The Full Stack Developers Resume Guide For 2022
Here are our most important resume guidelines we recommend all job seekers follow for a significantly better shot at getting invited for an interview.
Hereâs what weâre going to cover in this guide:
- How to properly format your resume for success in 2022
- How to talk about your work experience and personal projects
- How to create a competitive skills section
- How to customize your resume for each job you apply to
Solution: Start With A Resume Layout
Youve three standard resume layouts to select from:
- Clear and legible 12p resume font size
- Use 10 resume margins – thats default for a great resume design
- Use a one-page templateresume length if youve got less than 10 yrs of experience Otherwise, opt for a two-page resume
- Pay attention to your resume spelling – dont lose your interview chances on a technicality
- Save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiter.
Check out the most obvious reasons your resume gets rejected – our top 14 resume mistakes.
But, a format alone isnt going to get you the job.
Writing a good Stack developer resume header
Honestly, a full stack resume header needs just 4 critical things that it should have:
- GitHub, NPM or Stack Overflow links
- Personal blog link
While this may seem like a tiny detail, this actually helps you connect with the right employer.
When you add a personal blog or a portfolio link, you help them dive into a bit more about you.
Else, your resume will be scanned and evaluated in less than 6 seconds.
Jeff Atwood of Stack Overflow once wrote that
If your Stack Overflow reputation is less than 125, and youre a developer, you bring shame to your family
Thats how important those links really are to a hiring manager.
Here are a few full stack resume samples that show you the difference.
Skills For Full Stack Java Developer Junior Resume
- Present English language skills on upper-intermediate+
- Have strong work experience with
- Proven experience with relational databases SQL, and stored procedures
- Effectively collaborate with product owners, developers, and other quality professionals in all phases of the development process
- Strong multi-year experience with Java EE full-stack development
- Commitment to quality and ability to multi-task effectively
- Experience with agile development processes or specific knowledge/experience ith scrum
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop. Ionic experience a is preferered
You May Like: Should References Be On Resume
Java Full Stack Developer Resume Sample For Professional Experience
For more tips on this section, read our Resume Professional Experience Section Guide to master the art of perfecting this section.
Remember that this section is the legs on which your resume stands.
When following all the rules of resume writing for this section, you will succeed at curating an impeccable professional section as perfect as this java full stack developer resume sample:
Find out if you’re curating your resume the right way.
Get dedicated feedback on the flaws of your existing junior or senior java full stack developer resume and learn what you can do to reverse it.
You can even create a resume to turn your java part time jobs into a full time job.
Give your resume the chance to stand out with expert help from our Resume Strategists using our Resume Review Guide.
Resume Writing Tips For Full Stack Developers
Its time to get to work on an outstanding resume that will make all the other candidates look like amateurs. But before you start following our full stack developer resume examples, we have some additional suggestions that will make your full stack developer resume even better.
Tip #1: Optimize the space you have by adding only relevant or unique information
Ensure that your resume doesnt fall flat by adding information you know no other applicant has thought of. Avoid crowding your sections with outdated full stack courses or work experience that didnt necessarily add value to your developer career. You only have one or two pages to say what you want. Make sure to use them wisely.
Do you want to add a pastime thats related to the full stack developer position youre applying for? Go for it! It will undoubtedly make your resume a lot more memorable. When its time to make decisions, the hiring manager will think about that one full stack developer applicant who stood out from the crowd.
Tip #2: Help your potential employer visualize your biggest achievements by backing them up with numbers
Reporting data on your most significant work accomplishments is more likely to keep recruiters engaged. Itll provide them tangible evidence of your experience and get them more curious to meet you. Hiring managers will be more inclined to interview an applicant who already showed their value and what theyre capable of accomplishing.
And not so much like this:
Recommended Reading: Where Do References Go On A Resume
Java Full Stack Developer Resume: 2022 Guide With 20+ Resume Samples
Looking for a Java full stack developer resume?
To land a job as a full-time Java Full Stack Developer in a top organization, you need to perfect your resume!
Making an impeccable resume from scratch may seem overwhelming at first, but once you get the formula right, nothing can stop you from perfecting it.
In this blog, we have shared our secret sauce to help you curate an impeccable java full stack developer resume. Our goal here is to simply give you the resume help you need and get you shortlisted for your dream job.
Here’s a quick summary of our Java Full Stack Developer Resume 2021 Blog:
- Add a link to your GitHub account or digital portfolio to include relevant information that didn’t fit in the resume.
