Writing Information Technology Objectives For A Resume
Yahoo Small Business
3 min read · 9 years ago
- ProviderBusiness 2 Community
Writing Information Technology Objectives for a ResumeResumes vary according to the field in which you, the job seeker, want to apply and even the company in which you have the interest to work with. As you might know, the first,and in many ways, the most important part of your resume will be your resume objective statement, itll be the reason why potential employers will take interest on your resume or discard it at a glance.
Whether might be the position in which you want to work, engineer, developer, scientist, analystor researcher, you need to distinguish the difference between a standard professional resume and one related to information technology field. In the case of Information technology resumes, you need to highlight the technologies where you possess an expertise. However, its obvious that you cannot add all those technologies in the short objective, but you can consider the most relevant, the rest of the information can be included on a specific section of the resume.
The introduction to your resume is critical. You need to grab the attention of a hiring manager and make the right impression.
General Labor Resume Objective
Adaptable and reliable general laborer with strong skills in woodworking, job site cleanup, lifting and carrying heavy objects, written and oral communications, basic math and physical stamina seeks position that provides steady employment and growth opportunities.
Read more: How To Write a Laborer Resume Objective
Sales Manager Resume Objective
Advertising professional who sold $150K in SaaS products using an innovative launch campaign and strong leadership skills. Seeking a sales manager position where | can further apply my skills in motivating and training a team while increasing the companys bottom line.
Like our social media marketing example from earlier, this example is very similar. We can see the person is transitioning from an advertising role into a sales role in which case, they include transferable skills to show why they would be a good sales manager.
You May Like: How To Use Resume Template In Word 2010
Here Is A Good Sample For Someone Who Is In The Middle Of A Career Change:
This is a good example because it hits on everything we discussed above. Its specific. We know exactly who this person is , what company theyre applying to , both how they benefit the company and what value they bring and best of all, its short and to the point.
In just a few words this individual has taken what might seem like a totally unrelated field and shown how the skills and experiences they have directly translate to the job theyre applying for. Brilliant!
Geographical Change Or Career Gap
Use the following format:
- Include your job title and reference the date of your relocation, or
- Include your job title and reference returning to the job market after # time.
- Describe your overall goal with reference to the companys goals.
For example: Detail-oriented administration professional relocating to Perth in August. Seeking employment as an office manager in a medical clinic. I bring 10 years experience, strong organisational skills, and social media management experience, and am looking to provide support to staff in a healthcare facility.
Another example: Results-oriented certified accountant returning to the workforce after maternity leave. Analytical and a strong problem-solver, I am seeking a position in a boutique firm as a senior accountant.
Also Check: How To Write A Resume For A Scholarship
Bpo/ites Career Objective Examples
Project Manager with 6 years of experience in handling multiple projects in the BFSI domain right from quality training to operations division. Possess a knack of applying analytical and problem-solving skills to meet clientsâ varied demands within strict deadlines. Ensures timely completion of identified goals.
Highly responsible Training Manager focused on developing and conducting unique training sessions for a better understanding of telecom companyâs products and processes. Handled team of 25 trainers and conducted various leadership and motivational training materials for organizing company-wide training workshops.
An accomplished Team Leader with 3 years of experience in designing and managing Customer Service strategies & ensuring timely resolution of customersâ queries. Helped call centers in retaining the existing customers & increasing revenues by X% with a remarkable FCR ratio.
Career Objective Example In A Human Resources Resume
- Experienced who appreciates moves looking for a chance to learn and empower utilization of solid authoritative aptitudes, instructive foundation, and capacity to cooperate with other employees.
- Seeking a situation in Human Resources which gives a chance to make solid commitments by using and developing related training, aptitudes, encounters, and capacities.
- To accomplish a dependable Job opportunity where I can completely use my preparation, HR, and the executives abilities while making a noteworthy commitment to the achievement of my manager.
- A post in Human resource management where I can use my experience and training to get the desired objectives of the company.
- A situation in the Human Resources field where I can use demonstrated aptitudes to create and advance a positive workplace.
You May Like: My Perfect Resume Scam
Examples Of Good Objectives For A Resume
We have discussed the theory behind how to write a good objective for your resume. Now, here are three examples of strong resume objectives that put the above advice into practice.
Example 1 Objective: To secure a position at Company X where I can make full use of my five years experience in project management and take overall responsibility for dynamic projects.
Example 2 Objective: To land a job that maximizes my superb interpersonal and organizational skills to help Company Y achieve its key business objectives.
Example 3 Objective: To secure a position at Company Z in which I can leverage my experience in sales leadership to identify new revenue-generating opportunities.
