Advice From A Science Specialist On How To Write A Pharma Cv
Your CV is usually the first impression a recruiter or hiring manager gets of you as a candidate so remember you are using this document to sell your skills, experience, and character to them. The past year has seen the way we work, hire, and look for jobs change but a good CV remains crucial. What has changed is what employers are focusing on.
Remote working has resulted in employers placing a renewed emphasis on a candidate’s soft skills, for example, strong communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to work off your own initiative alongside strong technical skills. Its important to highlight, and give examples of, these attributes throughout your CV.
A hiring manager’s decision on whether to proceed to the next stage of the process is based on this document and often it is the little things that influence the most. So, though it may be time consuming, make sure it is right before submitting.
Here are some simple science and pharma CV tips and tricks to help you write a great CV and show you have the skills for the role youre applying for.
Optimise Your Cv For Ai
Many large organisations now use intelligent technologies such as Applicant Tracking Systems or smart search tools as part of their hiring process. As an applicant, you can give yourself an advantage by learning how to optimise your CV for AI.
To get you started, here are three ways you can optimise your CV for AI:
Responsibilities For Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Supervisor Resume
- Experience with GMP documentation and e-CTD filing requirements
- Experience preparing minor Regulatory supplements, paper and electronic formats
- Experience with Contract Manufacturing Controls
- Ensure non-clinical and clinical bulk supply. Develop scale up/manufacturing strategies support clinical supply, technology transfer and process validation
- Previous experience of working in recruitment agency/talent acquisition environment
Don’t Miss: What To Say When Dropping Off A Resume In Person
Pharmaceutical Process Engineerresume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for performing various process engineering work functions in a manner that will provide a safe and operable plant
- Understands obligations and authority to make appropriate design decisions necessary for plant safety and operability
- Reviews the unit/plant layout for unsafe piping/equipment arrangement and for adequate access to critical valves
- The basic requirement is a chemical engineering degree
- The successful candidate will have design experience of Biotechnology, Small Molecule API Synthesis , Fill Finish, Oral Dosage Facility Design and Operation mainly gained within an engineering design offic
- Organized and adaptable with a flexible approach to Design experience
Lead Design Pharmaceutical Process Engineerresume Examples & Samples
- Identifies potentially lethal/toxic substances and designs the systems handling those substances in accordance with established Jacobs/Client procedures
- Assists in specification of any required safety systems
- The successful candidate will have design experience of Biotechnology, Small Molecule API Synthesis , Fill Finish, Oral Dosage’ Facility Design and Operation mainly gained within an engineering design office
- Chartered Engineer
Recommended Reading: How To View Resume On Indeed
Pharmaceutical Inside Sales Respiratory Representativeresume Examples & Samples
- Manage daily sales call activity according to defined expectations, with the purpose of influencing customers and discussing product conversion
- On behalf of Client, promote Client’s product via outbound telephone calls by engaging assigned HCP targets in in-depth program discussions to attain individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, etc
- Maintain call productivity and metrics that are required by program
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using effective selling, listening and negotiation skills, proper terminology and approved messaging
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Client product and program
- Verify and complete required data entry in Touchpoint CRM systems, such as details of the target’s responses and any follow-through actions
- Communicate with the District Manager, team members, and Touchpoint Client Services on project’s progress, as required
- Create and maintain a positive impression with client and client’s customers
- Participate in teleconference and live National, regional, and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National and/or local conventions when applicable
- Organizational and excellent communication skills a must
- Demonstrated team work/collaboration skills
Responsibilities For Pharmaceutical Sciences Systems It Lead Resume
- Experience presenting their work in a professional manner, and ability to take feedback and iterate on ideas in real-time
- Experience in preparation of CMC documents and performing GMP audits
- Proven track record for delivering customer value and sales results
- Strong Technical and/or Regulatory background in the Medical or Pharmaceutical Industry related to Packaging or Product protection
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting
- Develop relationships and strong rapport with all levels of Pharma account personnel while becoming a trusted advisor to your customers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Consolidates, labels and prepares the pharmaceuticals for transport to the disposal site
You May Like: What Should You Name Your Resume File
Senior Scientist Pharmaceutical Developmentresume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for designing and managing formulation development projects leading to clinical evaluation of drug delivery systems for HIV prevention and contraceptive products
- Interact with contract labs to maintain scientific quality and timeline management
- Responsible for writing and editing portions of regulatory documents including Quality
- sections of INDs, IDEs, and annual reports
- Assist in the development of new concept papers, grant proposals and other funding initiatives
- Responsible for preparing written and oral presentations and reports to enable dissemination of project plans and results to stakeholders and the greater scientific community
- Assist with specific drug development activities as needed
- Facilitate project management discussions and participate in drug development meetings
- Manage project timelines for assigned projects and assist others in creating project timelines within the product development group
- Experience in a relevant drug development/drug delivery environment ideally in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or equivalent is desired
What Kind Of Work Experience Should I Put On A Pharmaceutical Resume
If you can, keep all the work experience you include in a resume focused on your pharmaceutical experience.
