How To Make Content Strategist Experience On Your Resume Stand Out
In the marketing space, numerical results stand out to responsibilities lists.
If a CMO or a marketing manager looks at your resume, theyd like to know that you not only led rebranding campaigns, but you increased annual revenue from $60 000 to $300 000.
Include the following info in your bullet points to make them stand out:
- What was the result of your marketing campaigns? Did you increase sales or drive revenue?
- What tools did you use to create the campaigns? Buffer? Hootsuite? CoSchedule?
- What platforms were involved in the campaigns? LinkedIn? Facebook? Instagram?
- Illustrate a point where you showed initiative and you solved a problem without being asked to do so.
Talking about general things like, doing SWOT analysis or increasing conversions shouldnt be mentioned without quantifying results for the business.
Its as if youre applying for a gardener and you sell yourself on your brilliant use of a lawn mower.
Try to claim outstanding successes as opposed to responsibilities. Heres a comparison below.
Skills For Digital Media Strategist Pm Resume
- Related experience in pre-sale solution role, preferably within the advertising industry
- Effective strategic planning
- Responsible for driving strong financial performance of budget under management new business sales and customer lifetime value
- Utilize complementing tactics and strategies to develop and manage effective digital media plans in support of sales teams and client performance goals
- Present innovative case studies and ideas for more effective media planning and outreach
- Strong grasp of media and marketing trends, especially the convergence of traditional media with digital, video, mobile and social media
- Experience in presenting digital strategy plans, concepts and campaign results
- Hands-on experience with AdWords, Bing Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, and Facebook Ads, etc
Whats The Appropriate Resume Layout For Content Strategist Resumes
Lets go over three basic resume layouts:
- Reverse-chronological resume – you may often see experienced Content Strategists reach to this format. It puts your relevant job experience under the spotlight.
- – it focuses more on the skills youve got, in case you dont have any substantial work experience. Not a good choice for marketers of a strategist calibre.
- Hybrid resume – Content strategists may come from media or marketing background as expected. Or hail from industries you least expect. This makes hybrid resumes perfect for individuals who changed industry or have mixed experience.
Credentials aside, the best content strategists all exhibit three similar characteristics:
Now that you have a pretty good idea about resume sections and format based on your experience, its time to dissect every single building block.
Don’t Miss: When H1b Premium Processing Will Resume
Skills For Senior Media Strategist Resume
- Strong self-discipline and time management skill
- Effectively problem solves generates innovative solutions to potential obstacles or market challenges
- Handles large volume of work efficiently, effectively and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive requests
- Effectively representing the department at internal meetings
- · Support a team of dynamic Account Executives: communicate effectively with sales to help the team accomplish specific revenue goals
- ·Support a team of dynamic Account Executives: communicate effectively with sales to help the team accomplish specific revenue goals
How Do Professional Resume Examples Work
Before explaining how these examples work, let’s clear air. They should not be mistaken for resume templates that are ready-made document format designed to help job-seekers portray their career achievements, skills, education, and work experience to their potential employers in an organized and attractive way.Now, the purpose of an example is to provide you with sufficient context, general best practices, and insight on what a resume for a specific industry looks like.Once you have an idea about how writing a specific or targeted resume works, you can improve the way you write your resume. This is how they work in helping you achieve your goals of writing a job-winning resume.
Also Check: How To Insert Line In Word For Resume
Social Media Job Description For Resume Examples
- Managed Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.
- Responded to comments and replies.
- Posted updates on social media.
See the differences between those two above?
One will go viral, while the other becomes a meme.
The main point is, dont just list duty after past duty monotonously. Use those bullet points to relate to the agencys needs, be super detailed, and always include numbers to show off your social media metrics.
Finally, the good example above includes numbered accomplishments
Regular employees are 9% more efficient when theyre allowed to browse social media sites at leisure. Your efficiency, on the other hand, will be expected to be sky-high since youre tasked with browsing social media all day.
Show them how efficient and effective you are with quantifiable achievements:
After your work experience
Its time to add a resume skills list to showcase your various social media abilities.
Here is how to list social media skills on resumes:
What Are Social Media Roles
Social media roles fall under an organization’s marketing department. They are a series of positions designed for professionals with strong social media management skills to run key communication channels, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Employers hire these professionals to create content, post stories, monitor follower growth and design social media advertising campaigns on behalf of their brand. They may also collaborate with key opinion leaders on social media to leverage their platform to advance their own notoriety. Essentially, their goal is to build a loyal social media following that they can use to promote their company’s products and services.
