Skills For Chemistry Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
- In a clinical laboratory setting
- Graduated from an accredited MLT program and passing a national exam given by the Board of Registry of the American Society for Clinical Pathology
- General lab or equivalent clinical laboratory training
- Variable Day Shift/Rotating Weekends
- Performs routine and/or specialized laboratory testing
Medical Laboratory Technologist Resume
Headline : Seeking to find a job as a Medical Laboratory Tech so can utilize course through the Medical Laboratory Tech program. Procedural Skills Cell counts, Urinalysis, Body Fluids analysis, Hematology testing.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Examines human body secretions such as urine, feces, seminal fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, transudates and exudates.
- Performs specimen analysis of all Chemistry, Virology, and Serology in an efficient, accurate manner.
- Records result on appropriate worksheets and computer systems and perform file maintenance and plots results of control runs.
- Performs quality control, instrumentation, and calibration, reagent preparation, and other principles and methods in every section.
- Performs hematologic procedures and techniques either manual or automated and collects and examines microbiologic samples.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, pathologist and nursing staff as a member of interdisciplinary team.
- Establish or monitor quality assurance programs or activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
Experience For Supplemental Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
- Takes appropriate action in correcting minor instrument problems using trouble shooting guide. Notifies appropriate leader within established timeframe
- Follows SOP for checking and reconciling outstanding tests and draws
- Coordinates specimen shipping and receiving activities. Assists with the transport and delivery of specimens for laboratory testing
- Collects specimens from Central Processing, separates and delivers specimens to proper testing areas
- Performs and documents basic cleaning maintenance on laboratory equipment and reports equipment requiring more advanced repairs
You May Like: Does Resume Include References
Skills For Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
- Testing personnel as a generalist or in a specialized area within the lab
- Working knowledge of computer application software and Laboratory Information System
- Working knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Locating and transporting specimens as per company standards and protocols
- Performing a variety of laboratory tests and assays in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations in a designated technical department
- Capable of physical exertion, including walking, standing, sitting, and bending or lifting to 40 pounds
- Perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping
- Responsible for planning, performing, and evaluating laboratory testing analysis
- Follows laboratory technical procedures including specimen handling, analysis, quality control, proficiency testing and results reporting
What Are Lab Tech Resume Objectives
Lab tech resume objectives are short descriptions that scientific professionals may craft to explain their career goals. This statement can be a sentence or two at the top of your resume. This helps hiring managers understand what you hope to achieve with your application. You may use this opportunity to describe your unique qualifications, why you want this particular position or what you hope to learn if hired.
Read Also: Relevant Courses
Work Experience In Your Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your medical laboratory technician resume. Its the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.This section, however, is not just a list of your previous medical laboratory technician responsibilities. It’s meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular medical laboratory technician position you’re applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Medical Laboratory Technician resume experience can include:
- Demonstrates respect and works effectively as part of DFCCC team to ensure a professional and courteous environment
- Typing or keyboard skills
- One year of experience in a clinical laboratory settingBasic knowledge and working experience with Medical Terminology Registered Medical Technologist
- Experience:Up to 1 year clinical experience as required by MLT program at a hospital
- Performs venipuncture on both inpatients and outpatients utilizing age and gender specific skills to the young adult, the adult, and geriatric patient
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in tissue culture applications
Responsibilities For Hematology Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
- Runs instruments as needed
- Cover lab supervisor as needed
- Effectively troubleshoots/resolves instrument problems and documents corrective action in appropriate log when necessary, performs instrumentation repairs. Effectively investigates/resolves specimen collection problems using Outstanding Specimen Report and specimen tracking tool when appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to communicate with, provide care for, and assess data appropriate to the age of the patient served
- 76 hours every 2 weeks. Hours/schedule are negotiable
- Verifies insurance and Medicare directives for laboratory orders. Assesses laboratory orders for medical necessity against ICD-9 codes. Ensures patient ABN form is completed when deemed necessary after reviewing patients insurance information
- Performs and keeps accurate records of equipment maintenance and quality control documents corrective actions per laboratory procedures
- Successfully participates in safety education and all required competency assessment activities
You Analyze Specimens In Your Work Now Its Time To Analyze A Resume Sample To Get Ideas For Improving Your Medical Lab Technician Resume
Just as you analyze specimen samples in your laboratory work, you should analyze resume samples to get ideas for improving your resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacsespecially if you want to land top lab technician jobs.
To learn how your resume can emphasize procedural lab skills developed in a hospital setting, view this entry-level medical lab technician resume sample that Isaacs created below. You can also download the entry-level medical lab technician resume template in Word.
Medical lab technician jobs are projected to grow by 13% from 2016 through 2026, according to theBureau of Labor Statistics . Youll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California,Texas,New York,Pennsylvania, and Tennessee and in the following metropolitan areas: Los Angeles, New York City,Baltimore, Chicago,Atlanta, and Boston.
