Entry Level Case Manager Resume Objectiveexamples
Hard-working social work office clerk with 2+ years experience working with adult clients and families. At the Stepping Stones Center, coordinated fundraiser with various community agencies that raised $12,000+ while completing 1215 reports each quarter. Seeking opportunity to help Arboretum Health extend its capacity without compromising on client care.No experience working as a case manager, but quite experienced in the administrative side of things. Looking for a higher salary as well as better benefits.
A lack of experience does not mean that you have nothing to offer.
The first example is focused on what the candidate can offer, not what they expect to get from the new employer. Any recruiter would see value in a candidate who introduces themselves in this way.
Writing the perfect resume profile can be tough, especially if you dont have the right data to work with. So, if youre still staring at a blank page, leave your profile for now and come back to it later
Itll be much easier once you have your job description and skills sections done.
Key Takeaways For A Case Manager Resume
- The skills you have nurtured as a case manager will help you write an impressive summary section.
- The demand for case managers is growing quickly because of an aging population and the pandemic, but this career can be emotionally and physically draining.
- Choose your words carefully: Personalize to avoid filtering by the ATS.
- Take the pain out of formatting by using our online resume makerand get those job applications out faster!
Case Manager Job Market And Outlook
An aging population and the pandemic have created an explosion in the need for case managers. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics does not break out case managers, but projects the market for social and community services managers will leap 17% by 2029. In the same timeframe medical and health services managers job are expected to skyrocket 32%.
In this physically and emotionally demanding job, income depends on experience, education and certification. The typical salary range for a case manager is $78,284-$91,829 with a median of $84,738, Salary.com reports. As demand rises, case managers may get the upper hand when it comes to negotiating for better pay and conditions.
Recommended Reading: How To Write An Effective Resume And Cover Letter
Maintain A Neutral Tone
When writing your case manager resume objective, try to maintain a tone that’s consistent with the rest of your resume. Remaining objective while listing your qualifications and skills can help you demonstrate your professionalism. Employers often appreciate this quality, as it reveals that you have clear communication skills and can advocate for clients in serious matters. While your case manager resume objective is an opportunity to express your professionalism, remember that it doesn’t have to consist of complete sentences. Employers often prefer objectives that are brief and contain as much relevant information as possible.
Review The Job Description
Aspiring case managers often submit the same resume to multiple employers. If you want to differentiate yourself from other candidates, consider reviewing each job description and creating unique resumes. You can make slight adjustments to your resume objective to highlight how you would be a good fit for that specific role. For instance, one job description might highlight the paperwork aspect of the role. This information can help you create a compelling resume objective that emphasizes your attention to detail and organizational skills. If another job description focuses on the candidate’s ability to manage conflict, your resume objective might focus on your interpersonal skills.
Related:How To Become a Case Manager at a Hospital and What They Do
Don’t Miss: When Does Grey’s Anatomy Resume
Case Manager Job Description Example
Case managers play important role in helping patients to get better and to access social services.
Case Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Case Manager Do?
Case managers are health care specialists who play an important role in evaluating and managing patients welfare.
Their job description entails assisting patients or helpless individuals in accessing social services, creating treatment plans, and monitoring progress of recovery.
Case managers review clients application and records to ascertain their medical history and issue.
They usually meet clients one-on-one or during group sessions to discuss client problems.
They determine client requirements by conducting interviews to identify need for psychological, medical or psychiatric intervention.
Case managers often work in the company of social workers or psychologists. They help patients develop flexible treatment plans, which support home treatment or provide escort/transportation services.
They also maintain record of clients response to medication as well as overall progress of treatment.
As part of their responsibilities, case managers explain to patients the nature of their condition and proffer recommendations on ways to ensure quick recovery.
They assist patients in conducting coverage negotiations with a health insurer in order to channel insurance coverage to crucial areas.
In fulfilling their role, case managers may refer clients to appropriate specialists for professional treatment.
What To Include In A Case Worker Resume
A case workers job typically revolves around assisting individuals or families who are going through or are coping with a variety of issues. From terminal illnesses to family problems to financial difficulties, you will most likely be dealing with people who went through such tough times.
What must you include in your resume? You must highlight your ability to solve problems and reach goals. After all, thats the very purpose of someone working in case management services. A good case worker resume sample would also include your education, experience, and skills related to case management or social work.
Many applicants for case worker jobs usually have a degree or post-secondary education. It is great when you have qualifications to back you up. If you dont, you need not worry too much because there is still a chance. Just make sure your case worker resume is well-crafted and packed with all the details necessary to impress a hiring manager.
You May Like: How To Write Up References For Resume
Advice : Choose The Right Resume Format
The functional resume format and targeted resume format are 2 good options to choose from.
