Key Takeaways For A Business And Management Resume
- Align the message of your resume with the business goals of the company to which you are applying.
- The business climate is looking up, but flexibility will be key as companies realign in the post-shutdown era.
- Customize your resume to help you solve the ATS problem and to show recruiters you know what the job takes.
- Take advantage of our online resume builder to transform your text and get your job hunt moving!
Head Of Location Business Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Support the HK Location COO on Front-to-Back business and operational topics, and to ensure a continuous improvement of business processes
- Support LCOO in aligning and driving of various strategic initiatives to achieve long term growth targets in Private Banking out of the PB COO APAC Agenda
- Inter and Intra Divisional Collaboration and Cross Sharing – Collaboration and cross sharing of information with other FO and Non-FO departments to achieve alignment, synergies and effective cooperation on regional and booking centre level
- Control and Compliance – Partner with General Counsel and Business Risk Management to ensure business compliance with external and internal regulations
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in financial institution
- Solid organizational and project management skills needed to handle the coordination of multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and drive changes across the organization
- Relevant regulatory knowledge and understanding of private banking/wealth management is essential
- Analytical and confident personality with excellent relationship skills in order to interact with stakeholders across various departments
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent MS Word and Outlook skills and good PowerPoint
Specialization And Industry Experience
Since project managers are in such high demand, they can work in various industries and have a wide range of specializations.
If you’re looking for a more specialized PM role, you must highlight your experience in that specialization on your resume. If you’re looking for an I.T. project manager or technical project manager role, you should focus on your experience shepherding projects related to software.
Conversely, if you’re applying for a construction project manager role, then your experience in the field will be more valuable. Focus your resume based on the position you’re applying for, paying particular attention to the project manager job description.
You May Like: How Do You Spell Resume For A Job
Action Words To Use In Manager Resume
In order to make sure that the resume looks more promising and authentic, it is imperative to use a few wording for creating the resume. It is not that without these words, which are called Action Verbs, the resume will be discarded, but the presence of these words makes the resume all the more promising and stronger. There are definite words to use in an applicants resume depending upon the type of job. Likewise, there is a definite set of wording for a managers resume. Here are the action verbs for a managers resume:
Project Manager Resume Education
Project management is a role that requires lots of human interaction, flexibility, and creativity.And you dont learn this anywhere in school.So you might ask:Why do I need to include an education section in my resume anyway?Think of it this way:If youre the hiring manager and had to cut a list from 1000s of candidates down to a dozen ones, what would your criteria be?Youll now focus on the secondary features of the applicants.You want to hire someone who has all that, plus some relevant educational background.Your resume needs an education section. Of course, you wont detail out everything you learned since primary school. In fact, youll do the exact opposite.Youll list your highest school degree, the university or college you went to, and the duration you spent there.Check out this example:
You May Like: How To Align Dates On Resume
Head Of Digital Change & Group Change Managementresume Examples & Samples
- You will be an excellent communicator and will be expected to provide high quality presentations to a range of stakeholders. These include: the Groups Board, Regulators, Group Digital Risk Director and Managing Director for Change
- You will be a risk expert or leader in your operational field, understand change and can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of operational, compliance and conduct risks within financial services
- You will be recognised as an SME in change delivery and associated methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- You will have previous experience of change management role within financial services
- You will have detailed technical and business knowledge and understanding of Change. You will be viewed as a subject matter expert on key risk and compliance matters in this area
- You will have an established track record of maintaining strong and effective working relationships
- You will be expected to model behaviours to demonstrate the Group’s values, including that the management of risk is the responsibility of every colleague
- You must be able to learn quickly, prioritise and demonstrate an ability to deal effectively with new challenges and complexities associated with Group Digital and GCM as our business constantly evolves
- Delivering Change & Improvement
Senior Operations Manager Resume
The senior operations manager resume example has a solid summary section thatâs only one line long. This is effective as it helps the applicant stand out from the crowd. When the recruiter starts to read through the application, theyâll immediately notice the candidateâs areas of expertise.
Like all examples in the list, the ATS resume format is simple yet detailed. As you provide an explanation under each section, use bullet points to keep it concise.
In their work experience, they provide a clear highlight of their employment history and what theyâve achieved along the way. As the experience goes up, it implies the candidate can work under pressure, meet deadlines and take initiative.
Notably, theyâve also narrowed down their resume skills section to specific groups.
