How To Upload An Existing Resume On Careerbuilder
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 24,079 times.Learn more…
CareerBuilder is one of the premier job-hunting sites in the U.S. Almost everyone has a resume already prepared when they begin a job search. A person looking for work understands the importance of knowing how to properly upload an existing resume on CareerBuilder.
Find Relevant Job Portals For Your Role
To minimize time spent sourcing candidates through job portals, you need to look in the right places. We work remotely brings remote workers and employers closer together, whereas Mogul is the place to attract more women for tech roles. If youre offering paid internships, check out Way Up. You might find local job portals useful when you want to search in a limited geographical area. For Greek candidates, you should check out Skywalker, in Ireland, use;IrishJobs.;Job seekers in Australia prefer Seek and Cadremploi publishes job opportunities in France. Its best to research and test different portals, according to your specific needs. You should experiment and track your results to identify those sources that bring the most qualified candidates.
When To Use Indeed
- Automated declines: To help you manage time and prevent applicants from slipping through the communications cracks, you can set Indeed to automatically decline candidates. You set a time frame, and if youve not taken action on the candidate after that time, Indeed sends a polite note to say that you are not interested in them at this time.
- Skill assessments: While CareerBuilder has a wider range of assessments, Indeeds skills testing feature is more straightforward and easier to use. You can find skills assessments when editing a job. It recommends three topics based on the job or you can choose your own from its list. Each topic comes with questions to test the skill.
Skills tests are easy to create in Indeed.
Don’t Miss: How To Put Cum Laude On Resume
What Is An Ats Compliant Resume
What Is an ATS Compliant Resume? An ATS resume is a document created in a way that lets the applicant tracking system parse the application with ease. The formatting is simple and easy to scan. ATS-friendly resumes also contain keywords that match the job ad, highlight relevant work experience and professional skills.
Why Indeed Is Best For Applicants
- Multinational: Indeed is available in about 30 languages to reach a diverse, worldwide job-seeking audience. CareerBuilder is focused on nine nations.
- Job tools: Indeed offers articles on the job market, salary analysis, career advice , and more. It has a section for certifications and schools for job seekers who want to better themselves. CareerBuilder has an advice site, mostly composed of articles.
- Events: It also has live and webcast events that connect job seekers and employers. CareerBuilder does not have events.
- Mobile app: Indeed has an extremely popular mobile app, with millions of users. It lets seekers search and apply for jobs, post resumes, follow companies, and even track the status of multiple applications.
Indeeds mobile app lets applicants view jobs, apply, research companies, and more.
Don’t Miss: What Tense Should A Resume Be In
Why Indeed Is Best For Job Posting
- Reach: Indeed offers a greater reach than CareerBuilder, with over 250 million unique visitors each month. It operates in over 60 countries and in 28 languages. If you want to cast a wide net, this is the venue for it.
- Newsletter outreach: Indeed sends out newsletters to job seekers with new job alerts in the areas they are interested in. People request these newsletters, so you know you are reaching an interested audience in your area. CareerBuilder lets you create your own, or you can pay to have them send out alerts.
- Company page: You can create a company page with Indeed that lets job seekers learn more about your company and what it offers. Indeed also offers advanced customization plans that include reviews, Q&A response, rich media, and more.
- Collaboration with Glassdoor: In July 2020, Glassdoor and Indeed joined forces, so that you can now post job ads to Glassdoor through Indeed while being able to access reviews and ratings from Glassdoor. CareerBuilder does not have this option.
Indeed offers job description templates and examples.
Find A Job That’s In Demand:
CareerBuilder unveils Quick Apply All feature to simplify application process
Debra Auerbach | February 24, 2016
“Quick Apply All” is a new, time-saving feature from CareerBuilder, which allows you to apply to multiple jobs at once.
Avoiding the job search black hole: CareerBuilders Application and Resume View Notifications
Debra Auerbach | March 29, 2016
Find out how CareerBuilder is helping to ensure that job seekers have more transparency into the application and hiring process.
How to destress your job search
CareerBuilder | April 14, 2021
From what to include on your resume to the tools you need, heres how to get rid of stress in your job hunt.
Sample cover letter for automotive technicians
CareerBuilder | May 8, 2021
This quick, easy and FREE cover letter sample will get you started in your job search . Simply insert your own skills and experien…
9 incredible employee perks that really exist
From free booze to on-site massages, check out nine of the most incredible employee perks that actually exist in todays workplace.
Also Check: Wpm On Resume
Posting To Careerbuilder Using Workable
If you are a recruiter or HR team member looking to post jobs across many different job boards, the prospect of going through and posting on each one individually is overwhelming. With Workable, you can save your time and energy by using our seamless CareerBuilders integration.
