What To Include In Your Resume
Highlight your education and credentials. Teaching jobs usually require specific degrees and certifications, so be sure to highlight your education. Include an Education section toward the top of your document.
Include all of your relevant teaching experience. Remember to list relevant teaching experience if applicable. If you have limited teaching experience, include volunteer positions, internships, and co-curricular activities that involve teaching in some way.
List accomplishments, not duties. Rather than listing your duties for each job, include a list of your greatest accomplishments. For example, you might mention that you helped improve student test scores, or you might include information or quotes from your supervisors evaluations of your classes. If you received an award or commendation from your school, mention this. Whenever possible, include values to numerically show your successes. For example, you might state, Developed and implemented new math curriculum resulting in 48% improvement in state test scores.
Certified Appraisal Reviewerresume Examples & Samples
- Using limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines review all incoming appraisals from Affiliates and Staff Appraisers to ensure that report are completed in an accurate and high quality manner. Ensure all reports meet USPAP and Lender Requirements
- Under general supervision identify the appraisals that do not conform to the above requirements and work with the appraiser to ensure that the report is corrected and returned
- Communicate with Affiliates and Staff Appraisers regarding USPAP or Lender changes to ensure that these changes are integrated into their work
- Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents referring non-standard issues to supervisor
- Communicate with the Appraisal Management team any ongoing quality issues that are identified so that appropriate follow-up can occur
- This position may require frequent overtime, at times on a daily basis must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet client service level agreements
Certifiedresume Examples & Samples
- Graduate from a surgical technologies program or completed a surgical technology program provided by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force Marine Corps, or Coast Guard, or the commissioned corps of the United States Public Health Service. Exception to this would be an individual practicing surgical technology during the twelve-month period immediately following the completion of a degree from an accredited school for surgical technology
- Certified Surgical Technician or Certified First Assist
- Current certification in Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and ability to work in stressful situations in a fast paced environment
- Completes 15 continuing education credits concerning surgical technology annually
Mercedes Certifiedresume Examples & Samples
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technicians tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as special tools.
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
- Master-Certified Technician
An Employer Requires Specific Certifications
If a company requires certifications for a particular job, you have little to no chance of being hired unless you have those certifications and list them clearly on your resume.
Onetonline is a good place to look if you arent sure, and you can also explore other job postings in your target industry.
Don’t Miss: When To Take Gpa Off Resume
What To Include In The Certifications Section
Include the following details for each certification:
- Name of the certification in full, followed by acronym, if any
- Name of the certifying body or authority
- Location for instances of state or country-based certifications
- Date or year when completed
- Certified Addictions Registered Nurse , Addictions Nursing Certification Board, 2017
- Trauma Nursing Core Course Certification, Emergency Nurses Association, 2015
- Acute/Critical Care Nursing , American Association of Critical Care Nurses, 2012
Include The Name Of The Host Organization
In order to verify the validity of your certification, you will need to list the name of the association who awarded it to you. Be sure to spell this out as well and proofread for any typos. If you are submitting your resume digitally, you may be able to insert a link to the organizations website directly into your resume to make your readers research easier.
Don’t Miss: Is A Two Page Resume Ok
What Are Online Courses
Online courses refer to training that you can take virtually to build specific skills or knowledge. They are sometimes referred to as MOOCs or massive open online courses. These programs often offer a more affordable and convenient learning experience for users. You can find free options to boost your general abilities, though these may not provide a degree or professional certification. If you need a specific certification, you often need to seek out paid options from providers with authority or accreditation.
Make Your Resume Stand Out
Learn how to put certifications on your resume alongside all the other highlights that make you a worthy choice for the job. Ideally, your resume will demonstrate that there are many facets that make you, the job candidate, a great fit for the position. Want to make sure it’s getting the job done? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster’s Resume Writing Service. You’ll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume’s appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter’s first impression. A well-rounded resume can boost your odds of getting called in for an interview, so take the time to give it some extra polish.
Don’t Miss: Presentation Experience On Resume
Archer Certified Developerresume Examples & Samples
- Any combination of a related Associate’s or Bachelors degree, certification or 5 years of related experience
- Archer eGRC experience is required
- Expertise with the eGRC Archer Application suite of Policy, Risk, Enterprise and Compliance Management, Vendor and compliance management
- Financial Services industry experience
Listing Certifications On The Resume
Showing certifications on a resume is key to standing out in the running for a job vacancy which is why its so important to understand how to indicate resume certifications, memberships and licenses.