Dental Student Resume Objective Example
Student at the Boston University School of Dentistry looking for an opportunity to learn from more experienced oral surgeons at ABC Hospital. I have firsthand research experience with Dr. Demotta working to understand the mechanisms of dental decay in infants and I’d like to gain more practical experience alongside that.
Read Also: Do You Need A Photo On Your Resume
Career Objective Example In A Freshers Resume
- To secure work with an organization that offers a reliably positive climate to learn and actualize new for the improvement of the association.
- To bring my solid commitment, obligation, and inspiration while using my capabilities acquired through .
- Seeking a passage level situation in deals where I can expand upon my present range of abilities to add to the of the organization. Decided and objective situated, my impermanent work involvement with retail combined with amazing relational abilities and a solid customer centre gives an incredible beginning stage to a profession with your organization.
- Dedicated professional having bachelors degree, ready to start the job in this challenging field of Human Resources.
- Recent alumni with 5+ long stretches of customer assistance experience searching for a passage level position with that will cultivate profession development and utilization of relational aptitudes.
How To Write A Good Objective For Your Resume
Traditionally, every resume would incorporate an objective statement: a short paragraph at the top of the page setting out the candidates goals. They are less popular today, perhaps because they are so difficult to get right.
However, this does not mean they are no longer relevant. Writing a good objective for your resume can go a long way to persuading a potential employer that you are the best person for the job.
Also Check: Is My Perfect Resume Legit
Why Do You Need Career Objective
Landing your dream job in the present competitive world can be a cumbersome task. In order to make your resume compelling and well-written to catch the attention of the recruiter, a resume objective can prove to be immensely useful. Lets explore the top reasons why you add career objective for resume:
- As recruiters review hundreds of applications on daily basis, a well-written career objective for resume can significantly catch their attention without going through the whole resume thus saving their time while also highlighting your resume from the pile of other profiles!
- Adding particular keywords pertaining to the job profiles can also help you stand out your resume as many software or online websites scan resumes for keywords related to the jobs, skills and descriptions.
- Writing a concise resume objective can further underline how interested you are in a particular job profile and how your skills and experience align with the job description.
Focus On The Employer
In order to write an objective that focuses on how you can help a potential employer, youll need to find out what they need. This means doing some research. Find out as much as you can about how they make their money.
For example, if youre a writer, many magazines today are trying to generate more revenue from their digital products or meetings and conventions area. Your objective might read:
To use my journalism training and experience to help produce interesting articles and to help generate new digital content opportunities.
If you specialize in a particular area of accounting and bring some specific value to a business, you might write:
To use my eight years of accounting experience to help businesses strengthen their financial controls and procurement, expense reimbursement and forensic auditing capabilities.
Another variation of an accounting objective might be:
To use my knowledge of the U.S. tax code to help businesses create effective tax strategies, maximizing deductions and minimizing annual liabilities.”
Job search website Indeed.com provides a list of more than 70 examples of resume objectives tailored to different positions and in different industries.
Some experts suggest making your objective specific to a business by using that companys name. Some advisers suggest using the first person while others say no. Try both and see how they read for your resume.
Read Also: How To Send Your Resume To A Recruiter
How Do You Format An Internship Personal Statement
The format for a personal statement includes an introductory paragraph, a few paragraphs that describe your experiences and how they relate to the career field or the internship for which youre applying, and a paragraph that wraps it all up and ties the beginning to the end.
Review Resume Objective Statement Examples For Multiple Jobs
While there is no single right answer to the question of how to write a resume, reviewing examples of good resume objectives can be very helpful when you are trying to improve your own resume or customize it for a particular position. Review resume objective examples for various jobs, such as management or secretarial roles, when determining how to word your own objective. Examples of well-written career objective statements for a resume include:
- To obtain an entry-level position with a leading publishing house.
- To secure a position in healthcare administration that requires skills in medical coding, office management, and customer service.
- Obtaining a challenging position in retail management with a Retail X Corporation.
- Seeking a sales position that includes opportunities to prospect, build client relationships, and provide outstanding customer service.
- To provide leadership as the executive director of a charitable organization focused on raising money for cancer research.
Read Also: Where To Put Relevant Coursework On A Resume
Make Your Career Objective Specific To Each Role
Just as you need to tailor your resume for every organisation and role you apply for, so too will you need to make your career objective differs for every application. Inserting something generic will not succeed in making yours the most compelling one, nor will it even be suitable for the application in some cases.
