable for data entry operator.
This type of resume shows recent work experience, recent awards, and recent certifications followed by the preceding ones.
To get a clear idea on a reverse chronological resume, refer to the image below for a sample Brand Manager resume:
When it comes to template design and format, avoid using excessive design.Your resume is not your 8th-grade art project. Keep it simple.
You can check out 25+ designs on Hiration’s online resume builder for professional designs that will level-up your existing resume.
Computer Skills And Certifications In A Data Entry Resume
Computer proficiency is a vital skill for data entry clerks, so its always better to list any computer skills you may have in that section. Computer skills that help a data entry resume stand out include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, great typing abilities, and overall database management.
If you have any certifications, you want them to stand out, so you should list them under this section. Some of the certifications that will help your data entry resume stand out include:
- Certificate in Accounts Administration
- Data Entry Specialist Certificate
Summary: Key Points For Writing A Perfect Data Entry Resume
This is what we have learned from the article:
Don’t Miss: How To Upload Resume To Indeed App
Education In Data Entry Resume
This section is of utmost importance in case you are a fresher.
A data entry clerk needs to have a High School diploma at the least. If you have a bachelors or higher degree, mention that in reverse chronological experience. This means showcasing your most recent qualification on the top, followed by the earlier ones.
First, mention the masters degree and then proceed with the Bachelors and High School Diploma.
Refer to Resume Education: How to List Education on Resume for more clarity on how to list education in your data entry resume.
Here’s a sample Education section in a typical Data Entry Resume:
Mention the name of the college and universities you attended. Mention the date of both enrollment and graduation.
Test Specialist Test Data Managementresume Examples & Samples
- At least 2 years experience in developing test data management strategy in accordance to data governance policies
- At least 2 years experience in discovering test data by analysis of business flows, system integrations, data architectures, business data objects, business data rules and data entities and relationships
- At least 2 years experience in providing production copy subset data to test systems
- At least 2 years experience in generating production like test data that meets complex business data rules of integrated applications
- At least 2 years experience in maintaining test data by refreshing, roll forward, roll backward, aging, reset, archive and cleaning techniques
- At least 2 years experience in data management experience such as data modeling, data development, and database administration
- At least 1 year experience in identifying and masking sensitive test data to meet security requirements and business data rules of integrated systems
- At least 1 year experience in test data management tools, such as Infosphere Optim Test Data Management , Informatica ILM TDM or Gridtools datamaker
- At least 1 year experience in performing root cause analysis and resolving test data defects and issues of data load and downstream data impacts
- Readiness to travel Up to 5 days a week
Also Check: How To List Own Business On Resume
What Are Data Visualization Jobs
Jobs in data visualization incorporate the analysis and visual representation of data. Professionals in the field take datasets and use graphs, charts, pictures or maps to display them in an accessible and readable way. Data visualization is useful in several industries since it helps people notice important business trends and patterns. Industries that may benefit from data visualization professionals include:
Science, including research fields
What To Include In A Data Entry Resume
The main sections in a data entry resume are:
- Contact Information
If you want your resume to stand out more, you can also try these optional sections:
- Professional Certificates
- Interests & Hobbies
Now, were going to go through each of those sections, and explain how to write them.
Still not clear on which sections to use? Check out our guide to What to Put on a Resume.
Recommended Reading: How To Display Promotion On Resume
Data Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Work with various HR & JPMC functional groups to analyze business needs to provide appropriate, innovative, and cost effective solutions
- Evaluate technologies for inclusion in forward-looking technology strategies
- Assist development teams with design and product architecture
- Review proposed solutions from product development
- Analyze technology issues and propose short, mid and long-term solutions
- Assist in scalability & capacity planning
- Work with other senior technology leaders to propose technical solutions and help craft architecture & technology roadmap
- Execute capacity planning and communicate long term systems architecture
- Work with internal and external customers on technical solutions
- Assist in process development for the technology organization
- 5+ years of experience in software development and design
- Experience designing and using distributed technologies
- Experience designing/managing infrastructure
Internships Group Data Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Assist the program manager within the current customer projects to build up a store database for own retail and franchise stores as well as to harmonize the customer database in SAP AFS
- Support the analysis of business requirements
- Support to kick off calls with the different business areas, like Franchise managers or different own retail areas
- Prepare presentations and meeting minutes
- Analyse the available data using excel or access, e.g. compare reference data content in different systems
- Support testing and training activities
Recommended Reading: Community Involvement Resume
Data Management Technology Engineerresume Examples & Samples
- Must be proficient in C#, .NET, and have experience with developing web services and multi-tiered application development
- Must have experience working with Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure to deploy applications and databases in the cloud
- Experience in working with database and SQL is definite plus
- Must have a strong working knowledge of computer science and professional work experience with all Windows OS development environments including MS Visual Studio, C++,.NET
- Well developed communication skills
Then Learn Software Tools
There are various software tools that can help boost the efficiency of data entry. Learning how to utilize them properly can do much to increase your data entry speed without compromising accuracy. Intelligent Character Recognition and Optical Character Recognition are among the most common technologies used for this purpose, so practice them first.