These are a few tips for including certifications on a resume but for more structured resume help, you could try using a resume template to ensure an HR-approved resume layout including resume boosting certifications.
Read Also: Is It A Crime To Lie On Your Resume
Senior Scrum Master Resume
Why this resume works
- Again, you’ll notice that whenever possible the work experience of this scrum master is tied to quantifiable metrics and tangible outcomes.
- As a scrum master you know the importance of setting tangible goals and measuring against those goals. Demonstrating you can do this when talking about your past projects will quickly highlight you have that skillset.
To Demonstrate Industry Experience
Another good reason to feature your certifications on your resume is if they prove you have acquired years of experience in the industry. Many certifications are only awarded to individuals who have worked a certain number of years as a professional. Listing your certifications can be an efficient way to verify your experience level.
Don’t Miss: Do You Put References On Resumes
Ensure Your Scrum Master Resume Format Is On Point
A computer will grade your resume for keywords and format. Ensure the formatting matches the recruiterâs requirements or you won’t get past their applicant tracking system . If this process sounds challenging, our free resume format guide can help!
Your scrum master resume should, therefore:
- Be one page:
- Utilize bullet points:
- When it comes to your scrum master resume, bullet points are the way to go. Recruiters like to scan and digest pertinent information quickly and concisely. Bullet points enable quick reading.
- Avoid icons/images:
- Icons and images have no place on a professional resume. A picture of you smiling in a suit wonât get you the job.
- List the positionâs title you’re seeking:
- Include the position title and ensure itâs bolded for easy visibility.
- Have no errors:
- Ensure your scrum master resume is error-free. Recruiters can smell an error a mile away, so typos could nix you from the shortlist.
- Determine if you need an objective/summary:
- Many professionals opt to have an “objective” or “summary.” The problem with these is that they can be too generic and therefore disregarded by employers.
Scrum master resume objectives and summaries
What is the difference between a summary and an objective?
A summary tells what your resume is and does. It describes your accomplishments when you can showcase 10+ years working in a specific field.
Example of a job-specific customized objective:
Example of an effective summary:
Scrum Master Resume Objective
A scrum master resume objective much like a resume summary is an overview of your resume. It should be written by professionals with less than 3 years of work experience drafting their entry level scrum master resume.
In the objective statement, you will be showing the recruiter what you can offer to their organization rather than making demands.
Want more scrum master resume points on creating the perfect scrum master objective? See our guide to the resume objective section.
Also Check: Should I Put Temporary Jobs On My Resume
Optional Certifications On A Resume
This category of certificates are usually not part of the employerâs resume filter criteria. However, including credible certificates can greatly improve your chances of winning an interview. Especially in those few seconds that employers look at your resume before deciding to either continue reading or toss the resume out.
Optional certificates might be very effective for college students as well as those changing careers. These certifications may also be a way to stand out if you’re applying in industries such as Architecture and Engineering, where only 24% of those employed hold certifications.
If presented correctly, including optional certifications, such as those acquired from online courses or universities, can be a strategic way to get noticed and land an interview. As long as itâs relevant to the job, some optional certifications may appear as highly desirable.
Nace Cp Certified Corrosion Engineerresume Examples & Samples
- Review preliminary data, discuss objectives and expectations, and suggest appropriate engineering methods and procedures for Cathodic Protection projects
- Develop detailed Cathodic Protection system designs for customer projects
- Apply knowledge of basic engineering principles and corrosion theory to execute projects or complete various aspects on projects
- Provide technical supervision and technical assistance to other divisions within the company
- Conduct various field tests
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables
- Prepare CP designs, specifying anode type, quantity, and location rectifier location, test station locations and other design features on prepared drawings
- Diagnose and remedy system difficulties during resurvey operations
- Conduct post installation survey
Read Also: How Many Professional References
Resume Samples And Tips For Jobs In Education
The Balance/ Miguel Co
When writing a resume, it’s helpful to review examples of resumes that are related to your occupation. Your resume should reflect the latest trends in resumes for your field, including the format, as well as what you choose to include and how you include it.
In the competitive field of education, you will want your resume to stand out and highlight your ability to learn and grow in the industry’s current environment.
Here is a list of education-related resume examples to give you ideas for your own resume. The list includes resumes for early childhood education, teaching abroad, and related positions such as camp counselor and librarian.