- Functional resume format
A functional resume showcases your skills over work experience. It puts the skills section on the top of the work experience section in the case manager resume, usually in an extended bullet list format where you share more details and past achievements.
- Targeted resume format
A targeted resume elaborates on your skills and work experience that are relevant to the opening job. Remember to research the industry, company, department, and job requirements of the opening job in advance to understand what recruiters are looking for.
Hospice Rn Case Manager Salary
A hospice RN case manager is a vital member of the hospice team. They are responsible for coordinating care for patients in the last stages of life. This includes managing the patients medical, social, and emotional needs. Hospice RN case managers typically have a Bachelors degree in nursing, and many have additional certification or experience in palliative care. They typically work full time, but may also work part time or freelance. The average salary for a hospice RN case manager is $59,000 per year.
You May Like: What To Put On A College Resume
Additional Tips For Creating A Perfect Case Worker Resume
As a case worker, you will be providing support services to family members and individuals who are going through difficult situations. You should be able to assist clients professionally and be involved in crisis intervention while staying calm and objective at the same time.
Therefore, a perfect resume for a case worker must look professional and organized. It should be detailed and factual too, since you need to show your trustworthiness to hiring managers who will be looking at your application.
Keep these in mind while preparing your resume:
Check out our resume templates to see some samples that are most suitable for you, your personality, and experience.
Highlight Your Case Manager Resume Skills
Case managers must have a wide range of skills to get the job done. For instance, you need extensive technical skills to be able to break down charts and understand what a patient needs. And you also need the organizational and leadership skills to manage a team of healthcare professionals and make sure the patient actually gets the care they require.
All of these case manager abilities are equally important. If the hiring manager doesnt see these skills in your skills section or elsewhere on your resume, theyre not going to bring you in for an interview.
To show that you have what it takes to excel on the job, emphasize these top case manager skills on your resume:
Don’t Miss: Which Is The Best Resume Writing Service In India
How To Write A Case Manager Resume
Before you start writing, make sure you know how to write a resume in a way that best emphasizes your strengths.
We all need healthcare at some point in our lives, and healthcare needs case management.
Case managers play a crucial role in organizing an individuals care, and with the growing elder population in the US, case management is a growing field. However, healthcare is a high-stakes industry, and no hiring manager wants to onboard a case manager whos less than excellent at their job.
Prove your excellence and that youre the right candidate for the position by writing a strong resume that highlights your case management-related skills, experience, and accomplishments. These three writing tips will show you how to make a case manager resume that lands you work in this highly competitive field:
How To Write A Professional Resume Summary For A Case Manager
A successful resume summary for a case manager summarizes your competitive experience and skills to amaze the recruiters.
Where to place the resume summary?
Its highly suggested to place the resume summary on the top of your case manager resume, right under your resume title, resume objective, and your personal information to increase its visibility.
Things to include in the resume summary:
You could include your most competitive skills, experience, awards, or academic performance to impress the recruiters. Remember to keep your resume summary within 2 to 4 sentences. You want recruiters to get a sense of who you are in seconds.
Things to avoid in the resume summary:
Please avoid irrelevant information like your family members, personal hobbies, or childhood memories. Make your resume summary align with the opening position to increase its competitiveness.
Case Manager Resume Summary Examples:
Recommended Reading: How To Write A Resume For A Customer Service Job
How To Align Your Resume With The Job Description
Aligning your resume with the job description is essential for making a positive impression on hiring managers. Employers want candidates that align with their organizations work culture and needs, so youll want to tactically integrate keywords from the posting directly into your profile, bullet points, and skills section. This strategy will also ensure that your document meets the ATS benchmarks during the initial application phase.
When determining what skills to feature on your resume, you should refer to the job description as you craft your bullet points. Pay close attention to the order in which the keywords appear. Qualifications mentioned in the opening paragraph or specified as a requirement need to be featured closer to the top of your document. If you notice that a skill is repeated more than once, youll want to prioritize embedding the keywords into your professional profile to maximize visibility.
Rn Case Manager Skills And Qualification:
- A bachelors degree in nursing is preferred
- An advanced degree in nursing is required
- Accreditation in hospital case management
- Strong background as a case manager in a healthcare setting as an RN.
- A valid drivers license and a personal automobile are required.
- Knowledge of patient databases.
- Strong ethical awareness when it comes to the handling of patient data.
- Management, oversight, and inspirational abilities are second to none.
- Committed to improving the health of patients.
- Working hours include afternoons, weekends, and vacations.
