Shipping & Receiving Assistantresume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of materials, equipment and laboratory reagents to support operations of our company operations
- Processing Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, World Courier, USPS, and other courier deliveries and shipping
- Shipping & receiving biological & hazardous materials
- Maintain accurate data entry of packing slips and chemical inventory records
- Maintain central office, lab and Vivarium supply stockrooms
- Daily mail sorting and delivery
- Receive hazardous materials using a chemical inventory system
- Receive cGMP material in accordance with standard operating procedures and regulations
- On a daily basis receive and process materials and equipment as needed by customers, keep in good condition the stock rooms and maintain stock room inventory
- Receive and deliver hazardous materials and manage periodic inventory of chemicals
- Monitors incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Oversees multi-building shipping, receiving and logistic services
- Maintains shipping and receiving policies and procedures
- May work with outside contracted vendors to create department SOP’s
- Must be a self-starter and work independently
- Must be organized and data-entry accuracy required
- Must be able to successfully complete bio-hazardous materials, hazardous materials transportation , chemical safety and blood born pathogen training
- Minimum 1 year Shipping & Receiving/Warehousing experience
- Excellent driving record
How To List Work Experience If Youre An Experienced Professional
If youre an experienced professional, any hiring manager worth their salt is going to put your work experience section under scrutiny. Because of that, you want to make sure your work experience section is tight.
To help employers navigate this section, list your work history in reverse chronological order. Put the most recent and the most relevant items should first.
If youre working a full-time job and freelancing at the same time, its only up to you to decide where do you want to draw the attention first.
Also, dont just state where you worked at and what was your job title. Use 24 bullet points for each job to describe your duties and specific achievements. Heres an example:
Kicks Final Piece Of Resume Advice
- Dont be afraid to use bold whenever you want to highlight important bits of information within the section.
- Include key achievements subsection. Pick the biggest achievement from each job and highlight it in a subsection. You can also write it in bold. This will catch the attention of the hiring manager in an instant.
- Keep it simple and easy to read. Dont overdo it. Pick 1-2 colors maximum, 1-2 fonts, 1-2 heading sizes.
- Remember its not only about you. Its also about your future employer. Look at the job description again and determine what are his needs. Address these in your work experience section.
Recommended Reading: Should You List High School On Resume
There Are Two Ways To Format Your Positions Find Out Which Works Best For You
This is how to format a resume for multiple positions at the same job.
So you’ve been promoted or changed positions with an employer, and you’re unsure how to present this on your resume. There are two ways to format your positions: stack the job titles under the employer’s name, or create separate position descriptions.
Approach : Create Separate Position Descriptions
If each of your positions is strong and relevant, separate the job titles and provide individual position descriptions. This approach is a great way to reveal your achievement history according to position and time frame. Pay attention to how you format these jobs so that you don’t appear to be job-hopping. By keeping the overall date range next to the employer’s name and indenting the job titles, the reader will easily see that you moved around within one organization. For example:
COMPANY NAME – City, State, 2/01 to present
- Store Manager, 8/03 to presentDescribe responsibilities and achievements
- Assistant Manager, 5/02 to 8/03Describe responsibilities and achievements
You May Like: How To Build A Acting Resume With No Experience
How To List Dates In The Awards Or Achievements Section Of A Resume
For new graduates, resumes will typically include an awards or achievements section which contain school or club related achievements.
While it is not necessary to include dates on these achievements, it can help a section look complete and impressive.
Being able to see that you accomplished something every year of your education can make you look consistent! Typically, only the year is included in this section. When formatted, it should look like this:
- Walter Andrews Women in Economics Scholarship
- Womens Varsity Basketball State Silver Champion
Order Specialist Resume Samples
Posted: Market Data Order Specialist Resume Examples & Samples. Order Processing Management processing orders for market data products through an online order tool Verify completion of pre-order stages Contact Vendor, place order, follow up for delivery and confirm order
Respiratory Therapy vs. NursingIn medicine, Nurses and Respiratory Therapists need the same education and qualifications, however, they still have differead more
You May Like: Where To Put Relevant Coursework On A Resume
Shipping / Receiving Represume Examples & Samples
- Support technicians by tracking and locating paperwork, products and pans and expediting case pans throughout dental lab
- Responsible for Receiving
- Being an effective team member by interacting and collaborating with others effectively, including in teams, in the workplace, and in culturally or linguistically diverse contexts
List Your Employment History First Unless You’re New In The Workplace
A chronological resume style lists your work history at the top, which is where most hiring managers want it. You should almost always take this approach. The exception is when you don’t have a long work history. Recent graduates or those entering the workforce for the first time may choose a functional resume instead, which places skills above your work history.