Here’s a list of common social media roles and their relevant job responsibilities:
Don’t Miss: How To Give A Resume In Person
Experience For Senior Media Strategist Mccann Resume
- On-going administration of clients media product insertion orders, estimates, billing questions and general documentation
- Oversee media placements, contract facilitation, positioning reports, budget reports, resolving discrepancies
- Deep understanding of Ad-Tech ecosystem and applicability to B2B marketing
- Understands media math and how to apply calculations proficiency in working with and managing numbers
- Responsible for maintaining client status docs and gathering inputs
- Social Media enthusiast and general understanding of the digital measuring tools and SEO
- Execute all media plans by finalizing contracts and issuing orders
Skills For Digital Media Strategist Resume
- Organized, strong analytical skills
- Lead effectiveness project, working with econometric learnings, Nielsen, and media partners to measure and report on brand lift, footfall, and ROI effectively
- Positive attitude toward team work and excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, including understanding of formulas, functions and analyzing results
- Advanced communication skills including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations
- Industry-recognized proficiency with Prior Agency and/or high-tech/Telco/software experience in driving demand generating campaigns
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with clients
- Demonstrated experience in content marketing and channels
- Exceptional communication skills in English and Chinese
Read Also: What To Say In An Email With Your Resume
Round Out Your Social Media Coordinator Resume With A Lil’ Sumthin’ Sumthin’ On The Side
Youve made a social media resume thats now #instagood.
How do we get it to #instaperfect?
Throw in a few additional sections to beat the other social media applicants by showing youre a well-rounded individual.
Here are a few awesome options:
- Standard Arabic: Professional Working Proficiency
- Swahili: Intermediate Proficiency
- French: Basic Conversational Proficiency
Expert Hint: Resumes are incomplete without a cover letter alongside. A great social media cover letter can help explain gaps in employment, show passion for marketing work, and display enthusiasm about this social media gig, among other things.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? Theres 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Experience For Senior Media Strategist Resume
- Bid Management Platform experience Google Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, Marin
- Digital Analytics Tool experience Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Webtrends, Heap
- 2 yrs+ experience either in digital media or relevant back end process
- Experience in a similar strategic digital role, within a media or marketing agency, or client side
- Experience with managing a large data centric project
Read Also: Resume For Teachers Example
Responsibilities For Assistant Media Strategist Brand Connections Resume
- Revise break formats when necessary, securing optimal placement for promos
- Act as a liaison between marketing and corporate assets for cross-channel requests & implementation
- Build relationships with clients with goal of consultative selling. Primary point of contact for clientele
- Negotiate pricing and purchase orders with publishers and vendors
- Serve as internal digital consultant for media sellers provide relevant and timely insights into the status of the digital advertising industry
Social Media Resumeexamples And 25+ Writing Tips
You know Facebook inside and out, Twitter from top to bottom, and Instagram from front to back. Show the marketing head your talents and skills with a great social media resume.
Tell that to the hiring manager.
To win them over and earn that interview, you need a social media resume that sells yourself as effortlessly and compellingly as influencer marketing.
Its easier than you might think
- Great social media resume examples to land top digital marketing jobs.
- How to personalize resumes to the social media coordinator job description.
- How to write a resume for social media jobs that score lucrative interviews.
- Expert tips and examples to increase the likelihood of getting social media jobs.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: Wow! I love your resume.PatrickI love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!Dylan My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!George
Want a few other resume examples related to social media and marketing?
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check all our Resume Samples
Also Check: When Will Student Loan Payments Resume
Skills For Display Media Strategist Resume
- Experience with understanding / knowledge of key strategic Media & communication principles and concepts across all Media channels
- Solid understanding of Research tools, Media Data sources and new forms of Measurement, such as: Clear Decisions, Pathmatics, MRE, ComScore
- Experience selling digital online platforms
- Strong client relations – having the ability to understand and assess business needs and find solutions to meet those needs
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities
- At least five years experience working in media analytics or related field
- Preferable experience in client relationship management for online media, post sales consulting and/or project management
- Be a self-starter someone who can prioritize a day without being told what to do
- Experience managing budgets, projects, programs, and timelines
And Thats What A Content Strategist Resume Needs To Land You The Interview
- Dig up your dragon slaying stories, a.k.a. biggest career achievements and highlight them in your experience.
- Make it easy for recruiters to figure out what youve done by including numbers and results in your resume.
- List your top skills with specific scenarios where they helped you complete a task.
- Present your value proposition from the start with an impactful career summary.
- Elevate your resume header beyond contact information by adding certification title and relevant links.
- Make sure to research the company youre applying for and feature skills and experiences they want to see.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Mcdonalds On Resume
Highlight Your Social Media Manager Expertise
The first phase of applying for a social media manager position is the ATS filtering of your resume. Your resume must contain enough keywords and information relevant to the job posting to pass through the filter before it lands in the hands of the company’s hiring professionals. Your social media manager resume must reflect your technical abilities or hard skills that make you perfect for the position and the soft skills, or “people” skills needed.
