Resume Examples & Samples
- Manage a select portfolios of customers accounts receivables via following a designated receivables strategy
- Conduct payment analysis of accounts to ensure timely receipts, accurate billing, minimize credit risk and limit delinquent DSO
- Review orders on credit hold and take appropriate and timely action to resolve
- Investigate chargebacks via root cause analysis and resolve with customer or internal business unit
- Apply cash on account and investigate exceptions where payment does not match invoices
- Participate in projects aimed at continuously improving the business/department
- Bachelors Degree in business, finance or accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in AR, Credit or Finance preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Word and Outlook
- Polished communicator, comfortable interfacing with internal/external customers
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Persistent approach with ability to follow up and follow through
- Attention to detail, investigative mind and takes initiative
- A variety of ERP experience preferred
- A motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
Accounts Receivable Resumesample And 25+ Writing Tips
You have the financial literacy of Milton Friedman, and fight for the last penny like a bulldog. Ready to prove it?
Abstract: Accounts receivable specialists ensure that due cash makes its way to the company. They keep the balance sheet in proper order and follow up on past due bills. An accounts receivable resume also has to be in tip-top shape, and has to convince prospective employers that the books will be clean and that the money will keep coming in as it should.
Youve spent countless hours filling in an old-school ledger. The piggy bank strolls in and startles you with its screaming. You knock over a 5-gallon ink bucket, spilling the contents all over the books.
You wake up from this bad dream with relief, but soon remember that your mediocre accounts receivable resume is in the trash.
Its high time to write a resume that finally gets you interviews.
- An accounts receivable resume sample that gets accounted for.
- A quick guide on the resume format.
- How to squeeze out more profit from your accounts receivable job description.
First, see how its done.
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from
What users say about ResumeLab:
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check all our Resume Examples for Any Job.
What Should Be Included In An Accounts Receivable Job Description
A typical Accounts Receivable job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Maintaining the billing system
- Generating invoices and account statements
- Performing account reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Producing monthly financial and management reports
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Letter Of Recommendation Resume
Accounts Receivable Resume Sample You Can Collect On
Methodical accounts receivable specialist with 4+ years of experience in handling a broad scope of billing, collections, reconciliation and month-end-closing processes. Implemented new AR/AP procedures which improved collection rate by 25%. Designed automated payment reminders using Zapier and SalesHandy, sent on shipment delivery, and in regular time intervals afterward, with alerts for AR if the emails are not opened and read within a certain time. Improved on-time collection rate by 19%, and saving 10 hours per week.Ready to implement proven strategies for Diversified Ventures Accounts receivable//Accounts Payable department.
- Responsible for a broad scope of billing, collections, reconciliation and month-end-closing processes for a $25m wholesale shipping business.
- Improved collection rate by 25% by implementing new AR/AP procedures.
- Designed automated payment reminders using Zapier and SalesHandy, sent on shipment delivery, and in regular time intervals afterward, sending us emails back if emails are not opened and read.
- Improved on-time collection rate by 19%, and saved 10 hours per week.
- Cut down refunds from $450k to $225k annually by identifying a weakness in the refund protocols which allowed bad faith and unjustified refunds.
- Prepared and maintained documentation for external and government audits.
- Sage 100 Certified Accounts Receivable Specialist
- IOFM Accounts Receivable Specialist Certification
Add Hard Numbers To Your Achievements
Your past professional achievements are one of the most important parameters by which hiring managers will evaluate your accounts receivable application because youll be dealing with numbers every day.
Its important to showcase your accomplishments in quantifiable terms to clearly demonstrate your impact in similar roles .
The best way to quantify your experience is to add hard numbers to your resume experience section.
For example, you could mention:
- The dollar value of the portfolio of annual billings and collections that you managed
- Your impact on enhancing productivity/efficiency in percentage terms
- The number of invoices you processed per week
- The number of people you managed or trained
Below are two examples of how a sample candidate uses hard numbers to show their professional impact as accounts receivable professionals:
Managed approximately $350M in annual billings and collections
Devised and implemented new billing procedures which enhanced productivity and tracking efficiency by 15%
4. Include accounts receivable-related keywords in your resume
Companies often use Applicant Tracking Systems to scan resumes for specific resume keywords, so if youre missing important words related to your duties as an accounts receivable, then youre hurting your chances of getting hired.