You May Like: Is It Okay To Have A Two Page Resume
Include Achievements Instead Of Responsibilities
Emphasize accomplishments on your resume instead of just listing job responsibilities. Accomplishments show you made positive contributions to your companys performance rather than simply met expectations.
Compare these examples of work experience bullet points to see how effectively listing achievements can strengthen your resume:
Effective bullet point
Implemented a system for tracking business leads that boosted sales by 47%
Ineffective bullet point
Tracked business leads
The second example is better because it includes a number that shows the hiring manager how youll perform at the job if they hire you.
Multiple Jobs From Same Company On Your Resume
Posted: Including multiple jobs from the same company on your resume is tricky. This happens if you’ve been promoted or changed positions with an employer. There are two ways to format your resume to reflect your multiple positions: stack the job titles under the employer’s name, or create separate position descriptions. Try these tips.
Read Also: Where To Put Relevant Coursework On A Resume
Select Keywords From The Job Listing
Use the job listing for inspiration as you’re writing your resume. If the listing emphasizes the need for a personable approach to customer service, make sure some of your job responsibilities detail your engaging presentation style, amiable nature and personable approach. Use this tactic carefully so the effect is subtle, and change the language enough to distinguish your resume from the job listing.
Name And Contact Information
At a minimum, your contact information section should include your name, phone number and email address. Depending on the type of job youre applying for, you might also include a link to an online portfolio or professional website.
An example contact information section might look like this:
Alex GardnerHouston, Texas 456-7891
A common practice is to use your name as the title of the page, formatted so that employers can easily identify your name and contact information first.
Read Also: What To Put On Resume If No Experience
List Your Most Important Accomplishments And Responsibilities
Your accomplishments and responsibilities are the most important part of your resume employment history. If you have just two or three jobs to list, you can break out your responsibilities into sections such as team leadership, account management and sales. You might also feature a list of responsibilities followed by a separate section for accomplishments and awards. If you have a long job history, brevity is critical. In this case, you should list only the most important information.
When you are listing your responsibilities, ensure that you are writing them in the past tense. The only exception to this rule is for your most recent job if you are still currently working there. In this case, you would instead put your responsibilities in the present tense.
Resume Examples & Samples
- Assembles orders, checks against shipping or customers order and reports shortages and incomplete orders
- Stacks shipment on skids and takes shipment to shipping dock. Receives and unpacks materials and supplies
- Checks receipts against purchases order for proper shipment, shortages, damages or defects
- Operate crane, hoist or power truck to move materials
- Must be able to work AOG duties according to business needs
- Receive and process new goods unload merchandise truck
- Assist management with transfers, price changes, and drop shipments
- Support sales staff
- Strong organization and clerical skills must be able to multi task
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Unloading of Trucks on the dock capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- Unloading of GOH freight
- Clearing of all trouble shipments
- Completion of Truck Manifest, Damaged and Missing Merchandise Sheets,& Shipment Trouble Log Sheets
- Ability to use Pallet Jack
- Uses RF Scan Gun
You May Like: What Font To Use For Resume
How To List Concurrent Part
Many people work multiple simultaneous part-time jobs to make ends meet or to get ahead, and listing them as such on your resume demonstrates youre both organized and hard working. In addition to listing your concurrent jobs on your resume, make note of them in your cover letter as well to demonstrate your ability to multitask and effectively manage your time.
The Guide To Resume Tailoring
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the shipping / receiving job. Its actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Don’t Miss: Listing Relevant Coursework On Resume
Shipping & Receiving Handlerresume Examples & Samples
- May require ability to operate telephones, data entry equipment, forklifts, electronic scales, pallet jacks, and staple guns and to perform cycle counting and kitting
- Moderate impact, may have influence on multiple programs or areas
- Limited expectations to make decisions outside immediate work assignments. Decisions only affect individual tasks
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Typically requires close supervision
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work that requires repetitive motion. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to handle small components climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- RedPrairie Warehouse Management System knowledge a plus
- Ability to work alone with little supervision
Use Your Cover Letter To Elaborate
Your cover letter is a great place to elaborate on why you’re listing several concurrent part-time jobs on your resume. Always put a positive spin on the topic. Examples:
As you’ll see in my resume, I was employed in a part-time capacity with three different companies between 2014 and 2018. As a full-time student pursuing my MBA, part-time work afforded me the opportunity to structure my work schedule around my academic responsibilities.