Read Also: Why Is It Important To Create A Strong Rsum
Gwm Risk Management Business Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Very Strong PC skills including MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Effectively handle competing priorities and have the ability to work as a part of multiple teams
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to learn complex processes that affect various functions and business units within Risk Management
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced business environment
Business Management Professionalresume Examples & Samples
- Requires bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus entry level experience or master’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q security clearance
- Experience with Oracle and/or other financial reporting systems. Knowledge of the Nuclear Weapons business area. Broad business experience in multiple disciplines
- Intermediate to expert skills in MS Excel
- Interest and ability to work as an integral part of the project team and technical team that includes a variety of engineering disciplines
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and on teams to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel, including the ability to build effective working relationships
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written formats
Also Check: What Is Summary On A Resume
How To Write A Resume Summary: Steps And Hints
Weve looked at 10 great resume summary examples above. As you begin writing a resume summary for yourself, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
How To Write A Resume Summary
So, a resume summary is a preview of some of your best work and achievements. But how do you write one without sounding like youre bragging or showing off?
Well, its simple – just follow our 3-step framework.
In your resume summary, mention:
Keep in mind, though, that you should be filling in the blanks with very specific information that is also tailored to what the company is looking for.
Sure, youre a Facebook marketer with 5+ years of experience, but why would they care if theyre hiring an accountant?
Other than that, there are several other best practices you should keep in mind when writing a resume summary:
- Make your resume summary as specific as possible. Consider rewriting it for each job ad so that its tailored to what theyre looking for
- Write your summary last. Not sure how to summarize your entire career till now? List your work experience first and then come back to the summary once youre done with that
- Include achievements over responsibilities.
- Add measurements to make your summary feel alive – consider quantifying your achievements if possible.
- Include specific skills only if theyre extremely relevant for the job. Rule of thumb, pick them up from the job description. Critical Thinking Skills or Organizational Skills arent specific enough to go in your resume summary.
Now, heres a few general examples that follow the above approach.
Heres whats done right:
Don’t Miss: How To Make Resume 1 Page
Additional Sections Of An It Managers Resume
The additional sections are always ancillary to push your CV more towards the desk of a recruiter. These sections will include languages, accomplishments and hobbies, and interests.
The secret to writing a perfect resume is that every information provided should be fruitful to your company. Adding a second language shows your ability to learn and handle multicultural meetings, your traveling as a hobby must reflect the fact that you are okay to shift to some other place to work.
Hence, even additional information must add something of value to your CV.
Add The Following Resume Parts:
Making a creative resume might be a great idea. But, a pro has to make the design.
Finally, save your resume as a PDF. Word docs can scramble even the most basic of formats.
You May Like: Can My Resume Be 2 Pages
Business And Management Summary Examples
Project Manager Resume Summary
Project manager with a proven track record of working with agile and waterfall project management methodologies. Managed 5+ teams of software projects over the past 3 years. Basic understanding of several programming languages, including Java, React, and NodeJS.
Click here for the full project manager resume example.
Business Analyst Resume Summary
Solutions-driven business analyst with over 5 years of experience in consulting businesses and analyzing their operations. Previous experience in working with Consulting Company X and Consulting Company Y. Strong understanding of digital transformation. Improved a client companys processes by taking them online, which improved manufacturing output by 3%.
Human Resources Resume Summary
HR professional with 5+ years of experience in recruitment. Worked with every part of the recruitment process, including sourcing, vetting, and onboarding of candidates. Passionate about IT recruitment, having worked as a tech recruiter at Company X. MBA from University X.
It Manager & Administrator
Computer Manager of entire college’s computer and networking system. Using OneNote to track all company asset, activities, account, plans and projects.
- Working with Developers copy of Windows 10. Will be attend classes for Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps.
- Responsible for the operation of computer software and hardware of College’s computer system
- Working with outside contractor for installing fiber into building for faster internet access
- Completing cable run to a number of classroom where network cable drops were needed.
- Responsible for Cisco Phone system in changing and assigning phones to new employees and classroom the phones are required
- Image any new computers receive into the building assigning e-mail, software and printers either networked or local. Active Directory used intensively to configure all user and equipment access.
Also Check: When Creating Your Résumé You Should
How To Describe Your Management Skills On Your Resume
- provide a full picture of the scope of your management responsibilities. How many staff do you manage? What size budget do you control? What resources do you allocate?
- quantify your achievements by using facts and figures to describe your contributions. Avoid just listing daily tasks and focus on information that makes an impact. For example: “Conducted market surveys to determine market penetration. Implemented strategy improvements resulting in an 8% increase in market share”.