Here is a list of popular keywords found in accounts receivable resumes:
- Billing and collections
Read Also: Is Color On A Resume Bad
Experience For Manager Accounts Receivable & Billing Resume
- Determine the cause of the problem select and explain the best solution to solve the problem and expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution
- Reviews and posts cash receipts listing to corresponding outstanding invoices on the A/R Aging Report
- High volume billing using Deltak Costpoint system
- Submits all customer invoices in accordance with required format and submission terms, including DFAS Wide Area Workflow or other government agency system
- Follow up on aging reports
Experience For Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist Resume
- Conduct timely research, analysis and decision making for resolution of deductions and disputed items, short/over-payments
- Provide coverage during hours of responsibility for internal and external customers
- Knowledge of accounting and collections principles and practices
- Transition to changing processes and systems
- Meet or exceed targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets
Don’t Miss: What Should My Objective Be On A Resume
Accounts Receivable Deductions Supervisorresume Examples & Samples
- Supports the strategic vision for the Deduction Services function, ensuring it is aligned with the Order to Cash strategy and is understood and adopted by staff
- Provides leadership/supervision that is proactive, inclusive, respectful and results driven
- Builds and strengthens the capabilities of the Deduction team by identifying, developing and overseeing talent within the function
- Interacts proactively with related functional areas of the Divisions to ensure appropriate actions are taken
- Drives operational excellence and ensures full alignment with all Novartis business, compliance and audit requirements
- Develops, measures and delivers service levels and SLA/KPI targets for the Deduction function
- Ensures Deduction policies, processes and operating procedures are clearly defined in-line with Group standards, and are up to date and documented
- Implements tools, reports and metrics to drive and monitor team activities
- Ensures collaboration with key stakeholders, including senior level cross-divisional business colleagues, both internal and external accounting, credit authorities/auditors, and Division Sales and Marketing
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are adhered to, including NFCM controls and global processes
- Cultivates a culture that is customer service focused
- Supervises deduction analysts who are responsible for resolving all deductions/disputes from assigned portfolios
- Provides coaching to ensure deduction analysts are functioning at optimal levels
Responsibilities For Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist Resume
- Proficient at MS Office
- Manage an active customer base of key accounts, with a portfolio size of $10 – 30 million dollars
- Process credit card payments from customers and vendors
- Make daily collection calls to research and analyze accounts
- Proactive approach to work and ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Track / apply due payments and follow-up with stakeholders to speed collections
- Make reconciliations to ensure that all payments are registered and properly posted
- Track and log unpaid balances and provide insights on reasons for delayed collections
Don’t Miss: How To Show Promotion On Resume
Experience For Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist Resume
- Process daily invoices for various types of orders
- Research any issues related to receivables
- Answer customer questions on receivable matters
- Organize, file and mail invoices daily
- Assist with the deal desk review of sales opportunities, contracts and non-? standard transactions
- Write up daily cash receipts
- Research consultants to be paid after cash receipts
- Maintain and update client contacts
How To Write An Accounts Receivable Resume
An accounts receivable department has the important task of ensuring that companies receive all due payments or accounts receivables. Working within an accounts receivable department requires enough patience, persistence and organization skills to successfully locate and retrieve missing funds. Learning more about how to write an accounts receivable resume can help prepare you to find your next job in this field. In this article, we review what accounts receivable is as an industry, how to write an accounts receivable resume, along with some templates and examples to help you get started.
Also Check: How To Upload My Indeed Resume To My Iphone
Balance Your Education Section
Its one thing to do exercises at college, and another entirely to play with your bosss hard-earned cash. If you have more than a couple of years of experience in AR, just list the degree name, school, and graduation date. List the GPA if you graduated in the last 2 years.
If you are completely fresh to AR, you may want to add a relevant coursework section below your degree.
Expert Hint: A good LinkedIn profile can go a very long way. If someone goes to that extent to find out more about you, make sure you reward them with something interesting, so they reward you with that job. Check out our .
Express Your Career Goals
Expressing your career goals concisely can help the hiring manager understand what you’re looking for in this role. This allows for clear communication about what you’re hoping to achieve in your career and if you can achieve it through this position. For example, if you’re looking for upward mobility in a few years’ time, the hiring manager may keep this in mind and provide a future opportunity.
Also Check: When Will Carnival Cruises Resume
Experience For Accounts Payable / Receivable Analyst Resume
- Maintain organized files both electronic and paper
- Import company credit card transactions into Sage and review to determine completeness of entries
- Obtain and store W-9 information for all 1099 vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements and assist with resolution of vendor payment issues
- Respond to vendor inquiries, regardless of payment status
- Follow up and resolve open issues in a timely manner
- Review, code and process A/P check requests
- Enter A/P invoices into Computer system
- Process and distribute A/P checks
Experience For Accounts Receivable / Billing Specialist Resume
- Responsible for creating and sending invoices to customers
- Obtain and reconcile all export bills of lading to system of record and escalate variances as needed
- Create billing documents from sale orders booked
- Review billing due list for items to be billed
- Identify, analyze and solve problems that block the routine billing to customers
- Work with sales order processing personnel to issue milestone billings, advance billings and partial billings
- Collaborate with intersecting departments to improve overall business processes
- Resolve billing problems
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Visually Appealing Resume
Highlight Specific Accounting Or Business Certifications Or Education That Add To Your Qualifications
Many accounts receivable roles require only a high school diploma, but additional relevant education is sure to set you apart from other candidates. Its also worth highlighting any coursework that reinforces your qualifications, as well as extracurriculars that demonstrate your interest and emphasize your proficiency.
