Really Good Objective Statements For Your Resume
Examples Of Career Objectives For Medical Professionals And Freshers:
- “Seeking a challenging role as a nurse in a hospital or healthcare clinic. Willing to work in the morning as well as night shifts and delivering quality service to patients.”
- Looking for an opportunity as a pharmacist in hospital or healthcare centres. A certified pharmacist with expertise in treating injuries and formulating personalized plans for patients.
- Experienced surgeon with 4+ years of professional experience at hospital and expertise in handling surgical injuries in stomach, intestine, and gallbladder. Willing to work both day and night shifts for the well-being of people.”
- Hard-working health professional seeking a reputable position as an examiner at the hospital. Has work experience of 3+ years and is motivated by healing people and making them feel better.
- Motivated and understanding medical professional seeking the position of dental assistant at clinic. Offering work experience of 3+ years and highly specialized in root canal and dental surgery of patients.
- A recent graduate in nursing and seeking the position of a registered nurse at a hospital, nursing home, or healthcare centre. Understanding and prioritizing patient comfort.”
- Seeking a medical position at hospital or healthcare clinic and provide highly professional assistance to the doctors as well as patients.
Dental Student Resume Objective Example
Student at the Boston University School of Dentistry looking for an opportunity to learn from more experienced oral surgeons at ABC Hospital. I have firsthand research experience with Dr. Demotta working to understand the mechanisms of dental decay in infants and I’d like to gain more practical experience alongside that.
You May Like: Resume Same Company Different Positions
Do I Need A Resume Objective
Since I wrote this extensive resume objective guide you’re reading you might think I advocate that everyone should include a resume objective on their resume. This, however, is not the case.
Remember, a hiring manager only spends on average 6 seconds reviewing your resume. Every part of your resume, then, should strongly convey why you deserve an interview.
The resume objective is the first thing the person reviewing your resume will read so if it is generic or vague, you’re better off excluding it altogether.
More specifically, you should include a resume objective if:
A strong resume objective can leave an equally strong impression on the person reviewing your resume. It will increase your chance of getting an interview regardless of your role or career-stage as long as you take the time to make it compelling.
How can you do that? Keep on reading!
Get An Objective Review
Writing an eye-catching career summary can be difficult for entry-level job seekers, but highlighting your educational achievements, skills relevant to the position, and positive attitude can help your resume stand out from the crowd. Want to make sure you’re on the right track? Get a free resume evaluation today from Monster. We can show you where your resume needs some improving so that you can start off your career strong.
Read Also: Common App Resume Example
College Student Resume Objective Example
Diligent college student at the University of Pittsburgh who is equally committed to academic excellence and service looking for an opportunity at ABC Corp as a part-time employee to utilize these talents to improve customer satisfaction.
I’m looking for an internship where I can utilize my experience with natural language processing and building web apps for non-technical users to further the mission of Coursera in democratizing education across the world.
Tailor It To The Position
Having an objective that targets the open role can significantly increase the chances of getting the hiring manager’s interest while showing you’re interested in the job. It can be helpful to craft a basic objective that you can then tailor to each position. Reread the job description and look through the company’s website to learn more about its goals and how your skills relate.
You May Like: Resume Gpa Format
Making It All About You
This is a trap that many job seekers fall into, as they cant resist to use the objective to list off all of the things that they want to get out of the position.
EXAMPLE: Hi, Im Joe Jobseeker and I really want a job in a company where I make a ton of money doing as little as possible. Oh, and a corner office. A company car would be nice too. While were at it, lets talk benefits, retirementand the company vacation policy.
Yes, were being over the top with this one, but we need you to look at this and laughbecause even a slightly toned down one where you list only what YOU want is going to come off just as ridiculous to the hiring manager as the one weve blown out of proportion.
How Do You Write An Objective
The resume objective should ideally follow the structure we already outlined , but the main thing is that it is written in the third person with a professional tone. Imagine that you are a hiring manager describing the candidate to their CEO. That is that sort of language that you should be aiming for a two-sentence professional elevator presentation.
The objective should be as relevant as possible to the role, so it is always a good idea to mirror the language of the job description and company careers page. Talking like your future employers is a great way of considering a common future from the same perspective.