- use powerful action words to describe the successful task outcomes you have achieved. You can find a list of useful action verbs at resume action words
- highlight your management competencies. Competencies that are core to successful job performance for almost any management position include planning and organizing, decision-making and judgment, delegation and motivation, problem resolution, communication and persuasiveness.
What Does A Business And Management Professional Do
Business and management professionals perform the essential functions of keeping companies running. They do everything from bookkeeping to high-level decision making. Managers run teams of employees, monitor their progress and give them benchmarks for success. A great manager helps workers do their best job and feel good about it. They recognize talent and nurture it.
Businesspeople may be entrepreneurs who turn their ideas into products or services. They may work for megacorporations in one of its many departments. There are hundreds of job titles beginning at the top with the C-Suite. Each company may write a slightly different description for its business and management jobs, so the scope of your position will vary depending on where you work.
Here are some broad categories of business function*. As a business or management professional, you may work in or oversee any of these.
*List taken from Founders Guide.
Don’t Miss: What To Put As Strengths In Resume
Human Captial Change Managementresume Examples & Samples
- Identifying business needs and assessing performance gaps and risks in order to provide insight and guidance
- Developing and delivering solutions that lift performance and adoption
- Connecting change management methodology to project management methodology in a structured, sustainable way
- College degree or equivalent substantial experience in leadership roles within HR
- 8 years of broad HR or senior leadership experience to include consulting, performance coaching and/or team building
- Knowledge and understanding of industry leading change management tools and techniques
- Demonstrate experience leading, designing and implementing organizational level change in a large and complex organization
- 5 years of project management experience on large scale initiatives
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to coach and influence others
- 7 years of experience leading large scale Change Management initiatives
- Organizational Effectiveness and /or Organizational Change experience
- Knowledge of methodologies and approaches for adaptive or behavioral change
- Change Management Training Skills
- Six Sigma Certification Helix Certification
Startup And Finance Management Consultant Career Summary Example:
Experienced strategist, entrepreneur and startup enthusiast with a passion for building businesses and challenging the status quo. 8+ year track-record of defining new business strategies, launching new ventures, and delivering operational impact, both as a co-founder and management consultant.
Why this resume summary example is good:
This summary was for a highly-talented management consultant looking to break out of finance, and into trendier tech companies like Uber. His track record and educational background were great, so the goal of this summary section was to stand out and show hes more than just the typical consultant with a finance background. So we emphasized his passion for startups, his ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. Thats something that companies like Uber and other disruptive tech companies look for.
By: Biron Clark, Founder of CareerSidekick.com.
Now you have 10 professional resume summary statements and explanations of why theyre effective. Next, Ill share tips for how to write your own in case youre still unsure how to begin based on these examples above.
Also Check: Can Your Resume Be 2 Pages
Singapore Business Management Team Leadresume Examples & Samples
- Incorporate strategic and policy development aspects of all areas of Middle Office activities through a strict compliance mindset to regulatory and DBS regulations/standards
- Oversees and provides operational framework as well as guidance on Middle Office policies between front and back office operations
- Accountable for policy recommendations, implementation and tracking of the implementation quality
- Continuous refinement of the policy and procedures, with consideration of customer feedback, productivity gain, cost saving and our competitive advantage
- Support the formulation of Investments and Insurance Sales Process Framework across different channels and work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and grow the regions business
- Assist the systems and operations teams to ensure that they support and implement the changes required by the product managers and to track the progress and resolve business issues faced
- Drive efficiency in operation and system within FPG and centrally support the department
+ Year Business Owner Resume Summary Statement:
Dynamic and motivated marketing professional with a proven record of generating and building relationships, managing projects from concept to completion, designing educational strategies, and coaching individuals to success. Skilled in building cross-functional teams, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, and making critical decisions during challenges. Adaptable and transformational leader with an ability to work independently, creating effective presentations, and developing opportunities that further establish organizational goals.
Why this is a good summary section:
This is a resume summary statement that was for a candidate returning to work after having her own business for 15+ years. Because of this, we needed to emphasize her soft skills and what she can bring to this potential position. In addition, we highlighted the skills she has honed as a business owner so that she can utilize these qualifications as a sales professional, account manager, and someone knowledgeable about nutrition, medicine, and the overall sales process.
By: Dr. Heather Rothbauer-Wanish. MBA, Ph.D., CPRW, and Founder of Feather Communications
Read Also: How To Get A Resume