Writing a career objective for each role requires you to do your research. Read about the organisation, their history, size, values, mission statement and people. Speak to existing employees if you can. Read articles and forums and chat to friends in the industry. Find out, where possible, what sort of employees the organisation wants, and why. All this information will help ensure yours is specific and relevant to you, the organisation youre seeking to work at and the employer or team assessing your application.
Good career objective example: As a senior accountant with experience in both the public and private sectors, I successfully deliver growth to diverse markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Winner of the Thought Leader of the Year Award at the New Zealand Accounting Awards in 2018, I am perfectly positioned to lead sustainable change at your company.
Resume Objective Vs Resume Summary Statement
As resume introductory statements go, the resume objective isnt as valuable as the modern resume summary statement.
One significant difference is that the summary statement highlights hard skills and accomplishments in the active voice rather than passive voice, making the job seeker sound more capable and assertive.
For example, I achieved 25% sales growth is active voice, while 25% sales growth was achieved is passive voice.
Overall, a resume summary statement is more assertive in tone. It uses quantitative results to offer the hiring manager proof about the job seekers abilities and what they will continue to achieve if hired.
Here are a few examples of traditional objective statements compared to resume summary statements:
Don’t Miss: Is A 2 Page Resume Ok
Fmcg Career Objective Examples
An MBA graduate with specialization in Marketing. Seeking the role of Area Sales Manager where I can use 5 years of sales experience to identify new markets, provide sales support to a wide network of manufacturers and employees, and launch various sales campaigns.
Proactive Collection Manager with 6 years of experience in managing day-to-day operations of collection activities, spearheading collection policies, activities, and procedures. Seeking similar job role in FMCG sector in PAN India location.
Highly capable and value-driven professional, desirous for the position of Senior Product Manager. Over 10 years of experience in developing marketing plans for products and executing improvisation plans.
A passionate Administrative Professional with 3 years of proven experience in managing and supervising administrative activities. Seeking the role of Administrative Manager to exhibit my communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills in the best interest of the organization.
Should You Include A Resume Objective
A resume objective is a great way to make your resume stand out and to convey a theme or narrative to your work. However, many career experts will insist that its a resume feature of the past. However, it is particularly important for a few key job seekers:
Making a big career change? Congratulations on your courageous move. This also means youre the ideal candidate for adding an objective statement at the top of your resume. Your objective statement should clearly address the fact that youre switching industries. Do not try to add fluff or extraneous details to seem more qualified. State the situation as it is.
If a significant amount of time has passed since your last job, an objective statement is a good place to address this. What have you been up to? What have you learned during this period? Life experience is still valuable experience. Give a teaser of what youve learned.
As youre poised to enter the work world, you might be so excited about the possibilities that lie ahead you havent given much thought to, well, actually landing one of those possibilities. A job search especially your first one can be tough work, wading through the unfamiliar waters of resume writing and job search sites, plus intuiting exactly what a potential employer wants while sidestepping interview landmines. A resume objective can help a recruiter understand how your career goals as a new grad align with the open role.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Ged On Resume
Career Objective For Supple Chain Management/logistics
- Self-motivated and result-oriented Supply Chain Manager with 2 years of experience in transportation arrangement, purchasing and inventory management. Looking for a suitable job profile in an organisation to work on supply chain and logistics management for efficient capital and inventory acquisition.
- A fresh graduate with a BBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management seeking a managerial position at ______ Inc. to get professional exposure in shipping and carrier management and utilise my excellent organisational and time management skills for contributing to the success of the company.
Scrum Master Resume Objective Examples
Experienced Scrum master with a keen ability to understand and build complex systems. I focus relentlessly on removing impediments from teams and delivering customer-centric products and features.
CSC certified Scrum Master with experience coaching teams in person and remotely. I have a track record of tangibly improving employee retention and satisfaction while delivering product features on time and under budget that are loved by customers.
Don’t Miss: Where To Put Relevant Coursework On A Resume
Example Objective On Resume For Real Estate
Personable teller with 2 years experience at small, local bank. Obtained highest client satisfaction grade in 2018. Seeking to aid growth of the Benson Homes real estate management crew as the new property consultant.
Expert Hint: Choose the right skills for your objective and on the rest of your resume. The job ad could say they need someone proficient with Microsoft Excel, but add that to your career objective ONLY if its the most impressive thing you can put there.
When Should You Include A Resume Objective
Unfortunately, most applicants dont understand the real purpose behind a resume objective. Because of this, its very common to get it wrong.
Featuring an objective statement in your resume might be optional, but there are certain situations that youd want to include one. The two times that you must have a resume objective are when youre changing career paths where youre new to the job market, or you have limited work experience.
Don’t Miss: How To Title Your Resume File