As a medical lab technician, you can expect to make a median wage of $51,770 per year, or $25 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn more about healthcare careers on Monster.
Lab Tech Resume Objective
You can write a powerful career objective even if you dont have relevant lab tech experience. Focus on showing transferable skills and add numbered achievements whenever possible.
Expert Hint: How to write a resume profile? It is best to do this once you have completed the other sections of your lab technician resume, especially your job description.
Don’t Miss: How To Resume Application Mac
Skills For Associate Manager Medical Laboratory Resume
- Maintain appropriate continuing education for certification
- 3) have completed an accredited 50 week, U.S. Military Medical Laboratory training
- Keep work area and laboratory areas clean, organized, and free of clutter
- Organize tasks and projects work without close supervision to complete tasks
- Broad knowledge and work experience with both classical and molecular clinical microbiology to include basic laboratory methods for cultivating and identifying microorganisms and microscopic analyses conducted within BSL3 containment
- Extensive background and experience in diagnostic clinical microbiology to include supervision and management
- Broad knowledge and work experience with both classical and molecular clinical microbiology to include basic laboratory methods for cultivating and identifying microorganisms and microscopic analyses
- Basic knowledge of techniques to prepare tissue for electron microscopic analyses
- Nationally recognized certification as an MLT
Do You Have Any Numbers On Your Resume
Since resumes are mostly text, using numbers can be an easy and powerful way to get your accomplishments to stand out. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value to your employers!
The best places to include numbers are often within your work experience, especially when talking about groups of people or things. You can specify how many people you worked with, or how many tasks you completed, or even how long it took to to finish something. Also look for words like “several” or “some” and see if you can use a number there instead.
Even if you don’t know the exact number, it’s more valuable to guess than to leave it vague.
Skills For Medical Laboratory Tech Prn
- Skill in calibrating, operating, maintaining and troubleshooting sophisticated analytical instruments in necessary, as well as knowledge of inventory control/ accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of quality assurance/control sufficient to perform routine/complex tests and verify results
- Demonstrated experience in inventory control/accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical technology principles/concepts in general clinical laboratory areas to perform routine and non-routine procedures
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and conduct management functions
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory operational policies and procedures
Professional Skills In Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
When listing skills on your medical laboratory technician resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there’s a list of typical medical laboratory technician skills:
- Strong proven work experience in a clinical laboratory, especially chemistry. Experience in general chemistry spectrophotometric methods
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices or Good Tissue Practice
- Outstanding client/customer service and phone skills
- Effectively and accurately executes study functions per protocol and SOP requirements, collecting,
- Demonstrates technical competency by completing annual competency validation
- Phlebotomy skills
You May Like: How To List Gpa On Resume
Skills For Medical Laboratory Specialist Resume
- Proficiency with cutting frozen and paraffin embedded tissue
- Proficiency with various histologic, immunofluorescence and immunohistochemical staining procedures
- Basic knowledge of CLIA, HIPAA, IRB, CAP regulations and related bookkeeping
- Basic knowledge of bench research work including PCR assays
- Advanced computer knowledge including MS Word, MS Excel and database management
Medical Laboratory Technicianresume Examples & Samples
- Experience involving patient contact, customer service in a medical setting, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology. Working knowledge of laboratory and hospital computer systems is helpful
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Ability to demonstrate required dexterity, knowledge, and ability to complete assigned laboratory tasks and skills, attention to detail and compliance with all appropriate regulatory and safety requirements
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees
Recommended Reading: How To Insert A Line In Word 2010
Responsibilities For Certified Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
- Takes responsibility for troubleshooting of instrument/method, quality control and specimen problems
- Performs work review and pending work review as required
- Notifies supervisor of ordering needs
- Wears gloves when handling specimens or in certain procedural steps
- Utilize various hospital and laboratory information systems and software maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
- Knowledge of Federal and local laws and regulations governing medical and legal responsibilities for collect and transport of patient specimens
Writing Psychology: Use Your Cover Letter To Tell A Professional Story
As a lab technician, your job is about making sure the same processes are repeated correctly to ensure accurate results. While there are some general guidelines for cover letter writing, its hardly as rigid as working in a lab. While you might be tempted to squeeze in anything and everything about your professional experience in order to impress the hiring manager, by taking a few moments to write creatively and with passion, you can create a cover letter that quickly surpasses the other candidates.
Your resume is a great place for the hard facts of your employment history, leaving you with more flexibility while writing your cover letter. One of the best ways to approach cover letter writing is as if you were writing the story of your professional journey. Explain to a hiring manager where and when you developed your interest in lab work. What do you love about your job? What are your strengths? Whether its patient care or the more technical side of things, make sure your cover letter conveys enthusiasm for the job you do.
Storytelling is one of the most powerful psychological writing techniques you can use on your cover letter. According to the Harvard Business Review, a well-written story makes people more empathetic and generous the exact response you want to elicit from the hiring manager.