Orthotic Fitter Certifiedresume Examples & Samples
- Collaborate with orthotic practitioners in the evaluation and analysis of a patients need for orthotic services
- Perform fitting, and execute minor modifications as necessary
- Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient satisfaction with devices provided
- Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records
- Demonstrated ability to effectively fit and deliver non-custom orthotic devices such as cervical orthoses not requiring more than minor modification pressure gradient host trusses non-complex prefabricated spinal orthoses and prefabricated orthoses of upper and lower extremities
- Minimum of four years successful experience in providing orthotic services under the supervision of a certified practitioner
Also Check: How To List Courses On Resume
Certified Medicine Aideresume Examples & Samples
- Receives report at the beginning of shift with nurses. Reports any observations concerning customer condition, emergency situations or difficulties with medications to the supervising nurse throughout shift should they occur
- Administers routine oral, topical and suppository medications as prescribed by the physician. Document same on MAR
- Administers prn medications as prescribed by the physician, as directed by the licensed nurse. Documents same on MAR
- Maintains medication supply, assists with ordering of new medications, reorders existing medications and restocks medicine carts as needed
- Recognizes the significance and is able to perform accurate vital sign monitoring when indicated by drug therapy
- Maintains current knowledge base regarding any medication he/she administers. Investigates/looks up unknown medications before administration
- Checks all first doses against physician order sheet does not administer medication based on verbal order of nurse
- Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository medication as prescribed by physician
- Processes physician’s orders to ensure proper administration
- Orders medications, as indicated by doctor’s orders
- Participates in the completion of treatments of customers as directed by a Licensed Nurse
- Notes and reports any unusual conditions, emergency situations, or difficulties with medication to the Licensed Nurse
- Cleans medication treatment carts and medicine room
- Stocks medicine room
Where To Include Certifications On A Resume
If the certification is a requirement for the position, then you want to either list it next to your name in the header or in your resume title. A hiring manager only looks at a resume for a few seconds so you need to quickly show that youâre qualified for the position.
Here is an example of a certification next to a name:
You could also list your certification in the title of your resume. Utilizing a resume title is very effective for any resume and we wrote a good post on writing a resume title and header here.
Here is an example of listing your certification in a resume title:
Don’t Miss: Where To Put Latin Honors On Resume
Scrum Master Resume Samples For 2022
Building a scrum master resume from scratch can be overwhelming. These resume templates have been designed to help you land an interview in 2022 no matter what stage of your career you’re in as a scrum master.
The hardest part is getting started. These resumes have helped scrum masters get interviews at companies like Zoom and Dropbox so they’re a great place to start.
Why this resume works
- This scrum master has a catchy resume objective that emphasizes their impact in their past roles. You should only include a resume objective if it adds value since you should really strive to keep your resume to one page.
- Since this person has several years of experience it’s vitally important to show an increase in responsibilities over time which this resume successfully does.
- There is an emphasis on quantitative impact in the work experience section.
- The hiring manager will only be reviewing your resume for a very brief period so you need to quickly make the case that you’ll have a tangible impact on their business. The best way to do this is to demonstrate you’ve had a similar impact in your past roles.
Certifications Section Has To Be Separate
Some candidates find it comfortable to add up certifications in any section of the resume.
But, mixing the certifications with other skills or awards sections will not impact the recruiter.
For that matter, the recruiter might even skip reading your certifications if you do not have a separate section for them.
Let us do a test.
Give yourself not more than 3 seconds for each resume and assume yourself to be a recruiter.
How to add certification in resume sample: tell us which image makes a better impact.
The second image is:-
We are very sure that the image with a separate certifications section must have impressed you.
So go ahead and safely add all your training programs and certifications list in this section.
You May Like: How To Name Your Resume
Example : Listing Online Classes In The Education Section
Bachelor’s degree in journalism â University of Missouri |Columbia, Missouri
Used this online learning platform from an accredited university to enroll in courses to gain and improve my data journalism abilities.
Data Mining and Analysis
Learned how to use data mining techniques to analyze and leverage complex data sets.
Data Analysis with Python
Learned how to apply existing Python skills to organize and analyze data sets, then create visualizations to represent the data.
Here Is An Example Of Certifications On A Resume:
If you have any online certifications or courses you took, those would usually be mentioned towards the bottom of your resume. It is okay to list online certifications from sites like Udemy or Lynda on your resume. It shows the hiring manager that you took the time to learn or touch up on a skill, and that will never get you disqualified. However, keep only highly relevant, required or prestigious certifications at the top of your resume.
Read Also: How Do I Upload A Resume To Indeed