Top hard and soft skills employers are looking for when hiring a social media manager
Experience For Assistant Media Strategist Brand Connections Resume
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives & brand-building campaigns
- Select and study information about online products, including mobile consumption, and breaking down that behavior to support specific media plans
- Work closely with digital marketing team colleagues who are responsible for optimizing digital media channels
- Provide forward-looking insights on new strategies, technologies and emerging best practices
- Familiarity with A/B Testing of marketing creative
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of agency professionals including production, creative, media, finance and billing
- Knowledge of Nielsen TV, SQAD, Scarborough and any relevant media planning and buying tools
Read Also: How Many Years Of Work History On A Resume
Should You Add An Education Section
During your job junt, you may see that relevant degree is required.
Be wary though, since Content Strategists are usually people at senior level positions with a sleuth of experience in digital marketing.
This means relevant work history can trump an education degree, especially if you took it a decade ago.
However, if you have recently completed a degree you can include it in your resume education section. Make it more relevant by including:
- Your degree name and institution
- How many years youve attended
- Any details about your studies – a relevant research study or a publication
Common majors include Journalism, English, information management, Marketing and Public Relations.
However, having a Psychology degree or a Project management degree can also help you illustrate your relevant background. Just make sure to connect them with Marketing as much as possible.
Heres a way to do that for a Psychology degree:
Skills For Assistant Media Strategist Resume
- Experience working for a Publisher or Advertising Agency
- Experience in building media plans and working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology and media math
- Experience negotiating and buying media
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing paid social media campaigns on various platforms
- Experience running B2C consumer marketing initiatives
- Partner with content specialists to develop high performing creative assets and messaging, and optimize digital experience through A/B and MVT
- Related work experience required in digital marketing, SEM, and social media advertising
- Programmatic buying experience
Recommended Reading: How To Make My Resume
Social Media Strategist & Content Producerresume Examples & Samples
- Strong strategic outlook and ability to leverage current and future trends to help an organization succeed at the broadest level, across groups, teams or units
- Subject matter expertise in digital community development
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with senior staff and other members of the academic community
- Experience leading highly-functioning teams
Why Do We Suggest Using Resume Examples
Here’s why we recommend you use them:
- Makes writing a top-notch resume Easier
- Most of them are written by resume experts
- Helps you to avoid the mistakes most job seekers make
- Saves you time
Makes Writing a Top-notch Resume Easier
Writing a professional resume is easier when you use a resume example. It’s no longer a hidden secret that some job seekers know little to nothing about creating a resume or cover letter.If you fall under this category, that’s no problem at all. Not everyone is great at putting words on paper.So, don’t feel bad because you struggle with this aspect. It isn’t all doom and gloom.
Here’s what you can do to make things better:
Look for samples of resumes related to the industry or position you are applying for and use them as a guide when writing yours. This will improve your ability to write a job-winning resume quickly.
Most of them are written by resume experts
Helps you to avoid the mistakes that most job seekers make
Saves you time
Writing a resume from scratch takes a lot of time. But it gets better when you use samples because you get to save yourself a few minutes or hours of brain-racking.All you have to do is find a resume ideal for the industry of your choosing and use it to your advantage.Besides saving you time, you won’t need to go through as much stress as you would have if you had to start from scratch.
Recommended Reading: How To Write A Sports Resume For Sponsorship
Responsibilities For Senior Media Strategist Mccann Resume
- Social media/digital marketing, social media planning, social platform strategy development
- Guide a comprehensive consumer direct mail marketing program to optimize in-market testing
- Develop direct mail strategies to improve productivity utilizing direct marketing best practices
- Leverage knowledge of media planning/forecasting to
- Expertise in programmatic media buying as well as a familiarity with digital advertising operations
- Lead weekly on-air meetings with network marketing teams to review campaign strategy
Responsibilities For Assistant Media Strategist Resume
- Sets priorities and manages time well
- Graphic design experience in the Adobe software suite InDesign, Photoshop
- Being an internal consulting resource on media specific information
- Establishing media objectives and strategies for advertising campaigns
- Monitoring performance of all media and develops rationale explaining results
- Aggregating and organizing creative specifications for media placements
- Monitoring creative units to make sure they are running correctly
- Engage in all aspects of paid social media, including platform capabilities, targeting opportunities, pricing formats and bidding strategies
- · Oversee campaign planning and strategy by assessing brand briefs and coming up with creative solutions
You May Like: What Does It Mean To Name Your Resume