Workable can post your job simultaneously across up to 200 of the major job boards with no hassle. Once you start receiving responses to your job listing, Workable can sort and prioritize your candidates, freeing up valuable time for what really matters.
How Do I Delete My Resume From Careerbuilder
You may also delete your account, including your Personal Information and any resumes, from our resume database at any time by logging in to your account and making an account deletion request. Deleting your CareerBuilder account will remove your Personal Information and resumes from our resume database.
Also Check: What Does An Actor’s Resume Look Like
How To Post A Job On Careerbuilder:
Scroll down and click on the package you wish to purchase.
Enter your payment details.
Sign in or fill in your company name, email, and payment details to create an account.
Follow the prompts to be redirected to a job posting form that you’ll need to fill in. Don’t forget to preview and submit your job posting.
How Do I Search For A Resume On Careerbuilder
How to Search for Candidates in Resume DatabaseAccess the Resume Database one of two ways: Once you are on the Search page, fill in the following fields: Click the plus sign next to Show Additional Search Options to enter additional search criteria for categories such as Salary, Education, and Experience.When you are finished entering your criteria, click Search.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Ged To Resume
When To Choose Indeed
We recommend Indeed for budget-minded employers casting a wide net, or those that have intermittent or seasonal hires. Since Indeed is free to post and search resumes, you can use it as little or as much as you need without obligation and invest in job promotions only when needed. You can even use Indeed in addition to other recruiting software. Even so, it reaches a huge international audience of job seekers who are motivated to find work in their fields.
Careerbuilder News: Free Resume
CareerBuilder | October 14, 2020
A new tool from CareerBuilder helps you build your professional job-search documents, including resumes, cover letters, thank-you notes and reference pages.
As a job seeker, youve likely been there: Sitting in front of a computer, a blank screen staring back, with the daunting task of writing your resume in front of you. In order to continue avoiding the task at hand for as long as possible, you spend 30 minutes watching funny cat videos and looking at a slideshow of what the Game of Thrones characters look like in real life.
Youre feeling stuck, because the pressure is on to make this something that not only passes the applicant tracking system test but catches the eye of the HR manager and gets you to the next hiring round. Well, bookmark those cat videos for later, because weve got a new product for you CareerBuilder’s free resume-building tool that will rescue you from your resume writers block.
So, what is it exactly?
This new tool from CareerBuilder helps you build your professional job-search documents, including resumes, cover letters, thank-you notes and reference pages.
How does it work?
It requests some information from you regarding your experience and education, and turns it into a resume or other job-search document.
First, you start by registering for a free account. Then, you create a profile by providing details such as contact information, goals and skills.
How do I get it?
How much does it cost?
Read Also: What Is A Good Typing Speed For Resume
Why And How To Share Resumes And Other Hiring Docs As Links
CareerBuilder | January 29, 2021
Increase your file-sharing security, reliability and convenience across today’s various messaging platforms
Attachments are one of the most useful functions of email.
Did you know they were originally invented by a researcher who dreamed of receiving pictures of his grandchildren by email?
The extension he and his fellow researcher wrote back in 1992, called the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension, is still in use today every time you attach a document to your email.
The ubiquity of email attachments, however, unfortunately makes it a popular target for scammers, spammers and outright bad actors. But if you know a few tips and can identify and mitigate the risks below, you will dramatically increase your online security both in email and in other messaging systems you use in your job search.
“Some characteristics that make email attachments convenient and popular also make them a common tool for attackers,” says the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency , listing the following reasons:
For these reasons, many organizations place advanced filters and restrictions on their email systems, which can cause delayed delivery or an outright block of your email with your important resume and other hiring docs attached.
Not to mention how much easier it is to share your documents on the go from your mobile device.
Here are some of the popular options.
How Can You Tell If A Candidate Has Potential
5 Signs That a Job Applicant Has a Lot of Potential
Also Check: When Will Corvette Plant Tours Resume
Why Careerbuilder Is Best For Applicant Tracking
- Job posting and customized emails: You can send branded emails to applicants to invite them to interview, request background checks, and even invite passive job seekers to apply. You can send bulk emails too. Notices can also be sent to an applicants mobile device, and the app allows them to respond, fill out forms, and sign documents on their phone. Indeed has some communications tools, but not as many.
- Screening: While both Indeed and CareerBuilder have pre-screening questions, CareerBuilders Employment Screening lets you order background checks or drug screening. Invites are sent to applicants who fill out state-specific forms that keep you on the right side of the law. You can track progress on these through the app or your integrated ATS.