You May Like: How To Put Community Service On A Resume
Data Reporting Project Coordinatorresume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for coordination with other gridSMART team members and client resources to collect the required data for required filings and reports
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of Non-Financial Metrics
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of environmental benefits Oversee collection and reporting of data as required for the gridSMART Collaborative
- Oversee collection and reporting of data as required for demonstrating progress on the gridSMART Program
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of data per Stipulation section 2 for Distribution Automation Circuit Reconfiguration Reliability Improvement
- Oversee collection of data and support of the PUCO contractor/consultant who will be performing company operational savings from the gridSMART program to be netted against the rider
- Manage the development of the Phase 2 Feasibility and Selection Studies for AMI and DACR
- Manage the development of the Phase 3 Full System Feasibility Study for AMI, DACR, and VVO
Data Entry Managerresume Examples & Samples
- Works with other departments to achieve service center and client goals.Analyzes workflow and assignments to ensure operations run efficiently
- Supports data entry operations in establishing objectives and metrics, structured appraisals and established training plans with routine feedback
- Reviews and monitors attendance records and produces necessary reports
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports to track quality, quantity, and efficiency for team. ·
- Meets with customers to determine needs, solicits feedback on service levels and implements solutions to address issues
- Ensures the ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs
- Communicates to center Director and client all appropriate options for resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Maintains physical security of area and monitors operations for breach of security utilization. ·
- Abides by the company policies & procedures in terms of protecting the client information and ensuring the team also follows the same
- Handles escalations from client and internal staff in the best possible fashion
- Coordinates account inventories and reports daily/weekly numbers to the Center Director
- Assists with hiring
Read Also: How To State Language Proficiency On Resume
Isg Entity Data Management Country Leader Icg O& t Ttsresume Examples & Samples
- Identify, research, validate, setup & maintain legal entity reference data on central repositories/applications legal entity data forms an integral component of Credit Risk exposure typically data spans legal name verification, address, nature of business, ownership etc
- Management of in-country resource, conducting performance reviews, team development and broadening the knowledge base of the team as a whole
- Extensive knowledge & experience in data management: analysis, governance, quality, business and technical master data management
- An advance degree in Math, Science, Computer Science/Data, Business Administration or equivalent work experience is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience across any combination of data operations, preferable in investment banking
Describe Your Work Experience
The bulk of a resume is the work experience section. It’s best to give several details about your work history. For each position, try to include three to five bullet points that clearly explain your job duties and accomplishments. This helps the hiring manager understand the positive impact you had on previous employers. Consider including metrics that can provide tangible evidence of your past successes.
Recommended Reading: What To Say In An Email When Sending A Resume
Showcase Your Data Entry Hard Skills
Hiring managers look for a wide range of skills and experience when choosing a data entry candidate, but speed is a vital part of the position. Highlight your data entry speed early in your resume so that your prospective employer can see that you can keep up with the needs of the company. Keystrokes Per Hour is the most important factor for hiring managers, but you can also include 10-key speed and traditional words per minute if it fits the position. This information can be included in the key skills section or highlighted in your professional profile.
- Alphanumeric: 8,500 KPH, 100% accuracy
- 10-key: 15,500 KPH, 100% accuracy
- Traditional typing speed: 87 WPM, 99% accuracy
Accurate and efficient data entry clerk with 10,000 KPH alphanumeric typing speed and proven ability to produce error-free data.
Detail-oriented data entry clerk with extremely fast typing speed and experience with alphanumeric and 10-key data entry.
Data Entry Operator Responsibilities Include:
- Entering customer and account data from source documents within time limits
- Compiling, verifying accuracy and sorting information to prepare source data for computer entry
- Reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output
Hiring a data entry operator? to post this job and hire better, faster.
Recommended Reading: Relevant Coursework Resume Examples
Global Product Data Management Senior Analystresume Examples & Samples
- Validates, processes and verifies PD. Ensures data integrity does not fall below established departmental expectations
- Coordinates activities in support of assigned commodities with appropriate customers to establish product schedules and release activities
- Minimizes the amounts of change requests associated to the PD in WIP by improving status and follow-up techniques with customers
Use Action Words To Make Your Data Entry Resume Shine
Talk about boring words that you can find on just about any resume. Using these words when describing your work experience wont exactly jump out at a recruiter.