You’ll notice my resume indicates several stints of seasonal and temporary work over the last two years. During that time period, I was caring for an ailing family member and simultaneously juggling my career, and found on-call and contract work was most appropriate for my life circumstances at the time.
If youre looking for full-time employment rather than new part-time gigs, indicate that in your cover letter as well.
While holding several part-time jobs worked well for me when my children were young, I’m now looking to re-enter the workplace in a full-time capacity.
Of course, there’s no hard-and-fast rule that you have to list every job you’ve ever had on your resume. Ultimately, your goal is to showcase your strongest professional skills and demonstrate a solid employment history.
You May Like: When H1b Premium Processing Will Resume
What Should I Include In My Federal Resume
Posted: What to include in your resume. Federal jobs often require that you have experience in a particular type of work for a certain period of time. … you might not be considered for the job. Use reverse chronological order to list your experiencestart with your most recent experience first and work your way back.
Additional Relevant Accomplishments And Volunteer Work
The last section to consider adding to your resume is a shortlist of any other relevant accomplishments or volunteer work. Only include those that are relevant or that may help create a better picture of who you are as an individual as related to the position youre applying for. If youre not sure what information may be a fit for this section, re-read the job descriptions that interest you. Consider if you have any experiences outside of the professional history you already added which may help employers understand your qualifications.
Here is an example of what your accomplishments and volunteer work section could look like:
Volunteer firefighter, 20102012
Also Check: How To Build A Acting Resume With No Experience
Order Entry Clerk Resume Examples
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 · Order Entry Clerk Resume Examples. Order Entry Clerks are responsible for managing customer information and processing orders. Typical duties highlighted on an Order Entry Clerk resume example are checking inventories for requested products, solving customer complaints, applying discounts, preparing invoices, reviewing orders for accuracy, and encouraging customers to buy
How To Write A Work Experience Section
Begin with your current or most recent job and continue with the previous ones. The description of each job position should include the following information: name of the company, their location, job title, dates, responsibilities and achievements, promotions, and awards.
Sounds simple enough, doesnt it? Despite that, the employment history section is probably the most difficult to write. Much of the difficulty comes from the sheer amount of information you have to include in this section.
Also, most difficulties only appear once you stop writing it. Is your work experience section too short? Is it too long? Does it look somewhat chaotic? Dont worry. This is how you can include some of the most common mistakes:
Read Also: How To Make An Infographic Resume Free
Work In Chronological Order
List your positions in chronological order just as you would in a resume with full-time employment. The dates will run concurrently or overlap, but by indicating the role was part-time, seasonal, temp or contract work, potential employers will get the picture. Example:
Responsible for delivering flowers to commercial clients throughout the metro area.
Responsible for personally transporting time-sensitive mail and parcels, primarily for the financial services industry.
Shipping & Receiving Working Supervisorresume Examples & Samples
- Supervise daily activities of shipping and receiving dock to ensure safe and efficient shipment of orders and receipt of all deliveries
- Maintain safe, organized, and clean working dock
- Efficiently utilize all given resources and provide an operation that ships customer orders on time, meets deadlines, and routinely collaborates with customer service and manufacturing to satisfy all customer expectations
- Maintain inventory records as they are shipped or received
- Maintain accurate warehouse inventory, perform cycle counting, and participate in physical inventories of warehouse and dock
- Communicate and coordinate training
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods
- Must have good computer skills Must have excellent attention to detail
- Able to learn quickly
- Able to work independently and apply common sense
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Review and act on daily reports
- Support with the day to day administrative functions
- Ensure daily activities are completed
- Support warehouse activities
- Filing, faxing, scanning and e-filing
- Work closely with the Branch Manager
- Other requests at manager’s discretion
- Previous office experience required
- Experience in a Pump Shop or Industrial Distribution business preferred but not required
Read Also: How To Put Relevant Coursework On Resume
Supv Shipping & Receivingresume Examples & Samples
- Work with G2 Operations and G1 Operations. Work with Buyers and CPMS as required
- Work with local BAERs as required
- Maintain CEC and customer hold parts waiting shipping documents
- Physical preparation of all shipments
- Receive material and store it correctly using FIFO procedures
- Keep accurate filling of receipt and shipping documentation with correct lot trace ability tags
- Keep and maintain tracking of shipping containers
- Follow all EHS policies and procedures
- Perform accurate month end inventories and understand part flow in plant and where to stock it
- Responsible for loading all production material for the assigned Production lines
- Full compliance with all employee safety and food safety laws, regulations and
- 1+ years of forklift experience and the ability to pass a forklift operation test
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving preferred
- Demonstrate a team player attitude