- Excelled in accounting, finance, and auditing classes.
- Member of university math club.
- Completed coursework in business administration and business software.
- Studied accounting, finance, and auditing.
- Excelled in coursework in accounting, business software, and auditing.
XYZ College, 2018-2019
Skills For Accounts Receivable / Billing Lead Ses Resume
- Manage relationships with Sales and Commercial attending all project kick off meetings to understand any contract complexities and billing milestones
- Production of monthly MI report to Financial Controller highlighting key risk and opportunities within the billing activities
- Resolve issues and work challenges by applying critical reasoning
- Customer Focus: Demonstrating understanding of how ones actions and/or work impact the Companys relationship with customers
- Collections calls
- Oversee individuals to ensure attention to detail is occurring while they are inputting data into customer accounts to document financial transactions
- Prepare daily invoicing and contract review to ensure accuracy on billing/terms/etc
- Participate on system related projects and support testing of billing related functions as needed
Also Check: Resume Writing Services For Executives
Accounts Receivable Representative Followup Intermediateresume Examples & Samples
- Follow-up, phone insurance companies on outstanding claims and appeals
- Print and re-file claims as needed
- Answer incoming patient insurance company and physician office telephone calls
- Work KAM reports as assigned
- Calculate anesthesia billing unties and reimbursement amounts
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- One Two years collection experience required
- One year posting, coding or accounts receivable collection experience in health care organization is preferred
- Strong mathematical, research, analysis, decision making and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, insurance processing guidelines and laws
- Working knowledge of TWCC guidelines and laws, commercial managed care insurance, Medicare and Medicaid guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with physicians, external customers, hospital staff, co-workers and senior leadership
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Work AR report for assigned insurances
- Previous medical accounts receivable experience required
- Ability to think laterally identify trends, work with both internal and external resources
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Insurance contract interpretations with an ability to identify and dispute insurance underpayments
- Medicaid HMO, Medicare HMO, BC, and commercial payers
- Payer websites
- Experience with Epremis and Siemens software
Accounts Receivable Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical accounts receivable professional to assist our accounting department as it receives, processes, and collects on goods sold or services rendered. In this role, you will be required to review account information, correct discrepancies, and ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected.
To succeed as an accounts receivable professional, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record-keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Also Check: How To Spell Resume For A Job
Skills For Accounts Receivable / Collections Analyst Resume
- Prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks with established deadlines in a fast- paced, time critical environment
- Experience within a credit control role – Ideally media focused
- Oracle experience highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to own complex portfolios
- Three to five years of collections experience
- Accounts Receivable experience
S On Writing An Accounts Receivable Resume Objective
Accounts receivable is a business function that monitors how much money the consumers owe or have yet to pay a company. Good management of accounts receivable can thus help prevent overdue payments and no payments. It ensures good cash flow for a company and reduces bad debts that can impact profits. This is why many companies value finding the right candidate to help them manage their accounts receivable. Learning how to create an effective resume objective may help you improve in your job search in accounts receivable roles. In this article, we discuss what resume objective is, including five steps on how to write it and finally share examples of resume objectives for different career levels.
Don’t Miss: What To Put On The Education Part Of A Resume
Skills For Accounts Receivable & Collections Agent Resume
- Keeping record of all delinquent accounts, incomplete files, and credit risks
- Working closely within Excel and Quickbooks
- Reviewing timesheets and invoice documentation to ensure it is complete, accurate and authorized per contractual agreements with the client
- Submitting invoices to the client per the client’s requirements
- Communicating with branch offices’ sales force and managers
- Providing support to customers with discrepancies on their account
Responsibilities For Accounts Receivable / Collections Specialst Resume
- Handle customer inquiries and disputes
- Notify the team of negative payment patterns
- Provide monthly collections reports
- Understand and comply with all JLL and clients policies and procedures
- Special projects and other functions required by manager or client
- Suggest collection actions such as late notices and default notices based on tenant interaction
- Month end reconciliation of Lock Box account
Use A Proper Ar Resume Format
Youre going to be handling money. A lot of money. The big bucks, so to speak. A person who gets their accounts receivable resume format wrong will not be trusted with the big bucks, most likely.
- Use a clear resume font in a 1012pt size.
- Set 1-inch resume margins, and spaces between sections.
- The one-page resume is sufficient.
- Order your resume sectionslike this: Header, Profile, Experience, Education, and Additional.
- Save your resume as a PDF, so that it doesnt lose its shape. Naturally, send it as a MS Word resume template if the job ad asks for it.
Lets balance the books.
Expert Hint: An eye tracking-study shows that the average recruiter gives 7.4 seconds of their attention to each resume. Keep this in mind throughout this process.