Also Check: Do You Add References To Resume
Demonstrate Your Ability To Work Well With People
Case managers spend most of their time communicating with clients and welfare resources providers, they need to have excellent communication skills and an open mind to get along with people from diverse backgrounds. Hence, its suggested to elaborate on your interpersonal skills, sympathy, and compassion in the case manager resume.
Begin With A Compelling Case Manager Resume Objective Or Summary
How should you start a resume for a case manager job?
Your resume profile is where you do this, in one of two ways:
Have one or more years experience working as a case manager?
Then do it with a resume summary.
These case manager resume summary statement examples show how:
Also Check: How To Make Money Writing Resumes
Rn Case Manager Job Responsibilities And Duties:
- Organize and deliver client-centered care that is safe, efficient, productive, economic, and equal.
- Assist with case assignments, design service contracts, assess patient progress, and decide on case closure.
- Assist customers in achieving wellness and self-sufficiency.
- Support numerous elements of care.
- Assist patients in making informed decisions about their clinical condition and possible treatments by serving as their champion.
- Build effective working relationships with the healthcare staff and collaborate with them throughout the intervention process.
- Make arrangements with social care, healthcare, and government agencies for abeyances.
- Communicate with patients to keep records of their development and ensure that they are satisfied.
Case Manager Resume Education Example
Educationand certification are important factors for case managers. In the education section of your case manager resume, you will list these achievements. Theres no need to go into detail unless you have taken a specific class that speaks to your job qualifications.
If you hold many certifications or qualifications, you may choose to create a separate section. Just make sure your resume does not go longer than two pages.
If you hold a degree higher than a bachelors degree, you may leave your high school off your resume sample.
See the resume example content below for formatting.
Don’t Miss: How To Find Resume Writers On Linkedin
What Are Some Great Skills To Put On A Resume For A Case Manager
The skills section is undoubtedly the most important section in your case manager resume. It shows recruiters your hard and soft skills that make you the best fit for the opening position.
If you are an experienced worker with solid skills, you could integrate the skills sections with work experience. On the other hand, if you are a fresh graduate with no work experience, you could show your skills in a simple or extended bullet list.
A simple bullet list shows your skills concisely and clearly. However, it lacks full elaboration on your level of skills and accomplishments. If you choose to show the skills section in a simple bullet list, you should elaborate your skills in the work experience or education section.
In contrast, a list with expanded bullets gives a full explanation of your accomplishments or projects youve made with the skills. However, the list might be too long if you write more than 5 skills. You have to focus on a handful of your best skills to keep your case manager resume concise.
Where to place the skills section on a resume?
If you are a recent graduate writing an entry-level case manager resume, you could place the skills section on the top of your work experience and educational background sections.
In contrast, if you are an experienced worker with years of work experience, you could put the skills section under your work experience section to emphasize your professional experience.
Things to include in the resume skills section:
How Do I Create A Case Management Plan
The job description of a case manager requires that they create a case management plan.
When creating a case management plan,you may want to make sure that the plan addresses the needs identified during the needs assessment process.
The plan should also address the needs for all family members.
Some of the things you should do in developing a business plan are:
- Identify available resources.
- Develop tools to facilitate the treatment process.
- Draft out working policies and procedures.
Your work process will be dependent on how good your case management plan is.
Don’t Miss: When Will Student Loans Resume
Case Managerresume Examples & Samples
- A credit process specialist dealing with a range of credit activities for a number of portfolios
- Provide high-quality credit processing support to Relationship Directors, acting as an interface with other areas of the bank
- Responsible for preparation of complex Facility Letter documentation and Instruction for completion of necessary security documentation
- Will be responsible for managing drawdown of significant lending deals ensuring that Regulatory and Internal procedures are adhered to
- Working in partnership with the sales team, servicing team and other specialists to ensure that we provide a joined up service to our customers at all times
- Highly analytical and strong numeracy skills
- Very decisive and ability to reason decisions through
- Able to work to tough deadlines in a pressure environment
- Strong initiative, strong intellect, adaptable and innovative – producing a practical and pragmatic approach
- Knowledge of Post Sanction Fulfillment Process would be an asset to any candidate
- Full fluency in both Spanish in English is mandatory for this role
Manager Case Management Sacramentoresume Examples & Samples
- Requires a BA/BS in a health related field 5 years of clinical experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state required
- Certification as a Case Manager is preferred
- For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires a BA/BS 5 years of clinical care experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Current and active RN license required in applicable state
- Certification as a Case Manager from the approved list of certifications and a BS in a health or human services related field preferred
- Managers who have directly supervised the case management process for three or more years must hold a certification as a case manager and meet continuing education requirements to maintain licensure and certification
- Candidate must reside in the Sacramento area to meet with Hospitals, Providers and community partners
Don’t Miss: White House Tours Resume