The more your work history aligns with the position that youre applying for, the more that managers are going to consider you.
Try to include details about your previous roles that you believe will be useful in this new role, for example, anything that involves math skills, customer service, research, data analysis, note-keeping or chemistry.
If youre fresh out of pharmacology school or new to the pharmaceutical field, include any unpaid experience or training that you did while in school.
Also Check: Presentations On Resume
Tailor Your Cv To The Job
Customise your CV template to demonstrate how you are a perfect match for the role. To do this, you will first need to read the job description and then research the companys culture and values. Edit your education/qualifications, experience and skills section to show how your skills, achievements and knowledge align with the companys needs. By doing this, you will show an attention to detail that is sure to impress many employers.
Employment History Example Sentences
The best approach to organizing your work experience is to use reverse chronological order unless your career has taken a winding path. In that case, you may consider a functional resumeto focus on the sales skills you have developed. Because most companies use Applicant Tracking Systems to narrow the field of candidates, you should try to use the exact language within job listings when you craft your resume. Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives work to educate physicians and medical professionals on new and existing medications available in the pharmaceutical industry. You provide samples and product knowledge to physicians and medical professionals and inform them about the benefits, features, and side effects of medications.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives should understand business development, create and improve sales strategies, and strive to increase sales. You are expected to have excellent speaking and presentation skills, enabling you to clearly communicate information about products they are pushing. You must also be trustworthy and detail-oriented because you may be handling sensitive pharmaceutical samples that must be carefully accounted for. Use your Employment History Section to illuminate how you have accomplished these goals in your career. Avoid writing bullet items that describe job responsibilities. Instead, use details and data to show how what you have accomplished in your career.
See example content below.
You May Like: Typing Skills Resume
Responsibilities For Pharmaceutical Procurement Analyst Resume
- Experience with scripting languages or workflow management systems and relational databases
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Plan and/or perform installation qualifications, operational qualifications, and process validations for cGMP equipment as necessary
- Manages multiple priorities, including process and product monitoring, documentation
- Strong technical expertise in the mass spectrometry based characterization of peptides and intact proteins and knowledge of other protein-analytical methods
- Experience in product promotion and business development
- Ensure a consistent and effective recruitment process. Identify areas of opportunity in the process to add value, improve quality, customer service, etc
Director Pharmaceutical Developmentresume Examples & Samples
- Identify, assess and drive enabling technologies and device innovations to benefit AbbVies pipeline and life cycle management of marketed products
- With key stakeholders, drive streamlined processes for the development of Device/Drug combination products
- Partner, communicate and liaise with Product Strategy Teams and organizations to align project specific Combination Product/Device strategies
- Lead development of delivery device technology strategy for subcutaneous delivery of biologics
- Collaborate with AbbVies Commercial organization to develop the business case for investment in device technology platforms
- Identify, assess, and develop strategies for enhancing technologies for product ecosystems
- Lead and develop a group of engineers and scientists engaged in Combination Product development. Drive creation of processes for technology landscaping and partner selection
- Serve on joint Development and Steering Committees for partnered projects
Recommended Reading: How To Describe Leadership Skills On Resume
Responsibilities For Pharmaceutical Recruiter Resume
- Pharmaceutical Experience with another disease state specialty experience also considered
- Hospital pharmacy experience as a pharmacy technician or similar experience
- Strong commercial professional with proven ability to network at all levels within the customer organizations and in the broader marketplace
- Prior experience in pharma sales role
- Prior pharmaceutical meeting planning/sourcing experience highly desired
- Experience business experience in procurement
- Experience of operating in a highly automated environment and safe handling ofdangerous chemicals is required
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Cover Letter Template
You can use this template to write your cover letter:
My name is and I’ve worked as a pharmaceutical sales representative for . I’m very interested in the sales representative position with and believe my experiences have helped me develop skills that will make me an asset to your company. I am proficient in and .
For , I have worked as a sales representative at . In this position, I learned and . I also completed tasks like . These skills can apply directly to the work I’ll perform as a pharmaceutical sales representative at , which will help me to succeed in the position.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Please contact me at or with any further information you can offer about the position, as I think I would be a great fit at . I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Denver, CO 80014
Dear Mr. Garcia,
My name is Eleanor and I’ve worked as a pharmaceutical sales representative for four years. I’m very interested in the sales representative position with Best Meds Pharmaceuticals and believe my experiences have helped me develop skills that will make me an asset to your company. I am well versed in many pharmaceutical names and highly adept at interpersonal communication.
You May Like: How To Include Presentations On Resume
Choose The Right Format For Your Resume
As you know from your work in pharmaceuticals, organization is everything.
When it comes to resumes, the way that you organize the information on your resume is called its format.
