Best 20 Business Development Manager Resume Summary Examples You Can Use
Career Summary & Examples
Hiring managers have large numbers of hundreds of resumes to screen and limited time to read them all in detail. Keep your career summary concise and to the point. Put the most relevant information first to capture their attention while theyre quickly scanning your resume.
Start your career summary with your years of experience in the industry and the main duties you performed. When deciding what duties to add, use the job description as your guide. For instance, if the job you are applying to highlights leading and motivating teams use those same words and phrases. The more your resume resonates with the job description of keywords, the better fit you will seem.
Next, add a line that showcases any outstanding qualities that will add value to the company. A hiring manager would be interested to know if you have strong networking skills, creative market penetration ideas and a flair for marketing intelligence, research, and trend analytics. Its important to note that these qualities should be proven with examples in the professional experience section to re-enforce your message.
Finally, end your objective with your educational degrees/diplomas and any certified courses or professional memberships you may have that are pertinent to the job.
Example career summaries:
Business Development Mba Intern Studioresume Examples & Samples
- Provide strategic insights and critical thinking in the Studios continuous assessment of its growth strategy, commercial activities, and product offering for content distribution
- Analyze and assess new business opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Assist in building business plans to support new ventures and recommendations
- Involvement with developing business terms and deals
- Exposure to international projects and new initiatives
- Other tasks as assigned
- MBA students who are results-oriented, entrepreneurial, self-starters with an interest in technology, new media, and product development
- Must be tech savvy and intellectually curious
- Analytical background ability to synthesize and use information to make recommendations
- Proven communication skills
- Able to secure housing and transportation
- Business development experience
- Ability to think big and work outside of existing constraints
Recommended Reading: How To Upload Resume From Iphone 6
Business Development Managersresume Examples & Samples
- Working with financial indicators to measure the credit and debit card business performance including stand-alone profit and loss statements in Latin America and the Caribbean markets
- Enhancing performance of the Credit and Debit card business by using banking operations and payment schemes, including products and services, business systems and processes
- Sales and negotiation experience with private companies, state owned entities and government institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Interpreting the results of data mining tools in order to find data driven innovative solutions to enhance the performance of card issuing banks in Latin America and the Caribbean markets and
- Experience working with the banking industry, including legal and regulatory compliance across Latin American and the Caribbean
How To Write A Business Development Resume
- Target your resume to the business environment.
Every business relies on different growth methods. Some are more important than others. If your target company relies heavily on direct sales growth, your resume should at least mention a similar experience.
Bad example: digital marketing expert for a traditional cold-calling companyGood example: digital marketing expert for a traditional cold-calling company who made cold-calling more effective through automated CRM scripts and multi-channel marketing.
- Focus on the right numbers in your BD resume.
Mentioning numbers in your resume is great, but some numbers make much more impact than others. Others can make recruiters roll their eyes. Focus on business growth results, avoid routine.
Bad example: created 10 real-time business dashboards with relevant metricsGood example: increased quarterly sales by 23% after implementing real-time user segmentation dashboards in every marketing department
- Use a resume format that engages recruiters and guides their attention.
Highlight the most compelling results by using bold text. Improve the scannability of your resume by using custom sections, bullet points, and headers. Create a custom resume layout that keeps your resume compact and guides recruiters’ attention where you want.
Recruiters will be able to view your resume even during their lunch break if your resume can be exported as a PDF and printed.