- Read the java full stack developer job description carefully while picking up keywords for your java full stack web developer resume.
- Present all locations in your resume in the city & state code format. Example: ‘New York, NY’
- Add a project section to highlight your key contributions and technical knowledge.
- Get new certifications such as Certified Full Stack React Developer to up skill.
That’s not all.
Our blog will assist you in making an impeccable java full stack developer resume by answering the following questions:
Our Resume Builder comes with a pre-designed java full stack developer resume template with perfectly optimized sections.
Skills For Full Stack Java Developer Mid Resume
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills on highly complex problems technical agility
- Strong knowledge and experience with web Frameworks, and programming languages
- With strong core Java/J2EE server side hands on development experience including concurrency, JMS & JPA
- A strong eye for good design and testing to build assurances into the development lifecycle
- + Strong unit testing experience
- Experience with Spring framework and experience with JPA
- Strong experience in Java, J2EE, spring, hibernate, SOAP & REST
- Strong experience in Java development
- Strong experience with REST API and Web Services
Recommended Reading: Microsoft Word Resume Templates Free
Optimize The Professional Experience Section To Showcase Your Expertise
The professional experience section is by far the most important section of your java full stack developer resume. Here’s why:
It communicates your career trajectory & outlines the roles & responsibilities that you have executed for different organizations over the years.
Based on this information, a recruiter or hiring manager will make a judgment call on your suitability for a job. This is why this section is so important. You need to perfect it at all costs.
Here’s our curated list of the top things to do while curating this section:
- Tip #1: Use one-liner points
- Tip #2: Use the STAR format
- Tip #3: Use Grouping & Highlighting
Experience For Full Stack Java Developer Mid Resume
- Experience in Spring Web MVC, Spring REST
- Hands-on experience on Spring modules like Core, MVC, Spring Boot etc
- Production experience designing and architecting high availability enterprise software
- Experience in using automated unit testing methods preferably for Angular 2.0+ applications
- Experience with Unix, Ctrl-M and batch processing
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three development frameworks
- Experience designing and developing microservices
- Good understanding of database technologies, including Oracle and/or SQL Server
Skills For Senior Full Stack Java Developer Resume
- Strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Good communication and client-facing skills
- Motivated self-starter and team-player with strong problem solving and analytical skills
Shortlisting Full Stack Java Developer Resumes: The Drill Of Sourcing With Facts
The demand for tech professionals continues to grow each year, but the supply doesnt keep up. In fact, anIndeed survey reported that 86% of IT recruiters find it difficult to hire technical talents.
The limited pool of available talents with the right academic background, professional skill sets, and adequate soft skills are the biggest reasons why IT recruiters are not able to find candidates that match their job requirements. There may be plenty of applications you receive from your job board but you might struggle to find candidates who have the expertise that you need.
A lot of candidates also lack formal IT education. While looking through full stack java developer resumes, you will notice that a lot of candidates do not have a sound educational background. But, owing to the ongoing talent crunch and skill gap, it is mostly recommended to prioritize skills-first hiring.
Yet another challenge is that your company needs to stand out from the competitors. When it comes to java developer jobs, we are facing more demand and less supply. Candidates have a lot of options which means your company needs to stand out so that candidates prefer you over the competitors.
While looking for the right java developer can be overwhelming, you can make things a tad bit easy by having a look at their work portfolio.
Youll be able to find relevant information such as checking the type of code they use or screenshots from applications they created.
Who Is A Full
An engineer or developer who works on both the front end and the back end of a website or application is called a full-stack developer. They may handle projects involving databases, APIs, or designing user-facing websites, as well as interacting with clients during development.
A full-stack developer is not a back-end or front-end developer, but someone who is proficient in both. In addition to developing the front-end and back-end, he ensures the applications efficiency, reliability, and other critical features. With their versatility and time management skills, they can assist at all levels of website or application development. They are also familiar with UX/UI design, web servers, and databases.