Most importantly of all, the resume objective should be a personal mission statement that a candidate is intensely passionate about and proud to pursue. Making any sort of transition in a job search is hard enough, so it simply has to resonate at the deepest level. Aim high, dont settle for second best and the sky’s the limit.
Don’t Miss: How To Insert A Line In Word For Resume
Moving Resume Objective Example
Program manager making the move from the east coast to San Francisco and I’d like to make that move working for ABC Corp. 100% of the projects I’ve managed have been delivered on-time and on budget and I want to leverage that commitment to furthering ABC’s mission of empowering consumers to make smart financial decisions.
Where To Put Your Career Objective
Your career objective should serve as the entrée to a main course, that is, a concise and compelling introduction to your resume which tells employers why they should hire you over anyone else.
Most commonly these objectives are positioned after your name and personal details on your resume, before you commence detailing your education, skills and experience.
You May Like: Resume Certification Section
Examples Of Career Objectives For Marketing:
- A graduate in Sales, seeking a challenging role at ABC organisation to put my high-level expertise in negotiation to attract more customers.
- With an MBA in marketing and first-hand experience at an internship program with ABC firm, I am looking forward to working with a stable organisation and utilising my communication and negotiation skills to contribute to the growth of the company.”
- “With an experience of 5+ years at ABC organisation, I am looking forward to developing marketing plans for products and launching various sales campaigns for the benefit of the organisation.”
- Seeking the role of Sales Manager in your reputable organisation to provide sales support to various manufacturers and put my skilled expertise to use to help the organisation expand its reach.
- A resourceful individual with a marketing degree and 3+ years of experience as a sales manager, I am looking forward to exploring new areas as a digital marketer with your organisation to provide quality support.”
- Graduate in Marketing and looking for a professional work environment at your company. I plan to use my communication and English-speaking skills to drive more leads and contribute to the growth of the company.
Geographical Change Or Career Gap
Use the following format:
- Include your job title and reference the date of your relocation, or
- Include your job title and reference returning to the job market after # time.
- Describe your overall goal with reference to the companys goals.
For example: Detail-oriented administration professional relocating to Perth in August. Seeking employment as an office manager in a medical clinic. I bring 10 years experience, strong organisational skills, and social media management experience, and am looking to provide support to staff in a healthcare facility.
Another example: Results-oriented certified accountant returning to the workforce after maternity leave. Analytical and a strong problem-solver, I am seeking a position in a boutique firm as a senior accountant.
Don’t Miss: Excel Resume Skills
How To Write A Resume Objective For Freshers
Writing your career objective as a fresher can become challenging. You need to be precise in writing, and an objective should cover all your skills that will make you stand out from the others. The objective for CV for freshers is necessary to be mentioned properly.The following tips can be followed to help you write a career objective if you are inexperienced.
- Keep your objective brief and to the point. Do not elucidate and go into the details. Don’t make it too long. It should be short and precise, covering your skills, education, and work background. Keep it short yet informative.
- Mention your skills and strengths. Remember, the employer will get to know about your talents from your objective. You will want to mention the attributes that will compel the manager to hire you.
- Mention how you will be an asset to the company. Let the employers know how you will add value to their company and prove to be an asset rather than a liability. Let them know what expertise you have up your sleeve.
- Include your certifications. Inform them about your unique skills, important certifications, and degrees. If you have participated in any internship programs before, write the type of internship program along with the organisation you worked for. You can also mention your achievements during this time period. This will let them know about your qualifications and if you are fit for the job profile.
Assistant Manager Resume Objective
Highly-motivated college graduate with experience in sales and customer service. Strong leadership and communication skills. Coming with a Business Administration degree and knowledgeable enough in management. Seeking an assistant store manager position at Macys.
This is a good example for those who are recent graduates and lack work experience. To make up for it, the candidate correlates their career goals in employment with the companys best interest to show how they can benefit.
Also, theyve kept their skills specifically tailored for the role as an assistant manager and implicated the student mentality where theyre motivated and willing to learn.