Recommended Reading: Resume Multiple Positions One Company
Write A Centrifugal Lab Technician Resume Objective Or Summary
Your resume profile is the quick panel of most key results that they will be interested in. Its the red blood cell count of your resume. HR looks at your resume for 7.4 seconds, so pick the most key results to include.
List your years of experience, type of work you have done, and 2-3 most key achievements or improvements you made at your past job. Then, in a single line, state your ambition at the new workplace to make a solid career summary statement.
Include An Education Section
Unless youre applying for a specialist research post that requires a certain degree, you will probably be well served to reduce it to just the name of the degree, date of graduation, and school name.
Include your GPA if you are fresh out of school, and relevant coursework if you think it will advance your chances.
This how you should list education on your resume:
Medical Lab Technician Resume SampleEducation
Also Check: How To Write A Resume For An Internship Position
Use A Business Resume Format
Theres a reason lab results are presented in tables and graphs. It makes it easy to pick the key stuff out. The same way, resumes also have a common format that allows even the most overworked of lab managers to find what theyre looking for.
If you dont set out your information in this way, youre making them work for it. They have enough on their plate, sorry, Petri dish, so dont. Follow these resume layout rules:
Thats the framework, now lets collect all the samples to include.
Dominant Key Skills And Action Verbs For Medical Laboratory Technician
Take into account that you should impress the prospective CEO and deliver them with an extraordinary CV. One important thing to accomplish when preparing a draft of your resume would be to include a couple of action words that outline your skills in Healthcare. In particular, service orientation, management of personnel resources, or monitoring will be able to reflect you’re competent enough to work as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
Key Skills & Proficiencies
You May Like: What Is A Good Typing Speed For Resume
Responsibilities For Chemistry Medical Laboratory Technician Resume
- Assist in orientation, instruction and evaluation of students and new employees to the department
- Check Communication boards at least weekly
- Maintain and disinfect work area
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all patient, co-worker and business information at all times
- Adhere to Covenant Health policies on Integrity and Compliance issues
- Maintains adequate inventory of reagents, consumables and supplies to maintain par values
- Job Specific: Provides quality, timely results
- Performs, evaluates and repeats patient samples and controls as necessary and checks patient abnormal and panic values as required
Lab Technician Resume: Examples Template And Resume Tips
- Lab Technician Resume: Examples, Template, and Resume Tips
Oftentimes, lab technicians dont get the recognition that they deserve, and all that just because they are lower on the scale than, lets say, lab technologists or doctors.
But just because thats the case doesnt mean that people should look down on the job of a lab technician.
After all, theyre usually the ones with the most duties in the laboratory environment, and theyre also the ones who are looking at all of those blood and tissue samples and determining their properties.
In addition to that, you should also know that the job of a lab technician is surely becoming one of the more demanded jobs on the market right now, with a projected number of jobs growing by a whole 11%, which is a significant advancement comparing to other jobs.
So, what should you do if you want to become a lab technician?
Well, first of all, youre going to have to get at least a bachelors degree or a certificate in medical technology, based on the state that youre applying for work in.
Next, you need to make a resume that will make your employer think that youre the best possible candidate for their position.
We didnt say that it was easy, but dont worry. Were here to make it less time-consuming and confusing for you.
Just take a look at some lab technician resume examples that we got here for you, and follow our detailed step by step guide where we show you exactly how to write each section of your new resume.
Read Also: How Many References To Provide
Medical Laboratory Technician Resume Samples
The Medical Laboratory Technician job description entails diagnosing the patient, carrying out tests pertaining to immunology or toxicology. Other duties listed on the Medical Laboratory Technician Resume include the following sorting and checking specimens, organizing all information into database, identifying abnormalities in patients test, running tests and drawing blood specimens, obtaining fluids and tissue for testing, cleaning and setting up laboratory, sterilizing laboratory equipment, preparing data reports, preparing for transfusion, and creating a safe environment for everybody.
Candidates seeking to work in this field must depict the following skills a good understanding of how to use and maintain all types of medical equipment, knowledge of correct handling of specimens, a thorough understanding of proper hazardous material disposal process and the ability to draw blood fluently. At career entry, a college education either in the form of a bachelors degree or an associates degree in the related fields is required.
Medical Laboratory Technician Waresume Examples & Samples
- Perform and report lab tests according to work instructions: Process patient specimens according to priority and document results. Review patient reports for accuracy before release. Alert clinicians and appropriate designees of abnormal results
- Problem solve by auditing specimen integrity and identification. Identify test discrepancies. Investigate or initiate inquiries troubleshoot any malfunctioning equipment or test system and repair if possible. Refer problems to technologist, specialist, supervisor, manager or pathologist as needed. Answer inquiries about department policies and procedures
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees or students
- Working knowledge of specific laboratory analytical equipment
Don’t Miss: Gpa In Resume