Instead, use some of these power words to make your responsibilities and achievements stand out. These are just a few that are relevant to data entry specialists.
GPA, Honours, Courses, and any relevant projects or experiences.
Heres a practical example :
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
University of Toronto
- Relevant Courses: Advanced Excel, Introduction to Information Architecture, Designing Client Relationship Management Systems
- Collected and inputted student personal information into an existing database for the Computer Science Club
GPA: 3.4 / 4.0
Before we move on, here are some of the most frequent questions we get about education on a resume. And, of course, their answers.
What if Im not finished college or university yet, or I dropped out?
- You should still mention your degree. All you have to do is include the years studied. If you are still studying, put Present as the end date. E.g. 2018 – Present.
Do I list my high school education?
- Only if you dont have a higher education. If you have a bachelors or masters, its obvious you graduated high school.
What should appear first, education or experience?
- If you have any relevant work experience, then experiences go first. If not, education takes top spot.
Read Also: College Coursework On Resume
Write A Data Entry Resume Objective Or Summary
A stack of data entry specialist resumes stands between you and the job.
Catch the eye fast or vanish in the data-pile.
Thats a quick-hit of why you matter.
Create it last to make life easy.
These data entry resume examples show how:
List Your Education And Certifications
Whatever your education level, it’s best to include this information on your resume. Some positions may require advanced degrees or certifications in data analytics or visualization. For example, if the job description lists a certificate that you’ve earned, include that information in your resume.
Detail-oriented data analytics and visualization specialist with 10+ years of experience using a variety of software to effectively represent datasets. Proficient in data formatting and graphic design with a passion for learning new tools and models of data visualization.
Data visualization developerCrane & Jenkins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, July 2017âpresent
Lead a team of 5+ data visualization developers to deliver key projects to high-profile clients, according to their specifications
Manage the design and implementation of 150+ visualization projects with a 95% satisfaction rate
Troubleshoot technical issues for the department by providing leadership and guidance to resolve the problem within the databases
Data visualization analystCloud Clearwater Data, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, June 2013âJuly 2019
Used knowledge of data acquisition and organization to develop actionable ideas for visualization projects
Assisted with 35+ complex research projects to collect and organize data into advanced software programs
Implemented data visualization strategies to meet the client’s expectations and flexibly change details in the design process
Also Check: General Motors Corvette Assembly Plant Tours
Data Entry Skills In The Workplace
You can maximize your data entry skills in the workplace by implementing these tips:
Maximize focus. If you find you’re easily distracted when performing data entry, consider using a timer to help you maintain your focus and take regular breaks to rest and complete other tasks.
Work on accuracy over speed. Improving your typing accuracy is often more useful long term than increasing your typing speed. The fewer errors you make, the more time you’ll save reviewing your work and making corrections.
Establish a system. Create a workflow system that’s organized and designed to maximize your data entry efficiency. For example, if you transfer written data into digital form, use a tray or folder system to help you organize the information you’ve already input and the work you still need to do.
Check again. Make sure you review your work for accuracy at regular intervals and make any corrections as needed. The more often you check for and correct mistakes, the less likely those mistakes will impact anyone else’s workflow.
Create a schedule. Establish a regular schedule for yourself to help you meet quotas within your work time. Know roughly how much information you can transcribe in a given amount of time to help you set a realistic schedule and goals for yourself.
Scope Of Data Entry As A Profession
Data entry is one of the most important tasks in data management. Data entry ensures that companies align their data with long-term objectives.
Data entry job description comprises manual entry of data using automated technologies.
Data production is taking the world by storm. With an accelerated need to assemble, validate, and structure data, the demand for data entry clerks is an all-time high.
But high demand does not mean it’s guaranteed that you’ll get a data entry job with a respectable pay.
You need to top thousands of candidatures with technical knowledge and rich work experience.
These thousands of candidates have the same experience as you do. They have the same willingness and expertise.
So how exactly do you top them?
The answer lies in an impeccable data entry resume.
According to a study by TheLadders, a recruiter spends 6 seconds on an average on one resume.
Does it mean that the reading time for your entire resume should be 6 seconds?
No. It means your data entry clerk resume has six seconds to impress a recruiter and convince him/her to read the entire document.
Fortunately, you have the experts at Hiration to help you out with this difficult task.
Use Hiration’s online resume builder to make a resume that will impress the heavens out of a recruiter.
Refer our exhaustive guides on the topic:
Read Also: My Resume Is 2 Pages