Experience For Senior Lead Full
- Scala or Java 1.8 functional programming experience writing business level code
- Extensive experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot
- ) Spring Framework – Needs to have a good understanding of design patters, SpringBoot etc
- Hands on experience in designing and developing complex digital systems and Applications
- Thorough understanding and experience in Object Oriented Programming, relational/ non-relational databases and enterprise system architecture
- Experienced in working on a variety of complex, high-scale systems in a commercial setting
- Experience in Web Frameworks – Spring MVC, Spring Core, JSON, XML, Integration with RESTful WebServices
- Experience with automated testing using Selenium
- Hands-on experience with full stack java development with an emphasis on using Spring Frameworks and ORM
Don’t Miss: How To Write An Effective Resume
Resume Examples & Samples
- Spring Core , Spring IOC , Spring MVC , Spring AOP , Spring Security , Apache Wicket 6.x, Apache POI
- JPA/Hibernate, JPQL, SQL, PL/SQL
- JNDI, JMS, Apache ServiceMix, Apache Camel, Apache CXF, WSDL, SOAP and REST web services, JavaMail
- Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Weblogic
- Take role in application design, development, and code reviews,
- Document application specifications,
- Have an inquisitive and creative nature and take the opportunity to develop their business analysis skills whilst in this role
- Stakeholder/Business facing responsibilities
- Must have 6+ years experience as an Application Developer
- Experience working with business community, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong listening, consultative, influencing, negotiating, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- UI development experience with knowledge in HTML/JS frameworks
- Proficiency in Java with strong experience in design, development and testing of web based systems
- Understanding of Agile development, object oriented analysis and design, design patterns
- Good understanding of development tools: source code control software automated build , automated testing
How To Describe Your Full Stack Developer Experience On Your Resume
Ok, so weve looked at the resume summary.
Lets now talk about the part of the doc that recruiters are really interested in.
A full stack java developer resume needs to demonstrate a good mix of hands-on work.
This might involve using examples of programming languages, project management, and working cross-functionally with frontend and backend.
Wherever possible, use statistics, budget numbers, and other measurable results that you achieved.
This will help the recruiter see that you can bring serious benefits to their company.
Get specific with roles and responsibilities for a full stack developer resume that you mention in the experience section.
Of course, this will look quite different if youre writing a full stack developer intern resume compared with a senior full stack developer resume sample.
When handling an entry-level full stack developer resume you might have to get creative.
You wont have as much in-person work experience at this stage of your career.
Instead of listing only jobs, consider other possible sources of hands-on work up to now.
This might include internships, college projects, or even personal projects.
The most important thing however is to only use relevant examples.
Dont worry about part-time jobs that have little to do with programming or web architecture.
The recruiter is only really interested in jobs where youve actively done practical work in web development.
You May Like: What To Say In An Email With Your Resume
Education On A Full Stack Resume
In this section, you can showcase your education credentials. So, you can include any information technology or computer science degrees youve obtained, even if theyre not entirely relevant for a full stack developer position. You can also include any courses that youve completed.
With this section, you will typically add the name of the degree or qualification, the college name, and the location. Under that, you can add the completion date.
When writing the section, there are a few things to keep in mind. For one, you could consider listing your degrees first and then the courses youve completed. Also, when listing your education, you should do it in reverse chronological order just as you did for your work experience.
Another thing to consider is where youll place the education section in your resume. Although weve listed it after your experience, you could consider listing it above your experience, especially if you dont have a lot of experience yet.
Customize Your Java Developer Resume
To land that coveted Java developer role, customize your resume for every job to which you apply. This means tailoring your Java developer resume to meet the job description. Your objective, experiences, and skills should be hand-tailored to precisely reflect the job description of the position you’re seeking.
Read Also: How To Do A Resume For Free
Tailor Your Full Stack Developer Resume To The Job Post
One of the best ways to stand out from the competition is to include information from the job listing in your resume. Hiring managers will be impressed with your skills even more when you highlight those mentioned in their listing.
While full stack developer positions generally have uniform requirements, companies almost always state information about particular projects or teams youd work on, or what the company itself does outside of their software developer needs.
To do this successfully, mention any of the following in your resume:
- Programming projects youve worked on relevant to the companys goals
- Technical skills you have that are mentioned in the job posting
- Personal qualities that align with the companys philosophy
Cover Letter For Full Stack Web Developer
In case the job description says you need to provide a cover letter, do include yours. Otherwise, you can always leave it out.
Nowadays, job application forms include questions like why do you want to work here, or explain why youre the best fit for us, which makes you wonder are cover letters really necessary?
Still, they help you tell your story in a way that, if written right, its captivating and engaging.
In any case, you should pay close attention to the following tips when a cover letter is a must:
- Use a proper cover letter ending
If you need more inspiration for a full stack developer cover letter, check out this Full Stack Cover Letter example.And, surprisingly, that’s all what you need to make the best full stack engineer resume.
Read Also: How To Send Resume In Messenger