There are three main resume-format types: chronological, functional and hybrid.
The main difference between the three formats is where the primary focus is placed on your resume, whether its more weighted toward your skills or toward your work history.
Chronological formats work best for pharmaceutical employees with years of experience because they put the emphasis on roles youve held, duties youve performed, and show a career progression. For candidates with more than five years experience, this should be your selected format.
However, if youre fresh out of pharmacology school or transferring from a different industry, you should choose a different format that is a better fit to your experience level.
Functional formats put greater emphasis on your skills and education which takes attention away from your relative inexperience. If you have less than two years experience as a pharmaceutical professional, this format is ideal.
A hybrid format is a combination of the functional and chronological formats and gives a more even balance between your work history and skills. If youve worked for more than two years in pharmaceuticals, but less than five total, use this format.
Tips For A Winning Resume In Sales R& d And Management
Today, there are currently an estimated 287,000 people employed by the medical device and pharmaceutical industries, according to figures by the United States Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Bill Lawhorn, a staff economist for the United States Department of Labor at the bureau, says these industries are expected to shrink slightly over the next decade, meaning an increase in competition for these jobs.
Whether you are breaking into pharmaceutical sales, desire a position as a research and development engineer, or you want to move up to management in medical devices, here are some tricks of the trade from experienced resume writers and experts who specialize in these industries. With these tips, you can freshen up your resume like a pro and beat out your competition!
Tips for the Sales Resume
1. Include Your Target Title
Always include the job title or position you want on your resume and bold it. Human resources persons typically scan resumes and this is one of the first things they look for. Include the specific title or position you are targeting such as Sales Representative, Field Representative, or Customer Service Representative rather than a general title. This is particularly important if you are new to the pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
2. Tailor Your Sales Resume
3. Nix the Objective
4. Lead with Numbers
5. Feature Relevant Classes & Training
6. Boast About Your Relationships
7. Tell Your Individual Career Story
8. Tout Your Applicable Skills
Read Also: How To Say Resume In Spanish
Skills For Pharmaceutical Recruiter Resume
- Demonstrate a strong track record of successful project delivery, authoring reports and presenting research projects/scientific data
- Proven expertise in building strong relationships
- Work effectively in territory team, contributing to team success
- Work effectively within the territory team, contributing to team success
- Proven ability to identify talent and experience mentoring professionals within a dynamic, high performance environment
Curriculum Vitae For The Pharmaceutical Industry
One of the first steps to building a career in the pharma industry is to write a curriculum vitae that reflects your skills. Depending on your needs, you can draft one from scratch or use a CV template. What matters most is to understand what prospective employers are looking for and then tailor your application to the job. This will not only give you a competitive edge but also allow you to get past applicant tracking systems.
Note that prospective employers may request a resume, a CV or both. A curriculum vitae is typically required for jobs in the medical field, research or academia, and it tends to go more in-depth than a resume. Both documents are organized chronologically and have similar sections. In some countries, the terms CV and resume are used interchangeably.
Recommended Reading: Putting Your Address On Your Resume
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialistresume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for positioning AstraZeneca as a leader in Oncology commitment through development of long term relationships with Key Customers
- Work with RAD and District Sales Managers to develop and direct sales strategies at key accounts assigned in the territory
- Develop and direct sales strategies at key accounts assigned in the territory
- Develop and implement clinical sales presentations to groups of healthcare personnel during medical meetings, and the general public in health fairs and support groups
- Experience selling and knowledge of Oncology products or diseases preferred. Breast and lung cancer drug sales experience strongly preferred for Oncology positions
- Demonstrated clinical selling skills
Thailand Future Leaders Programme Pharmaceuticalresume Examples & Samples
- Bachelors Degree Equivalent in Pharmaceutical, Bio Medical Sciences, Business Administration or Sciences. Masters degree is a plus
- No more than 2 years post graduate work experience
- Strong professional skills and good academic results
- Analytical skill, drive change, influencing skill and commercial awareness
- Location mobility is required and must be able to travel
- Fluent in Thai and English
Recommended Reading: How Do I Update My Resume On Linkedin
Scientist Within Bioprocess Pharmaceutical Developmentresume Examples & Samples
- You lead and coordinate pharmaceutical development activities for parenteral dosage forms of NBEs and Biosimilars
- Within the respective CMC Team you represent DP development and lead intermittent or support the multidisciplinary DP sub-team
- According to project objectives, timelines and cost you ensure delivery of DP work packages and project support
- Moreover, you ensure delivery of high quality data, presentations and reports including required documentation for regulatory filings
- Excellent communication to stakeholders and excellent interaction and collaboration with interfaces is ensured by you
- You identify, evaluate and implement new technologies for formulation and process development or related protein analysis including supervision of students
- You contribute to laboratory team capability development, process improvements and & #96 BI safe& #96 concept
- You enable and support lab team in detailed planning, execution and interpretation of experiments