Read Also: How To Write Resume Career Objective
Risk Analyst Agrc Business Development Teamresume Examples & Samples
- To support presentation development and RFP responses for the Business Development team through research and document support
- To conduct sales analysis used in planning and sales strategy development
- To support the updating of business development tools and information sets
- To help support analysis needed for thought leadership within AGRC
- To support innovation initiatives driven by the Business Development team
- To support sales initiatives for AGRC services
- Excel and use of pivot tables required
- Presentation skills
- Ability to research companies using publicly available and internal tools
- BS degree preferably in business, risk management, or related field
- 0 to 2 years Analyst experience desired
Vp Digital Business Developmentresume Examples & Samples
- Lead Viacom Media Networks digital business development and partnership efforts in a variety of spaces, including social networking, content syndication, and audience data
- Grow awareness and presence of Viacom Media Networks businesses within the digital ecosystem
- Develop close relationships with business development, ad sales, programming, research and marketing teams across Viacom Media Networks to understand, assess, and communicate digital priorities and opportunities
- Define team objectives and ensure proper resources to meet objectives. Direct team members accountable for achieving Digital Business Development objectives
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in digital media at a media company, digital platform, or another entity
- Strong influence and relationship management skills experience working in a matrixed organization
- MBA preferred professional services experience a plus
Also Check: How To Write Experience Section Of Resume
Technology Business Developmentresume Examples & Samples
- Developing and maintaining key company and executive relationships to help drive key objectives of IT and the Firm
- Developing of a strategic partnership program for emerging companies in the computing platform, storage, social media, virtualization, mobile, big data, and network/data security sectors
- Developing insights on Morgan Stanley IT focus areas that are also relevant to clients and business development
- Managing TechBD sponsored events such the CTO Summit, Marketview and Innovation Series. These events help build strong Technology and Data and front office relationships with key and emerging technology companies
- Managing the key meetings and client requests on technology market landscape and trends
- Managing communication between vendors and Morgan Stanley, especially through executive level meeting involving the broader IT organization and banking and capital markets businesses
- Facilitating in the resolution and escalation of vendor relationship issues
- Education Level
Experience For Healow Insights Sales & Business Development Manager Resume
- Preparing annual business plans which includes budget and operational plans with Marketing Manager and Commercial Lead
- Identifying business development opportunities by building relationships with external partner organisations
- Reviewing data with an ability to articulate findings and use it to inform decision-making
- Willing to travel and enjoying interactions with a variety of people with different backgrounds and personalities
- Maximizing order intake, sales , and price realization within the region
- Maintaining superior relationships at multiple levels within accounts, including executive level both internally and externally
- Providing information flow with the related departments to reach the successful of the business estimates
- Working with Sales managers to strategically define target customers, and to design customer acquisition and retention targets per segments
- Looking for different tools, technologies and processes to deliver our messages to more farmers as well as market intelligence improvement
You May Like: When Will The Nascar Race Resume
Business Development Resume Education Example
Most business development managers possess a bachelors degree in sales and marketing, which may be required or preferred by some employers. Many have higher qualifications in relevant specialty areas, and most have been fully trained in a wide range of selling techniques. The educationsection of your resume is where this information belongs, in reverse chronological order of highest level and relevance to the position you are seeking.
Some candidates may have an abundance of relevant sales experience but lack formal qualifications. In that case, on-the-job education is important to emphasize on a business development resume. Professionalism is reflected in your desire for constant learning, so the courses listed on your resume should be recent, as well as relevant, to make a good impression.
Below is the education section from a business development resume example.
Next Create A Business Development And Marketing Manager Skills Section On Your Resume
Your resume’s skills section should include the most important keywords from the job description, as long as you actually have those skills. If you haven’t started your job search yet, you can look over resumes to get an idea of what skills are the most important.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when writing your resume’s skills section:
- Include 6-12 skills, in bullet point form
- List mostly hard skills soft skills are hard to test
- Emphasize the skills that are most important for the job
Soft skills are also valuable, as they’re highly transferable and make you a great person to work alongside, but they’re impossible to prove on a resume.
Example Of Business Development And Marketing Manager Skills For Resume
Also Check: How To Make Functional Resume
Writing Your Business Development Manager Cv
Throughout the CV writing process, its important to focus on relevancy everything you include should prove your suitability for the specific role youre applying for.
Before you hit send, make sure to do a thorough spelling and grammar check using a free writing assistant tool, such as Grammarly.
Best of luck with your next application!
Everything You Need To Write Your Business Development Manager Resume
Now that youâve seen an example of a job winning Business Development Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. Weâve included several examples common for Business Development Manager below.
Letâs start with your resume summary section.
Recommended Reading: How To Find Resume Templates In Word
Business Development Manager Resume Format
Companies will surely look at your experience. Therefore, use the chronological for your Business Development Manager resume format. The chronological should be applied to your work experience and education.
When using this format, start from your latest experience. Before writing down the details, review the job post. Identify tasks and achievements which are relevant to the job requirements. Work your way back to the earliest relevant experience.
How should you set up your resume? Follow our sample resume template for a BDM:
- Contact Information
- Personal Information
Lead Corporate Finance Business Partner Business Developmentresume Examples & Samples
- MBA or Professional Finance qualification & thorough understanding of valuing both M& A, in-license opportunities and asset disposals
- Financial modelling expertise, supported by strong quantative and qualitative analytical abilities
- At least 10 years experience either within Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical sector or equivalent banking/consulting experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong research skills & knowledge of financial market systems e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson One etc
Recommended Reading: Is My Resume Ats Friendly
Business Development Manager Job Descriptions Responsibilities And Duty Examples
An employer would expect to see the following proven foundational duties and skill sets within an applicants resume, depending on educational level and career stage.