- Additional documents: CareerBuilder offers document management as part of its applicant tracking. It lets you create and save documents such as W4s, I-9s, offer letters, and other documents a candidate needs to review, fill out, or sign.
Note on cost: CareerBuilders applicant tracking system is an add-on to its job posting tools. Contact CareerBuilder for a quote.
Once you add documents, you can make them part of your hiring workflow.
Why Indeed Is Best For Resume Search
- Free search: Indeed has over 175 million resumes you can search, with over 6 million being updated or added each month. You can conduct as many searches as you like and as often as you like.
- Excellent search tools: In addition to keyword search, you have over 25 filters to help you narrow down candidates, including a sliding scale for distance from the place of employment, as well as availability, experience, military service, and even how many Indeed assignments theyve taken in the past. CareerBuilders filters are not as numerous or simple.
- Inexpensive advanced plan: At $250/month, Indeeds advanced plan is cheaper than CareerBuilder, but still lets you view unlimited resumes. It limits how many you can contact in the system, but if you only have a few positions to fill, 30 or 100 candidates may be plenty for your needs.
Indeed says that 20% of its users who update their resumes dont search for a job.
Recommended Reading: How To Update Resume On Linkedin
Update Your Account Information
While you are looking for your resume, take the time to update your online career-related accounts. You never know when you might need them in the future. If you have a , update it with your latest employment information.
If you have an online version of your resume, and you want to keep the account, make sure that all the information is current.
Put Your Company On The Map
Effective sourcing also means that candidates can easily find companies that are hiring. Job portals offer spaces for advertising: they usually put special banners for companies with current openings. In addition, they highlight job postings from premium accounts. On Glassdoor, candidates find both job ads and information about companies they consider applying to. You should aim to promote your company through Glassdoor to boost your employer brand. Eventually, youll encourage more candidates to consider your job opportunities.
See how you can post to Multiple job boards with ease.
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Resume With Microsoft Office 2010
Excel With These Hr Tools
Do you want to step up your companys human resources practices? You can save a ton of time and money by going with online services to help you with onboarding, employee management, time tracking, payroll and many other necessities. Be sure to check out our best HRIS system reviews and our best payroll software reviews.
What tips do you have for finding the best job applicants?
Choose A Pricing Plan
Though they do offer a free demo, CareerBuilder does not have a free trial for employers. In order to post your job, youll have to choose a pricing plan. Prices range from cost per job listing to a monthly or annual fee. Once you pay, youll have access to empty job listings for you to fill out and post.
You May Like: Upload Resume In Linkedin
Free Resume Databases For Employers: Search For Quality Candidates
We all want something for free but, as the adage goes, often you get what you pay for. So, what is a recruiter with lofty goals and a meager hiring budget to do? Look for free resume databases for employers, of course!
These often massive repositories give savvy sourcers the chance to expand their search beyond just those whove responded to their job posting, and they can also be great resources for building out a talent pipeline for future hiring.
When it comes to evaluating the integrity of a free resume database, the first thing to look for is a created on date that will let you know when the resume was posted. This indicates whether the jobseeker was looking for work in 2017 or in 2007. Second, the free resume database should be high-volume, with thousands, if not millions, of resumes available for viewing at any given time. And, finally, finding a database that ensures relevancy matching will ensure that even rookie recruiters can find the best candidates fast!
While many websites advertise that they offer free resume search, do be mindful that most then try to hook you into paying for the service by withholding important information or making it impossible to contact candidates. Weve come up with a list of 9 free resume databases for employers that will lighten your workloadand your wallet.
Are Online Jobs Real
There are thousands of real online jobs available to make some quick money. Most college students are willing to work online to earn some money in their free time instead of wasting their time on Facebook chats. There are thousands of websites that promises to pay money, but in the end they seem to be a spam.
You May Like: What Is A Good Typing Speed For Resume
How To Choose The Best Resume Database For Your Needs
There are countless resume databases on the internet, so it can be tough to find the best one for your companys recruiting needs. In general, heres what you should look for when evaluating a resume database:
Resume pool – how many resumes does the database have?
Search capabilities – can the system handle keyword and Boolean searches?
Result filtering and sorting options – can you easily pare down search results?
Sorting and notes features – can you organize and manage resumes within your account?
Candidate contact abilities – how easy is it to reach out to candidates?
General ease of use – is the system user-friendly?
Price – does the service provide a good value, and does it fit into your budget?
Customer service – how easy is it to get help when you need it?
You may have to try several resume databases to discover which one is ideal for you. Be sure to keep notes on file to remember your experience with and impression of each website.