Recommended Reading: Language Proficiency Cv
General Resume Objective Examples
The following 10 resume objective statements are all examples of how to write a career objective if you have 2+ years of experience in your profession:
Civil Engineer Resume Objective
A registered member of ICE and CIOB and a Civil Engineer with 4+ years of experience. Capable of working independently with minimum supervision, and committed to providing high-quality service to every project, with a focus on health, safety, and environmental issues. Professional, capable, and motivated individual who consistently performs in challenging environments. Also possess a BS in Architecture.
Related resume samples:
Elementary Teacher Resume Objective
Elementary School Teacher with 6+ years of experience managing classrooms of 20-25 students. Adept at using positive reinforcement teaching techniques to encourage student behavior and growth. Licensed teacher in state of Texas, with a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies and Special Education certificate. Looking to leverage my creativity and teaching experience to engage at-risk students.
Related resume samples:
Medical Assistant Resume Objective
Related resume samples:
Nursing Resume Objective
Related resume samples:
Retail Manager Resume Objective
Related resume samples:
Sales Resume Objective
Related resume samples:
Security Guard Resume Objective
Examples Of Good Objectives For A Resume
We have discussed the theory behind how to write a good objective for your resume. Now, here are three examples of strong resume objectives that put the above advice into practice.
Example 1 Objective: To secure a position at Company X where I can make full use of my five years experience in project management and take overall responsibility for dynamic projects.
Example 2 Objective: To land a job that maximizes my superb interpersonal and organizational skills to help Company Y achieve its key business objectives.
Example 3 Objective: To secure a position at Company Z in which I can leverage my experience in sales leadership to identify new revenue-generating opportunities.
You May Like: Cum Laude On Resume
Computer Science Resume Objective Examples
Im looking for an internship where I can utilize my experience with natural language processing and building web apps for non-technical users to further the mission of Coursera in democratizing education across the world.
Recent graduate with an MS in Computer Science looking to leverage my experience building responsive and scalable web apps to solve interesting problems that delight end-users.
Use The Right Formatting And Positioning
Are there any words, in particular, you want to stand out? Is the font choice and size in check and good to use and go? Also, is the design of this resume section clean and readable?
In fact, have you tried Enhancvs resume editor?
Our design is sophisticated yet clean and simple. Weve put a lot of thought and know-how into creating our resume builder, ensuring that your CV will look good, read well, and most importantlystand out.
Im very satisfied with the service and cant forget my managers reaction and how he was surprised and impressed with my CV I made on Enhancv.
The resume objective is one of your key highlights and sections on your resume. Therefore, the contents inside are important but so is the way its visually presented. More importantly, it shouldnt compromise other resume sections, but rather support them.
Finance Career Objective Examples
Ambitious and self-motivated individual with 4 years of professional experience, excellent knowledge of financial modeling and reporting, and working knowledge of Tally and SAP seek a position of Finance and Accounts Manager at ABC Ltd. Hold an MBA in Finance from CBA University.
Seeking a position of Junior Financial Analyst to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, where 5 years of experience, solid analytical and quantitative skills, accompanied with a strong passion for the finance industry can be put to use to enable accurate financial decision-making.
Seeking a rewarding Entry Level Financial Analyst position with ABC company to utilize learnings in financial reporting, forecasting, and planning and knowledge of accounting software.
A recent finance graduate looking for a position of Accounting and Financial Analyst to maximize learnings and experience with valuable accounting tools and systems to derive an accurate analysis of data from multiple sources.
Desirous of making a career in Financial Management at XYZ Finance Management Company to gain experience in multiple financial functions. Possess industry-recognized certifications.
Hospitality & Hotel Management
Seeking a managerial position in Hospitality and Hotel Management to maximize ____ years experience working under managerial roles in different industries and fast-paced work environments. Exceptional communications skills, superb multitasking abilities and strong interpersonal skills to build positive work relationships.
Recommended Reading: What To Put On Resume If You Have No Experience
Resume Objective Example For Part
If you are moving from a full-time occupation to part-time , it is important for the reader of your resume to see you in the desired light make your preferences clear in your resume objective.
Certified public accountant with seven years of experience in Financial Services, seeking to transition to a part-time role due to family commitments. Proficient user of remote accounting software, who will provide a reliable resource for your team.