A Business Development Manager at entry-career stage may:
- Conduct business development and execute business strategies to develop new market channels
- Develop strong relationships with sales managers, customers, and industry leaders
- Assist with branding and introducing new products to client markets
- Research to analyze competitor products and services
- Cultivate relationships with prospective new clients by introducing sales consultants to them
A Business Development Manager at mid-career stage may
- Establish relationships with potential clients and facilitate integration with partner service solutions
- Assist in marketing strategy development for national and regional divisions
- Leverage new opportunities via the execution of new business projects
- Streamline profit margins through price adjustments and cost reduction analysis.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to successfully present and promote products.
- Conduct business analysis to deploy customized solutions for prospective clients
- Represent the company at conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Facilitate service level agreements and contract negotiations
A Business Development Manager at experienced/advanced stage may:
Open With A Resume Summary Highlighting Your Business Development Experience
A resume summary tells the recruiter, in a few sentences, the top achievements from your business development career. When written well, resume summaries provide a strong start to your resume by quickly establishing you as an accomplished and qualified candidate.
In business development, you must show employers your ability to connect with others , as well as how youre able to communicate the worth of a potential business deal. The resume summary gives you a chance to highlight those abilities before the reader even dives into your actual experience section.
Heres an example of a resume summary that quickly and effectively communicates qualifications to the employer:
Innovative business development manager with 6+ years of experience in home appliances and cosmetics environments. Expanded partnerships to 10+ new regions, improving overall sales targets by 24%. Directed launch of 12 new product lines, with total annual revenue of $1.3 billion.
Also Check: How To Add Bls To Resume
Professional Skills In Sales Business Development Manager Resume
When listing skills on your sales business development manager resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there’s a list of typical sales business development manager skills:
- Solid and proven sales process management with multiyear experience selling into at least one of the following sectors
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently is required
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills ability to work autonomously with proper guidance and direction
- Strong people skills, with an aptitude for building relationships
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to Think on your feet
- Best practice solution selling techniques and an ability to translate these skills into tangible financial results quickly
Business Development Executive Directorresume Examples & Samples
- Identify prospective clients and prepare and execute a comprehensive business development plan with the objective of developing business for UBS Global AM over the medium term
- Take responsibility for a small number of client relationships, ensuring the highest levels of client service
- Develop a detailed understanding of UBS Global AM products and services and be able to represent these effectively to prospective and existing clients
- Work closely with UBS Global AM investment departments and colleagues elsewhere in the Group to target optimal clients and products
- Raise profile of UBS in the market place by, for example, participating in seminars and client functions as required and keep up to date with industry changes in the UK and elsewhere as they relate to our activities and to our clients needs. Be proactive in developing investment views and communicating those
You May Like: Do You Put Clinical Experience On A Resume
Lifecycle Services Business Development Manager Pssresume Examples & Samples
- Meeting or exceeding contract bookings, by developing profitable Long Term Service Agreements that include Performance Services Offerings
- Work with the local Sales teams to create a detailed business forecast
- Work with the local Sales and Service teams to convert qualified opportunities into contracts
- Work with Customer Value Managers to continuously improve and expand the scope of all existing services contracts
- Undergraduate degree with 10-15 years relevant experience or Graduate degree with 7-12 years relevant experience
- Strong facilitator and communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers
- Understanding and experience with Consultative Solution Selling techniques is preferred
Resume Examples & Samples
- People leader to almost 60 grads and 40 interns, providing support and guidance
- Define and promote the leadership development programs to be delivered and supported across a network of internally developed partnerships
- Manage all recruitment activities for new grad and intern programs on campus to hire top talent
- Drive awareness and participation in the program across all the Bell teams including Bell Residential, Bell Mobility, Bell Media and Customer Operations teams
- Create and present program updates to key stakeholders at regular intervals
- Build and foster strong lasting networks across the business, with program candidates and Career Centres
- Manage program logistics and activities to ensure that each candidate is well supported and engaged
- Proactively generate new opportunities and drive new program initiatives to contribute in building a continuous line-up of high quality leaders
- Act as prime contact to new interns and grads, providing guidance, coaching and support
- Conduct reporting and analytics as required
- Passion for people and development
- *** This is a temporary role for 12 months
Don’t Miss: How Far Back On Resume